New Freddy/Nightmare on Elm Street flick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesa

Super Freak
Reaction score
https://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080130/film_nm/nightmare_dc;_ylt=AlFsSnejObMmEU2PORbuShQDW7oF

New Line is in talks with horror production company Platinum Dunes to re-launch the "Nightmare on Elm Street" movie series, the franchise that helped establish the studio.

A screenwriter will be hired once the Writers Guild of America strike ends. The producers -- Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form -- are hoping to focus part of the new movie on Krueger's backstory.

This news
+ Friday 13th remake news
+ Playmates getting Star Trek license
+ Dave adding a Tonner section
------------------------------------
Worst week ever!!!

This news
+ Friday 13th remake news
+ Playmates getting Star Trek license
+ Dave adding a Tonner section
------------------------------------
Worst week ever!!!

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA! Dave added a Tonner section?? :monkey1

I think he's just messing with some folks.

(At least, I hope so. :monkey3 )

I'll leave this board if there's a Tonner section. I get enough **** as it is but those things are a f'n disgrace to real collectibles.

Hopefully I can pre-emptively ruin Dave's no-doubt planned April Fool's Day joke which would have been changing the boards to "Tonner Freaks" for a day.

You can't do it now, Dave! I'm on to you! :monkey3

I wonder if Robert Englund will return or if they will recast Freddy? If they recast him, it can make or break the reboot.

I heard this news also about the remake. I really wish they had left this movie alone. Maybe I'm being biased being a huge Nightmare fan but there is no way that they can find a cast that could equal the original, and there is no one and I mean NO one that can play Freddy as well as Robert Englund.

do you have a reliable internet source to back it up USMC?

If it is true, i doubt this movie will be as good.

Boycott the film!!!

No Englund, no movie!!!

Unlike Jason, Michael and Leatherface, you can't have anyone else playing Freddy...at least, not the iconic Freddy...

Young Freddy is fine...but he's not the BEST one...

I have nothing but contempt for the mere idea of re-making this absolutely awesome, still spooky today, movie.

People should be flogged for this...

Well, I liked the TCM remake (no so much The Beginning) and liked parts of the Halloween remake. But, there is no way in Hell I will go see a NoES without Robert Englund. It's a stupid idea and I wouldn't be shocked if it went straight to video. Real Freddy or nothing ...

https://www.aintitcool.com/node/35496

thats a sign of suck in my opinion , I don't like the idea of it.
They should leave the classics alone , were gonna see some crazy stuff in the next few years guys ... be prepared.

Back