NEW PREDATOR 1 MAQUETTE by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
was just curious other than the obvious issues is it worth trying to replace for a better one or just return all together? Still trying to get a feel of what it looks like in person, hoping my lcs brings one in so I can see it up close

The mistakes i can fix those, but just 100usd back as a 3rd option feels a bit low.

For anyone that's been burned on this one and is willing to invest the extra money for a SWS version there's one for sale in the commerce section right now. Near mint ex with both boxes and a price drop already. You'd be hard pressed to find a better bargain on another one like that.

I just unboxed mine and have been staring at it for an hour lol. I'm honestly blown away by it. This was my most anticipated piece in a long time and I'm happy to finally have it in the collection.

Inaccuracies aside, I think the quality of this piece is fantastic. I think the sculpt is great, the paintjob is great, the details are fantastic and the overall presence is awesome. I know some people may not agree with me, but I've seen the original SWS maquette in person and as far as quality goes, I think this is fairly close IMO.

Both heads fit fine on mine. The unmasked one does go on and off a little easier, but its not totally loose or anything, it just disconnects from the body a little easier than the masked head.

Suprisingly, I actually prefer the unmasked sculpt. It looks way better in person than photos suggest, and IMO, its fairly close to what is seen on film. I think had they separated the lower mandibles it would be close to perfect.

Scale wise in comparison to Dutch, its fine IMO. They look in scale to me and look great together. I think what throws it off is Dutch's crouched stance. If he was standing upright the size difference would be less noticeable.

Only issue on mine is a paint chip on my cannon, which I'm going to email Sideshow about.

All in all, I'm very happy with this piece, and as a companion piece to Dutch (which is what I wanted it for), he fits really well. Sure its not perfect, they could've done a bit better as far as accuracy is concerned, but as far as quality of the sculpt and paint, they did a great job IMO.

I've attached some quick photos with Dutch from my phone before I go bed. Will take some proper photos with my camera maybe tomorrow or later in the week.

20180227_012303.jpg

20180227_012452.jpg

20180227_002849.jpg

Looks great man! Good to see you finally got yours and with no major issues. Those pics are at the perfect viewing angles too.

Congrats xplosive!I'm glad that yours had no major issues and just makes me more at ease to order one.im probably going to order him and take that chance.

I just unboxed mine and have been staring at it for an hour lol. I'm honestly blown away by it. This was my most anticipated piece in a long time and I'm happy to finally have it in the collection.

Inaccuracies aside, I think the quality of this piece is fantastic. I think the sculpt is great, the paintjob is great, the details are fantastic and the overall presence is awesome. I know some people may not agree with me, but I've seen the original SWS maquette in person and as far as quality goes, I think this is fairly close IMO.

Both heads fit fine on mine. The unmasked one does go on and off a little easier, but its not totally loose or anything, it just disconnects from the body a little easier than the masked head.

Suprisingly, I actually prefer the unmasked sculpt. It looks way better in person than photos suggest, and IMO, its fairly close to what is seen on film. I think had they separated the lower mandibles it would be close to perfect.

Scale wise in comparison to Dutch, its fine IMO. They look in scale to me and look great together. I think what throws it off is Dutch's crouched stance. If he was standing upright the size difference would be less noticeable.

Only issue on mine is a paint chip on my cannon, which I'm going to email Sideshow about.

All in all, I'm very happy with this piece, and as a companion piece to Dutch (which is what I wanted it for), he fits really well. Sure its not perfect, they could've done a bit better as far as accuracy is concerned, but as far as quality of the sculpt and paint, they did a great job IMO.

I've attached some quick photos with Dutch from my phone before I go bed. Will take some proper photos with my camera maybe tomorrow or later in the week.

View attachment 395893

View attachment 395894

View attachment 395895

Great set up my friend! Glad to know you are happy and got a good one. Agree with you 100% about the unmasked head.

View attachment 395893

View attachment 395894

View attachment 395895
Wow!! Awesome display. Love that poster. Where did you get that? Never seen it before

Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk

Great set up my friend! Glad to know you are happy and got a good one. Agree with you 100% about the unmasked head.

Thanks Jaws, looking forward to setting them up properly in my theatre room once it's complete. Had another look over it this morning and did notice some minor paint issues, but nothing that really bothers me. It's still an awesome piece :)

Wow!! Awesome display. Love that poster. Where did you get that? Never seen it before

Sendt fra min SM-G925F med Tapatalk

Thanks man, it's actually a private commission from artist Kilian Eng. There was a regular 'green' one with the Predator in the trees, this one is the thermal variant. There's a bit of glare in the pic as it's covered in plastic until I can hang the frame.

FYI for anyone having head magnet issues. Not that we should have to do this but I got 18mm x 3mm magnets at my local hardware store and it works very well.

This is not the brand I got (Magnet Source) but here is a link to the same size magnets.

https://www.amazon.com/DURATOOL-D01...1519676135&sr=8-3&keywords=magnet++18mm+x+3mm

I can't speak for the above brand but the one I got is very strong.

Good post, I was actually looking at some neodymium magnets last night on eBay to increase the contact strength of my unmasked head, just as a precaution. I was wondering if anyone here had used any with some success. I think I'm gonna get some 1mm ones so that I don't add too much thickness to the key.

xpl0sive_-_in-hand_pics.jpg

I just unboxed mine and have been staring at it for an hour lol. I'm honestly blown away by it. This was my most anticipated piece in a long time and I'm happy to finally have it in the collection . . .

. . . All in all, I'm very happy with this piece, and as a companion piece to Dutch (which is what I wanted it for), he fits really well. Sure its not perfect, they could've done a bit better as far as accuracy is concerned, but as far as quality of the sculpt and paint, they did a great job IMO . . .

Awesome! - as with JAWS' photos - they look REALLY nice together
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif
- maybe I should have taken that 10% discount offer after all :lol

. . . it's actually a private commission from artist Kilian Eng. There was a regular 'green' one with the Predator in the trees, this one is the thermal variant . . .

The Pred is there in the thermal version too - very faint - but he's there.

xpl0sive_-_in-hand_pics.jpg

eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif

The Set up looks amazing !

Got mine today, i will post few pics later tonight..

pred is looking great.. worth the wait

eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif
eusa_clap.gif

Thanks Spike! They really do compliment each other well, which I'm very happy about. I was worried that the scaling might be off, but I think in person it looks fine. The Pred really is a piece that needs to be seen in person to be appreciated IMO.

You sure the Pred is in the thermal variant? I just had another look and couldn't see him anywhere.

The Set up looks amazing !

Got mine today, i will post few pics later tonight..

pred is looking great.. worth the wait

Thanks man, hope you got a good one :) enjoy dude.

Back