NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chase that up the chain to the CS and/or returns manager - this is a FAULTY item and you have the option of returning it same as ANY faulty item.

They may not have brought it up because it should be something I can do within 30 days regardless. IDK. But I told them that is what I want when they get this back, but I haven't heard back. I ASSUME it won't be an issue. I just want to wash my hands from this whole thing.

They may not have brought it up because it should be something I can do within 30 days regardless. IDK. But I told them that is what I want when they get this back, but I haven't heard back. I ASSUME it won't be an issue. I just want to wash my hands from this whole thing.

Yeah - that's how I felt about the Wolf LSB. Never regretted that going back - was SO pleased to shut the door on that one.

It's also what started me thinking about maybe selling off some of my collection.

Hey guys, I did a quick video rant about the way SS handled this issue, and also to show how bad the issue is. I understand there are others that are okay with this, but I am not.

Ian- Please post this on Statue Forum

There's no way that should be sold to a customer like that in the first place.

So... not only is the customer service ridiculous but so is the quality control.

Believe me, I am sorry you had to experience this. It hurts even more when you are so excited during the preorder and waiting period only to be hugely disappointed with the final production piece that is delivered.

Nothing new here, really. Sideshow has been disappointing for years now. :(

Sides go is so big no they lose touch with customer service. I remember dealing with a rep. Then before you know it that rep was gone replaced by another within months. Almost like they can’t keep sales staff neither

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well there is a difference and you are twisting my thoughts a little bit here but I understand where you are coming from.

Here (And it is not really an opinion.) we are talking about two product where the cheaper one is very close to the original sculpting wise (probably the best in the market right now by far.)...and miles above the maquette. They are sadly not in the same league. Also paint wise there is also no comparison if we are talking about the custom paint...and we are paying 1300 for the SS statue here. And do not start talking about the quality control issues here. While Neca has it's fair share of problems...again we are talking about premium prices here. By the way I wanted a new 1/4 statue from SS and also I wanted to buy it but I wont.

And to me the material's quality is important but the look comes first since I wont touch my stuff night and day. And I am sure both of them will last a very very long time anyway.

There is no difference because they are still an "opinion" and I respect that. But here's one very similar to mine:

JAWS said:
But even when 400.00 is spent on customizations. It still looks like a plastic toy to my eyes.. It just can't help it.. You could spend more money and someone could take it apart and remold it to be in a more natural pose.. Then it would be something I would want on display with the rest of my collection. But even then the 18" scale was not true 1/4 scale...

The thing is, I think action figures are... well, action figures. Like what I used to play with in my old sandbox decades ago. They don't give "expressions" like real sculptures no matter how good they were sculpted. Same goes for Hot Toys. They may look good when photo'd but in person, they just look like... toys. Unlike when you look at real statues.
I also have custom NECA P1 but now it's nothing among statues in my collection. It's good for screen accuracies but for anything else, it just doesn't add up at all.

BTW the first pic almost look real if not for that hideous neck joint.

PS: SS customer service, in this case, is beyond terrible. At least they should offer credits/ returns, not just "just put tape over the wound" response.

Chase that up the chain to the CS and/or returns manager - this is a FAULTY item and you have the option of returning it same as ANY faulty item.

I agree but they don't care spike, I tried and tried with not only that one issue I had, the thing is they will lie and not help because in their eyes the customer is not right! I feel it is a losing battle but I would try and I hope brutial does and gets some where and lets us all know!

Hey guys, I did a quick video rant about the way SS handled this issue, and also to show how bad the issue is. I understand there are others that are okay with this, but I am not.

Ian- Please post this on Statue Forum

Great video to highlight the issue. For the record, I absolutely don't think it's acceptable to be asked to stick your $1250 statue together with museum putty. I watched another video review by Carlito and his heads fit MUCH better than yours, which means that yours is in fact defective (if we didn't know that already). I think everyone who has this issue should put in a complaint because the more people who just stick it together with museum putty it just encourages Sideshow to carry on putting out products like this. The Wolf LSB was my only Sideshow order which I managed to cancel before it shipped. I'm currently in a wait and see mode when it comes to anything Sideshow. I think Thanos shows they can still put out great products when they want to, but a lot of the time it feels like they are striving for mediocrity.

I am active on many groups on FB and so far, I have yet to see someone in the groups with the same extreme problem with the heads. They have a little play on the heads but not to the point where a simple nodge can tip the head off and the magnets are strong enough to hold them in place.

My heads will stay on but those magnets are not the reason and honestly I can't feel there is one in it.

The hands have them for sure but the heads either got left out or are in backwards. I mean if they are backwards won't they just cancel out.

Great video to highlight the issue. For the record, I absolutely don't think it's acceptable to be asked to stick your $1250 statue together with museum putty. I watched another video review by Carlito and his heads fit MUCH better than yours, which means that yours is in fact defective (if we didn't know that already). I think everyone who has this issue should put in a complaint because the more people who just stick it together with museum putty it just encourages Sideshow to carry on putting out products like this. The Wolf LSB was my only Sideshow order which I managed to cancel before it shipped. I'm currently in a wait and see mode when it comes to anything Sideshow. I think Thanos shows they can still put out great products when they want to, but a lot of the time it feels like they are striving for mediocrity.

