NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a decent Ex, a decent statue :lecture

Ah, sorry mate I misread your post. Anyway, whether it's decent or not is subject to opinion so I won't get into that one. I still think they'd struggle to sell them personally.

Either way, it doesn't matter now. I just hope the production piece is nice as far as quality goes.

Kylo Ren A+
Voltron A+

While not in hand yet the First Order Storm Trooper looks fantastic in any video or pix I've seen.

I'll see how my Han Solo in carbonate looks but the inhand pix on here look amazing but not a statue.

Everyone of my Dinosauria pieces are amazing.

All my 3 Halo statues are perfectly made. Old but still.

I guess this is about new ones though.

I have a few that some have issues with the sculpts but overall they are good to me.

I'm far from a sideshow defender but they have their share of good pieces and the Carnage is what I'm waiting to see. I get a lot like other poses but this is the one I like the most.

We talking just Predator statues?? If not... Arkham Asylum Joker Ex is great.. Ex or Fail on that one for sure.

Not familiar with that one to be honest. I'm sure they probably make a few that are nice, but the last few that I saw or bought myself were underwhelming. Nice statues, but the ex was a let down.

Kylo Ren A+
Voltron A+

While not in hand yet the First Order Storm Trooper looks fantastic in any video or pix I've seen.

I'll see how my Han Solo in carbonate looks but the inhand pix on here look amazing but not a statue.

Everyone of my Dinosauria pieces are amazing.

All my 3 Halo statues are perfectly made. Old but still.

I guess this is about new ones though.

I have a few that some have issues with the sculpts but overall they are good to me.

I'm far from a sideshow defender but they have their share of good pieces and the Carnage is what I'm waiting to see. I get a lot like other poses but this is the one I like the most.

I don't think anyone is disputing the Sideshow puts out some good pieces. But they are definitely inconsistent. Certain lines are much more consistent than others. For example, the DC, Star Wars, and and Dinosauria lines have been overall very consistent. Whereas the whole Alien/Predator line after the old 1/4 maquettes has been mostly disappointing and poor quality. I had a great run with SS when I started collecting, and every piece I got from them looked great. Then after a year or so the problems started. Sloppy paint everywhere, statues not fitting into the base, arms falling off due to crappy magnets, screw ups like the OG Red Sonja skin tone etc. I had 6 problem pieces in a row, and all they offered me for 5 of them was a $20 credit. After that I've been wary of ordering from SS. Then just when I think they've turned things around this Wolf bust happens.

I also just saw the first in-hand Carnage posted on Facebook, and it has rusty peg, doesn't fit in the base, and the paint on the teeth looks busted. The guy says it's otherwise nice and is hoping for a replacement. We'll see what SS says. Hopefully the rest of the run is better.

22405564_1716448695045400_5831820866248174474_n.jpg

22528303_1716448761712060_8323941606992506868_n.jpg

22489834_1716448758378727_7869730746585880082_n.jpg

Rust? Seriously Sideshow?

Response:

"We are sorry that you are unhappy with your collectible. Upon checking all of the remaining pieces we have in our stock, it appears all have the same rusted peg, therefor we do not see anything wrong with this piece. However, we here at Sideshow Collectibles are more than happy to give you $10 back if you decide to keep it."

Rust? Seriously Sideshow?

Response:

"We are sorry that you are unhappy with your collectible. Upon checking all of the remaining pieces we have in our stock, it appears all have the same rusted peg, therefor we do not see anything wrong with this piece. However, we here at Sideshow Collectibles are more than happy to give you $10 back if you decide to keep it."

:lol

(* but sadly - that sounds dead right!
icon_rolleyes.gif
*)​

I've always had my parts replaced which I'll list the most recent but I was not defending them like they are fantastic, trust me I know they are not.

Entire Jango Fett PF
Jango Fett PF Helmet
Jango Fett Left hand and pistol I broke
Voltron Wing blotch on paint

That's so hilarious on the rusty peg joke. I am actually surprised with that and at first I consider maybe it was to keep with the base but that's pretty bad. Replacing the whole statue over a rusty peg while warranted seems a bit much to expect. The head sculpt issue they will replace I'm sure as soon as they get the extra head in.

Just my thoughts on it. I've really only had one problem they tried to blow off and that was the HT Space Trooper that had black smudges on the white armor and I got the bs excuse.

I am in 2 minds either to wait until prime 1 release their predator 1 piece, or get the P1 Maquette, depends on the sheer size of the P1 base

Depends if you wanna wait or not. Prime's won't be coming out for a long time. They have a P2 and Wolf in the works and haven't even shown those yet, apart from a teaser. It'll be a long time before we get a P1.

If you like the Maquette just get it, but I would advise waiting until release before you order, in case it's another Wolf bust situation.

Depends if you wanna wait or not. Prime's won't be coming out for a long time. They have a P2 and Wolf in the works and haven't even shown those yet, apart from a teaser. It'll be a long time before we get a P1.

If you like the Maquette just get it, but I would advise waiting until release before you order, in case it's another Wolf bust situation.

I don't mind waiting, I am waiting see everyone else's pieces, the base is allot easier to display but I don't want a repeat of the P2 Maquette. Yeah true there I might end up getting the Maquette just because its allot easier to display

Back