NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Regarding the whole loose head issue with the Jungle Hunter Predator maquette, what collectors need to realize, is that if sideshow made the neck area narrower for a tighter fit, the heads could have either become stuck in the neck area permanently, or the key that connects to the head could have broken off, and sideshow confirmed that they intentionally designed it so the heads could be removed easily.Also, from what I've seen in the youtube videos posted, the only reason why the heads fall out, is because if you tap the lower chin area on the heads, they will tend to fall out of the neck area, due to the neck area leaning forward slightly.I imagine if the neck area was in a more vertical position, the heads would still be a bit loose, but wouldn't fall out.

I'm selling some magic beans, limited time only. I'll hold them for you despite all of the interest.... ;)

Regarding the whole loose head issue with the Jungle Hunter Predator maquette, what collectors need to realize, is that if sideshow made the neck area narrower for a tighter fit, the heads could have either become stuck in the neck area permanently, or the key that connects to the head could have broken off, and sideshow confirmed that they intentionally designed it so the heads could be removed easily.Also, from what I've seen in the youtube videos posted, the only reason why the heads fall out, is because if you tap the lower chin area on the heads, they will tend to fall out of the neck area, due to the neck area leaning forward slightly.I imagine if the neck area was in a more vertical position, the heads would still be a bit loose, but wouldn't fall out.

:slap

Please write in paragraphs bro, your posts are hard to read.

Anyway, question for you. How do you know any of these pieces you mention are not hollow? Have you cracked them open to check?

I have seen a picture of a destroyed Prime 1 1:2 scale Superman and it was completely hollow, so I'm willing to bet the others are hollow too, as I don't see why they'd make Superman hollow yet make The Joker solid.

Unless you have seen these pieces smashes up to confirm they are solid, then its hard to make that claim. I know back in the day there may have been some solid pieces especially in smaller scales, but that rarely happens now, especially with big pieces. The risk of breakage is too high.

Personally, I am not fussed by this, as long as the statue has a decent weight to it, looks good and isn't paper thin. I just never understood this obsession with wanting super heavy statues.

Sorry dawg, it was late. I forgot to tell you xpolsive, weta king kong I own that is my heaviest statue and weighs over 50 pounds. It is much bigger than Thanos. The king kong vs rex statue. I love it, it is one of my favorite pieces out their. Anyways, that is why I would have to disagree with you. But this is Weta.

Now to how do I know these are solid? Bro come on man for one I have broken a few statues in my day and most are solid. That king kong one no doubt. The HCG no doubt are solid, you can tell by the weigh so. I hear what your saying, but it can be done and has been done. Look that king kong one. Again, I know it is Weta but still, that company makes quality stuff I own all their district 9 stuff and it is amazing too. Anyways, just a good conversation to have opinions about. Please try not to knock me about the spelling and stuff this isn't why were here. It was late last night and some times I don't proof read. I went through school got my degree. About to go back for my masters in Social Work. I do when it matters lol. Peace buddy!!!

Sorry dawg, it was late. I forgot to tell you xpolsive, weta king kong I own that is my heaviest statue and weighs over 50 pounds. It is much bigger than Thanos. The king kong vs rex statue. I love it, it is one of my favorite pieces out their. Anyways, that is why I would have to disagree with you. But this is Weta.

Now to how do I know these are solid? Bro come on man for one I have broken a few statues in my day and most are solid. That king kong one no doubt. The HCG no doubt are solid, you can tell by the weigh so. I hear what your saying, but it can be done and has been done. Look that king kong one. Again, I know it is Weta but still, that company makes quality stuff I own all their district 9 stuff and it is amazing too. Anyways, just a good conversation to have opinions about. Please try not to knock me about the spelling and stuff this isn't why were here. It was late last night and some times I don't proof read. I went through school got my degree. About to go back for my masters in Social Work. I do when it matters lol. Peace buddy!!!

All good dude, wasn't knocking you over your spelling, it was fine, I just find it hard to read long posts that aren't in paragraphs, that's all. No hate :)

I guess some do still make solid statues, but I think it's pretty rare these days. It's just not as common as it used to be as it's too risky. I've often seen pieces that I thought were solid as they felt heavy, and then I've seen them smashed and was surprised to see they're hollow.

Anyway, I guess the point I was trying to make is that just because a statue isn't totally solid it doesn't mean it's not a quality statue, and that many manufacturers make hollow statues not just Sideshow. I personally think it's a good thing as solid statues can be really heavy which makes them hard to display.

yes I do know that but just like you to know also sideshow did make a solid cast out of the thing
matturibe1 like solid staute and I feel u are more into half solid or as long as not paper thin , I'm the same here
solid statue or a very base does not mean its good ,
u know how many time I have to customised my own base just to fit in my own glass cabinet cause of the weight issue on the base . just ridiculous
I wont get my predator until april so when u do get the predator do me a favour n weight the base n tell me ,

Yeah I know they've made some solid pieces in the past (I have some of them), I just wasn't aware they still made some. I'm like you, I don't want my statues to be too heavy as they are hard to display.

