New diorama poll is up

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L3.jpg

I'd love to see a ML vs Eowyn but I just can't see SS topping this 1/6 scale masterpiece! :monkey5 I voted gandalf/balrog. My second choice would be the treebeard dio.

Is that some sort of customized Morgul lord/Eowyn piece because both of them have slight variations to the SS weta ones :confused:

ID, back when these here forums were dominated by Weta talk, that there diorama was someone's attempt at pairing up both 1/6 sculpts.

As much as I'd like to see GTG vs Balrog, I already have the plaque (which is awesome, btw).

I voted for Sam/Frodo up Mt Doom, because that's one no one has done yet.

I am quite perplexed why they didn't offer the Fellowship 9 cresting the hill . . . That would have been a slam dunk!

i voted frodo and sam since this was one of my favorite parts of the book and movies. altough an eowyn vs morgul lord would be sweet as well. dont own anything from this line yet. just waiting for the perfect piece. too many gandalfs have been released lately so i hope it isnt the GTG vs Balrog. though that would still kickass. there wasnt a "fellowship cresting the mountain" mentioned. id buy that for sure.

I have a feeling that it could be Eowyn :eowyn vs The Morgul Lord :nazgul, though I would love too see GTG Vs Balrog. However I have doubts it will be produced because there are many Balrogs :balrog already and there are a number of Gandalfs :gandalf_w out there on the market :monkey2

Though I think it would be a waste making Tom Bombadil as he was not in the film and I would not like too see Sam dancing with Rosie because well I'm just not keen on the idea of having a very minor character as a piece :monkey4

I think Treebeard with Merry and Pippin would be freakin sweet to have :monkey5

Would have voted for Gandy and the rog but that's going to win anyway, so I voted for Bombadil. It'd be great to have him BECAUSE he wasn't in the film. Having him next to all the other stuff would make it feel like he WAS really there! Just as long as he looks better than the GG bust!
I'd love to see them ALL though - apart from Sam dancing with Rosie.

I voted for Gandalf vs. the Balrog

I voted this too.. all though... Sam dancing with Rosie might be awesome if the hobbits had beer!!

The fight in Balin's tomb would've been pretty cool too... with Gimli Standing on the Coffin!!! :rock

Is that some sort of customized Morgul lord/Eowyn piece because both of them have slight variations to the SS weta ones :confused:

Yes, this is a custom job done by a pro. model builder who used the Weta ML and Eowyn statues and customized them. He then repainted them to true professional standards and added a custom base that even includes some severed fingers...a really outstanding job!

Last edited:
I voted for Balrog Vs Gandalf. Why? Who cares, but I'm gonna explain anyway :D

Eowyn Vs. Morgul Lord. Nice dio but I already have both statues and they fit perfectly together to replicate that scene, so why a (smaller) diorama? Only because of some more surroundings? :confused:

Treebeard with Merry and Pippin. Nice idea, but with the scale it would either be only part of Treebeard, or some VERY tiny hobbits. That wouldn't work either way.

Elrond and the Council. Good second for me, but with so many figures, either the figures would be tiny or the piece would be HUGE.

Frodo/Sam on Mount Doom. After a very disappointing diorama with Frodo and Gollum (I mean come on, what kind of environment is that? A piece of rock? :confused:), this one would have to include a significant amount of surroundings to work for me.

Tom Bombadil singing. Tom who? Yes, yes... I know... he played a significant part in the book. But come on... We all know what GG did... easy pass for me.

Sam dancing with Rosie Cotton. Cute idea, but no thanks.

Therefor, Gandalf Vs Balrog was a very nice winner. If done right, it would be an amazing piece. Although, as some have mentioned: the size difference between Gandalf and the Balrog might be a possible problem.

I voted for the Council, I was going to vote 'Frodo and Sam at Mount Doom' but it does not specify the scene.It could be them in Orc Gear or the end where they both laid out on a rock, it does not specify that the Dio may be 'Sam carrying Frodo' which I think a lot of us would buy in a heartbeat.

So I would rather go with what I know-The Council(even if it came in a couple of sections) rather than assume they would make the Sam carrying Frodo Dio we would want on Mt Doom.
x

Should be no surprise that I voted for Gandalf vs Balrog, since this is the diorama that I've been hoping for since the line was announced. I'll take any Balrog and Fell Beast that I can get my hands on.:lol

instead of sam dancing with rosie why dont the make a diorama of merry and pippen dancing on the table of the green dragon. with beer of course. cuz you'll never find a brew so brown as the one they drink in their hometown.

Last edited:
I voted for Balrog Vs Gandalf. Why? Who cares, but I'm gonna explain anyway :D

Eowyn Vs. Morgul Lord. Nice dio but I already have both statues and they fit perfectly together to replicate that scene, so why a (smaller) diorama? Only because of some more surroundings? :confused:

Treebeard with Merry and Pippin. Nice idea, but with the scale it would either be only part of Treebeard, or some VERY tiny hobbits. That wouldn't work either way.

Elrond and the Council. Good second for me, but with so many figures, either the figures would be tiny or the piece would be HUGE.

Frodo/Sam on Mount Doom. After a very disappointing diorama with Frodo and Gollum (I mean come on, what kind of environment is that? A piece of rock? :confused:), this one would have to include a significant amount of surroundings to work for me.

Tom Bombadil singing. Tom who? Yes, yes... I know... he played a significant part in the book. But come on... We all know what GG did... easy pass for me.

Sam dancing with Rosie Cotton. Cute idea, but no thanks.

Therefor, Gandalf Vs Balrog was a very nice winner. If done right, it would be an amazing piece. Although, as some have mentioned: the size difference between Gandalf and the Balrog might be a possible problem.
I agree completely with your comments :rolleyes:

The Balrog's going to win, and while it's a cool concept, there are just too many versions of the Balrog out on the market right now for me to justify purchasing that. The Morgul Lord I'd get regardless, but at least if they make the Balrog next it'll save me money. :D

Whats next from SS, an ES of 5 for the upcoming Gandalf vs Balrog Dio in Faux Platinum and you need to contact a Medium to find out when its getting put up for order because it will be completely random and will mean sitting for 72 hrs at the computer refreshing till your ++++ing finger falls off!!!

This was my quote from the Black Gate Dio thread earlier and I still hold to it cos I voted for GTG vs Roggie!! :rotfl

Fingers on your buzzers now folks , at the ready..........:lol

Back