New female Pro body = Marion?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyIScrape

Sideshow Archaeologist
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I figured with the new information in the G.I.JOE Ask Sideshow session about the soon-to-be finalized female base body, we might start talking again about the possibility for a Marion figure. While we all know the Indy line has been put on "pause" pending research (and hopefully not a hidden and slow death), maybe this thread will let Sideshow know about our renewed interest. Gotta use that body for as many females figures as possible to make it worthwhile, right?

Doubt it. I think Hot Toys Temple of Doom figures are the most likely thing to happen at this point.

I think Hot Toys Temple of Doom figures are the most likely thing to happen at this point.

That.... would.... be.... awesome.... although I'd bust my hobby funds buying up at least a half dozen nude Indys to build customs :)

I think they even said no to Marion at one point, am i right?

Yeah, something along the lines of, and I'm paraphrasing 'No Marion for you Indy fans. For that would put you dangerously close to having all the key characters in one of the four movies... and we just can't have that now, can we?'

Or something like that....

Well as hot as Blanchett is, I couldn't disagree more (no offense). Marion is the quintessential Indy girl, the one he goes back for.
A Karen Allen figure would be awesome, and of could should come with monkey and frying pan extras and plenty of adorable freckles. BUT as that is not going to happen, it'll be nice at least to have a realistically proportioned body for our customs. longer female hair is the real issue here, though I have to say those new Twiggy figures handled that brilliantly, so it can be done well.

I really wanted her but after that Q&A I lost interest in the line and decided that we should have the PF not the 1:6 figs.

I'd like Marion and Spalko figures, but I'd have to choose Marion 1st.

Sadly, I think we're done with IJ figures indefinatly. Some good petitions might help.

I think they even said no to Marion at one point, am i right?

There was this:
Q:Indiana Jones fans are concerned, despite the last edition of ‘Ask Sideshow’, that the Indy line is dying out rather than picking up. To help put some of these fears to rest, can we be given a rare glimpse into the reasoning behind how certain figures are produced and why in that particular order? I personally cannot wait to pick up the Indiana Jones in German Disguise, but some fans think it’s an odd 4th release since we haven’t seen Marion, Sallah, or Marcus yet, resulting in many people believing we’ll never see them!

A: Indiana in German Disguise was chosen for a few reasons:
1) The first Indiana Jones figure was very, very popular.
2) The figure design is relatively simple, allowing us to produce the figure more quickly than some others in the planning stages.
3) It combines two great tastes - Indiana Jones and real-world military, definitely a project that our design and development teams enjoyed.

We would love for the line to continue on for a long, long time. Marion, Sallah and Marcus are on our wish list of characters for 1:6 scale figures, but fall behind others in terms of popularity and for what we believe will translate best into 1:6 scale form.

Then there was this:
Q: I love the Indiana Jones line. Are there any plans to make a Marion Ravenwood or Sallah 1/6 figure to go with the Raiders Indy?

A: At this time, neither Marion nor Sallah are currently in development, but they are high on the list of candidates. We’ll have to see how 2010 treats Indy and his friends in 12-inch - we hope that there’s enough support to keep the line rolling, but we do see the fan base shrinking back a bit post the event of KOTCS.

Textbook Sideshow blaming us for being unhappy with subpar releases and shoddy QC. This pretty much seems to be an empty threat ala LOTR (they said the same thing when Gandalf, Bilbo and Sam were rotting on their website) meaning, "buy out the entire unsellable backstock of Indy figures and keep all your KOTCS Indy orders you desperate fools, with false hopes that we'll consider rebooting the line with figures we've already labeled unsellable!"

Back