1/6 New 1/6 ANH Han Solo?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love it if SSC reached the same levels as HT, insofar as their paint apps are concerned; so far, they are not close yet. I'd love for that to change, but in order for that to happen, something is gonna need to change within SSC it seems.

I would love it if SSC reached the same levels as HT, insofar as their paint apps are concerned; so far, they are not close yet. I'd love for that to change, but in order for that to happen, something is gonna need to change within SSC it seems.

I think it just has to do with the factory they're employing. It could be an SSC quality control or design issue, but I'd think/hope they want the best possible end result. Not every Hot Toys product is a home run and some have relatively simply paint application - everyone knows too that HT regularly misses the mark on sculpt. IMO, SSC has advanced more than HT in the past 2 years, so I wouldn't expect disparity in quality for very long - at least if quality is SSC's goal of course.

None are 100%, but some are close.

Yup, some are very close. It's the ones that aren't close like Wolverine (multiple of them), General Zod, Alice, etc. And sometimes this isn't because they don't have the talent to make them better - the prototype for Alice, of which photos appear in the instructions, looked exactly like the actress - so close it was scary how real it looked.

Which Star Wars toys are these?

This I've never heard before. Any references for it? It doesn't make any sense however, seeing as being third man down on a sub-license is still third man down regardless of who has the original sub-license. I just don't think they'd try to hitch their wagon to anyone else besides Sideshow, who are the biggest player in this hobby worldwide.

At the end of the day however, it's only facts that are important. And those are that Hasbro has exclusive worldwide rights to the franchise and Hot Toys hasn't shown or done anything to demonstrate they are actively working on anything SW related.

While I love Hot Toys, I think the whole conversation is going to change dramatically by the end of the year after Sideshow releases their Hoth figures.

I would suggest learning to google since you obviously don't know anything about Hot Toys or Takara. Ironically, you then state only the facts matter. :lol

I don't know how far back you can look on someones facebook page, but you could gather all this info just from their facebook page, not that it hasn't been covered in depth and beat to death repeatedly on multiple fan sites.

Last edited:
Yes, Facebook is obviously the source of official information. Oh boy.

Facts in this case are things that you can verify in a corporate press release, financial statements including filings with the SEC and year-end statements, etc. Those things are all available for the facts I was talking about. The other fact I mentioned is the lack of any product or signs of product development from HT on the SW line. Find me something. Anything, besides the already released DX07. Someone from Hot Toys saying "oh, yeah, we'd really like to, we're thinking about it" might as well be someone talking about unicorn tears coming to your neighborhood Pepsi fountain machine.

But it's all besides the point. Some people like to argue that something that doesn't exist must be better than something that already does. I suppose there's no arguing with that kind of person.

Yes, Facebook is obviously the source of official information. Oh boy.

Facts in this case are things that you can verify in a corporate press release, financial statements including filings with the SEC and year-end statements, etc. Those things are all available for the facts I was talking about. The other fact I mentioned is the lack of any product or signs of product development from HT on the SW line. Find me something. Anything, besides the already released DX07. Someone from Hot Toys saying "oh, yeah, we'd really like to, we're thinking about it" might as well be someone talking about unicorn tears coming to your neighborhood Pepsi fountain machine.
But it's all besides the point. Some people like to argue that something that doesn't exist must be better than something that already does. I suppose there's no arguing with that kind of person.

Its the head of the company posting it on their official facebook. We were talking about why people think they would go after Medi's license and its because he posted saying he wants that Star Wars license when Medis is up, sorry if thats too hard for you to understand. Financial statements etc. have nothing to do with the context of conversation. You can talk about unicorns etc... to deflect your ignorance, but in the end, the reason people think that Hot Toys is stalling on the SW line for SSC is because they have publicly stated they will pursue their own license. You saying there is no proof of anything in the pipe is nothing but reinforcing them dragging their feet, I don't think you have to be a debate team captain to understand that. :lol

Please look at my original post, its like you're replying to something else besides me telling you where the info comes from, sorry if you're confused, its a pretty simple straightforward statement.

Howard, the person at Hot Toys you're no doubt talking about, sounds off a few times a year about Star Wars. What I'm saying is that he's blowing smoke up your a55. On Facebook or wherever he may be posting or interviewing. He can say anything he wants because his company isn't liable for it. I'm just puzzle why people care? Don't open your mouth until you can back it up is a good motto, and what that guy has been saying doesn't make any business sense, plus it will just piss off customers in the end.

So, everyone knows (right?) that the worldwide exclusive license holder for absolutely all Star Wars toys (entertainment category) is Hasbro. If Hot Toys wants to do anything with Star Wars, they need to go through Hasbro. And since they're already tight with Sideshow and produce other Hasbro properties like GI Joe (owned by Hasbro) and Marvel (again, worldwide exclusivity like SW), it would stand to reason that they'd know where to go - as they've already been doing it. Now, as Sideshow isn't publicly traded, what no one knows for sure is what kind of deal they have with Hasbro - if it's an exclusive for scale collectibles, it's likely they'll have to sign off on anything Hot Toys does - just like they have in the past. Seeing as most Hot Toys products find their way into consumers hands via Sideshow, I'm not sure why people would speculate that Hot Toys is trying to circumvent them.

I guess I'll try to follow your way off track discussion here.

You see no advantage to Howard Chan and his company pursuing the Asian market Star Wars license so they can produce the figures of their choice from the Star Wars line. In your opinion it would be a bad decision for them to cut a deal with Hasbro/Takara directly, you think they'd be better off producing what Sideshow tells them? ...and again, Hot toys has held a Star Wars license for years, its not like these companies are strangers to one another.

I'm sure you probably have more business sense than the guy running Hot toys after all.

959866d0eb7e24a5820ef23fd4bc23fb.gif

PP - I'm not sure if you now know this or otherwise, but HT were making those smaller scale vinyl type caricature SW figurine things years ago.

That's partially what Niltusk was referring to.. unless I'm mistaken.

Last edited:
Blowing smoke and talking about unreleased/unannounced products and unsigned deals doesn't make good business sense.

"Don't open your mouth until you can back it up is a good motto, and what that guy has been saying doesn't make any business sense, plus it will just piss off customers in the end." This is exactly what I said. Not at all what you're trying to say I said.

I guess I'll try to follow your way off track discussion here.

I'm done with this in this thread. If you can't follow simple sentence structure and have to twist what I'm saying into something completely different, there's really no point.

PP - I'm not sure if you now know this or otherwise, but HT were making those smaller scale vinyl type caricature SW figurine things years ago.

I know about a number of those products, but I've never seen the Hot Toys brand associated with them. But I wasn't making any kind of argument that Hot Toys wasn't already involved with Hasbro, I actually said the opposite, that along with Sideshow, they are definitely already close with Hasbro. And Hasbro is where the buck stops for SW toys which everyone already knows.

Does anyone know if the medicom han clothes will fit on a hot toys body? Like the Eizo for example? Or are they too small?

Back