All good dude, wasn't knocking you over your spelling, it was fine, I just find it hard to read long posts that aren't in paragraphs, that's all. No hate :)

I guess some do still make solid statues, but I think it's pretty rare these days. It's just not as common as it used to be as it's too risky. I've often seen pieces that I thought were solid as they felt heavy, and then I've seen them smashed and was surprised to see they're hollow.

Anyway, I guess the point I was trying to make is that just because a statue isn't totally solid it doesn't mean it's not a quality statue, and that many manufacturers make hollow statues not just Sideshow. I personally think it's a good thing as solid statues can be really heavy which makes them hard to display.

Yeah I know they've made some solid pieces in the past (I have some of them), I just wasn't aware they still made some. I'm like you, I don't want my statues to be too heavy as they are hard to display.

xplosive, no worries. We always have conversations. I was not saying I preffer solid over not solid. That sounds horrible. Let me rephrase that. I don't like a hallow statue but I see the point about display cases and glass for sure. But my heavy ones go on the wood of the case on the bottom. I have some really, heavy statues. The legendary can not even fit into a case so they just sit in my condo, I would love to have a case but the base is well to big. I do not prefer besta. I know many collectors have those I go buy the costco ones they are very nice but about 4 bills. I also got the nicest set of display cases over Craig list like ten years ago these were a couple grand each got a steal of a price. Anyways, we have talked before xplosive. To each their own. I was just pointing out that side show once made some great quality items. Not saying because it is hallow it isn't quality but Idk when I think of a statue I think of a good quality solid statue, but many agree with you and want a not so heavy piece so I lose lol!!! Na it's all good I wish you the best both xplosive and tyler. Keep collecting but don't accept crap work!! I mean that weta statue at the time was 500 King Kong. I bet now a days ss first would never make a piece so solid and so cheap in price. That would be at least 1300. But ss has put out some great grails over the years but I am afraid that era may never come back. Anyways, I got to run but all the best guys!!!

Solid statues are nice but the bigger pieces are a pain in the butt to move when its time to dust or rearrange.

I had the original Hulk PF. I also have a hernia to prove it.

Solid statues are nice but the bigger pieces are a pain in the butt to move when its time to dust or rearrange.

I had the original Hulk PF. I also have a hernia to prove it.

I agree, that is why it stays in my display and I get the air can and do it that way. Cleaning always sucks with heavy statues hell even light ones because all are in displays!!

Respectfully, I could not disagree with you more. How come the heads on the P2 stay in securely with no problems but can be easily removed? How come the heads on the Stan Winston P1 have no problems with the fit? How come the heads on the Wolf Predator LSF are nice and secure? Why have I never heard of one of the heads on those pieces getting stuck and/or they key breaking off even though they fit securely? How come this is the ONLY Predator statue with this problem? In fact, some people have received copies where the heads on this fit ok which means that the ones where the heads are so loose they fall out at the slightest touch are defective. If they had to make the heads this loose in order to prevent damaging the statue then there is something wrong with the way they designed the neck/key area and it should have been redesigned.

If people think it's no problem at all that the heads are loose I would beg to differ. For example, the head on the Batman PF is a flat magnet with no peg or key. I have seen numerous posts over the years on facebook and on here from collectors who accidentally gave their Batman a slight bump or tried to move it slightly while dusting and the heads went tumbling and broke. So it can and does happen. If a head is going to be loose in the socket it better have a bloody strong magnet, and fit well enough that the magnets can actually engage.

Have you watched this video from burtial regarding the issue? We're not talking about a slight wobble here, and he was told this was perfectly normal.

Hey guys, I did a quick video rant about the way SS handled this issue, and also to show how bad the issue is. I understand there are others that are okay with this, but I am not.

giphy.gif

He looks like 1/3rd more than 1/4th. Then again, the original maquette was huge to begin with, even with smaller head to make it more in scale.

This is why I don't think a 1/3 from other companies would be much bigger.

Looks massive next to Dutch. I plan to display them side by side, looking at each other, but going by that side comparison Dutch will be looking at Predator's stomach lol.

He looks like 1/3rd more than 1/4th. Then again, the original maquette was huge to begin with, even with smaller head to make it more in scale.

This is why I don't think a 1/3 from other companies would be much bigger.

what do you mean? The 1/3 CM is way bigger than the SWS Pred. The Dutch pf is simply waaaaaay too short. Will only look decent next to the Neca Preds. I'm sure Prime will do one if they get the rights to Arnold.

Scale really looks off. But, this thread has turned so sour, I don't want to take away from Jaws's enjoyment. I really enjoyed your review bud. I wish I had the same luck.

Got Dutch today.. Not going to display this way.. Just a comparison and having some fun :) . . .

As expected - they look great together - and (as predicted) seem to be perfectly in scale.

I'm quite pleased I estimated the side-by-side accurately over a year ago :lol (middle shot)

Really happy for you bud!
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif

Back