I saw a post on face book some one irritate in shipping Thanos broke and it was hollow, so the statue is not solid I had a long talk with him and he is ready to give up on ss now. That is another thing ss covered up on customers. But looks good I agree but I saw that and just thought damn their they go again. I just do not get it at all is it that hard to make your statues like they once were half the price and double the quality. How did it go so far in reverse these days.

Nobody makes full solid polystone statues. Do you have any idea how much a solid polystone Thanos would weigh? Nobody would be able to display it as it would be too heavy, the shipping charges would be high and probably half of them would get broken during shipping.

Even Prime 1's 1:2 scale statues are hollow and they cost $2000. I don't know why anyone would expect or even want their statues to be totally solid. All it does is increass the likelihood of the statue breaking during shipping and makes it difficult to display due to the extra weight.

Nobody makes full solid polystone statues. Do you have any idea how much a solid polystone Thanos would weigh? Nobody would be able to display it as it would be too heavy, the shipping charges would be high and probably half of them would get broken during shipping.

Even Prime 1's 1:2 scale statues are hollow and they cost $2000. I don't know why anyone would expect or even want their statues to be totally solid. All it does is increass the likelihood of the statue breaking during shipping and makes it difficult to display due to the extra weight.

I am just relaying what the guy said on face book. I have prime one joker and it is not hallow so maybe some other are but not sure where you got that info from. For one I disagree, I have many solid pieces from different companies. The prime one I have is two boxes too to lighten shipping but I assure you that piece is not hallow! Anyways, Idk about Thanos, he posted a pick and was very upset and ranted on about it. I don't like comic book stuff really like marvel only one I like is Heath Joker only comic one I have. It is in pieces, plus I can name a bunch of solid statues I have general grevious ss pf iron studios vader, old ss predator maquette hcg legendary terminator, jason vs freddy jason pf, ss pf endo old one. Then the hcg legendary power loader which by the way weighs a ton and is very well done!!! I got for a steal on their Christmas deals. Anyways. The only leg one that was part plastic I have I notice is darth maul legendary head, but the body is not! So, it can be done. Especially, when they come in pieces due to magnets or pegs. But I don't know much about Thanos I know that is a big piece but not all people like hallow pieces that was my point. But I do agree on the aspect of some pieces needing to be hallow but I would not buy it or I would buy for a great deal. Just depends on the look too. Peace!

Heavy statues are usually skinnier stuff. Too heavy and it causes major issues. Statues though should have a decent weight for feel of quality. Materials and paint app is more important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am just relaying what the guy said on face book. I have prime one joker and it is not hallow so maybe some other are but not sure where you got that info from. For one I disagree, I have many solid pieces from different companies. The prime one I have is two boxes too to lighten shipping but I assure you that piece is not hallow! Anyways, Idk about Thanos, he posted a pick and was very upset and ranted on about it. I don't like comic book stuff really like marvel only one I like is Heath Joker only comic one I have. It is in pieces, plus I can name a bunch of solid statues I have general grevious ss pf iron studios vader, old ss predator maquette hcg legendary terminator, jason vs freddy jason pf, ss pf endo old one. Then the hcg legendary power loader which by the way weighs a ton and is very well done!!! I got for a steal on their Christmas deals. Anyways. The only leg one that was part plastic I have I notice is darth maul legendary head, but the body is not! So, it can be done. Especially, when they come in pieces due to magnets or pegs. But I don't know much about Thanos I know that is a big piece but not all people like hallow pieces that was my point. But I do agree on the aspect of some pieces needing to be hallow but I would not buy it or I would buy for a great deal. Just depends on the look too. Peace!

Please write in paragraphs bro, your posts are hard to read.

Anyway, question for you. How do you know any of these pieces you mention are not hollow? Have you cracked them open to check?

I have seen a picture of a destroyed Prime 1 1:2 scale Superman and it was completely hollow, so I'm willing to bet the others are hollow too, as I don't see why they'd make Superman hollow yet make The Joker solid.

Unless you have seen these pieces smashes up to confirm they are solid, then its hard to make that claim. I know back in the day there may have been some solid pieces especially in smaller scales, but that rarely happens now, especially with big pieces. The risk of breakage is too high.

Personally, I am not fussed by this, as long as the statue has a decent weight to it, looks good and isn't paper thin. I just never understood this obsession with wanting super heavy statues.

Regarding the whole loose head issue with the Jungle Hunter Predator maquette, what collectors need to realize, is that if sideshow made the neck area narrower for a tighter fit, the heads could have either become stuck in the neck area permanently, or the key that connects to the head could have broken off, and sideshow confirmed that they intentionally designed it so the heads could be removed easily.Also, from what I've seen in the youtube videos posted, the only reason why the heads fall out, is because if you tap the lower chin area on the heads, they will tend to fall out of the neck area, due to the neck area leaning forward slightly.I imagine if the neck area was in a more vertical position, the heads would still be a bit loose, but wouldn't fall out.

I'm telling you man , I own this statue and I'm telling u its a solid piece , this is the only piece sideshow have ever done as 1 solid piece
and how do I know this , cause a friend of mind also own this but has 2 broken finger n he had to use a sledge hammer n not a hammer and it was a solid piece
but if u don't believe then don't believe me , but why would I lie for what reason ?

My post wasn't directed at you though, it was directed at matturibe1, hence why I quoted his post...

Back