Negative Reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ComedicHistorian

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is answered elsewhere in the forum, as I am a new member, but...does Sideshow avoid posting critical reviews? I've noticed that (some) items that people took issue with (i.e. a few of the predator bios) only have one or two positive reviews and the Chopper Predator mask, which people had many complaints about, has zero reviews.There are plenty of other examples throughout the site so it makes me wonder...do they not post negative reviews? Thanks guys! Oh and I absolutely looove this site.

They don't seem to, no. But that makes sense when you consider that their site isn't a place for critical discussion, but a place to promote and sell stuff. If you want to voice criticism publicly, then this and other forums of its type are better outlets.

I sent a negative review about their IM2 Arc Reactor prop replica which was nothing like the promo pics they had and it was very cheaply made, I got a mail back from CS saying that I can return it if I don't like it. They never posted the review but soon after the pictures on their website changed to pictures of the actual product.

EVILFACE take a look at companies like Logitech and Razer and a multitude of others, the products on their sites have a ton of negative reviews. However...Sideshow is a totally different beast and may warrant a different approach to reviews. Even then, I would say that more then half of their stock is sold directly to customers so reviews on the site would be very important whereas companies like Logitech and others sell 99.9% to retailers.

Regardless does anyone actually read the reviews on their site good or bad? I am sure most people come to sites like these anyway.

Last edited:
it's pretty funny the rogue pf doesnt have a single review posted, that should tell you something lol

Collectibles are a touchier subject compared to more mainstream tech consumer products.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

I have had numerous conversations with SS about this, its not right, they should allow all feedback if posted with taste. The latest for me is the new pred mask from cool props, feels like cheap plastic and now they want another $150 for their next one. Not worth it. They should go buy what Shop HQ does, they post all reviews and believe me it helps. By not allowing us to post what we really think about a product shows greed on SS part.

If you don't think it's worth what it costs, don't buy it. They owe your greed no more than you owe theirs.

thats different though than buying something and it doesn't match the proto..like someone said previously with the ironman piece..if I could read a review on it that stated whatever defects, that may or may not affect me buying it (see amazon.com reviews)…its not as simple as greed its about honestly representing your product…if you show me a picture and deliver something else thats not on me.

I have had numerous conversations with SS about this, its not right, they should allow all feedback if posted with taste. The latest for me is the new pred mask from cool props, feels like cheap plastic and now they want another $150 for their next one. Not worth it. They should go buy what Shop HQ does, they post all reviews and believe me it helps. By not allowing us to post what we really think about a product shows greed on SS part.

So you're the guy who consumes so much of sideshow's CS time that it takes them 2 months to issue me a refund instead of a week.

If I want to get genuine reviews of a product, the last place I am going to use is the manufacturer's website.. which imho is for photos, specifications, price and availability.

You and he joined the same year, two months apart. With over 9k posts you're acusing him of wasting your time?

Seriously...? That's why CS exhists.

That's correct. When I have something to say about a figure, I post it here. No irony in your observation there Porkchop :lol

And, had you spent a little more time reading my post than authoring yours - I was accusing him of wasting Sideshow's time.

I always thought you were a reasonable guy, but here you are, leaping unarmed to the defence of a whiney-pants comic book guy who, through some misguided sense of entitlement, repeatedly demands Sideshow accommodate customer reviews on their site. How utterly ill-sighted and vacuous :lol

Wow devilof76 thanks for the life lesson, I was not trying to be negative only stating hearing from other collectors helps out.

Wow devilof76 thanks for the life lesson, I was not trying to be negative only stating hearing from other collectors helps out.

This Sideshow-affiliated site, frequented by Sideshow employees, and populated by a massive community of collectors who comment on any and every aspect of a product that doesn't meet their expectations, doesn't service those needs?

Instead, you reckon Sideshow would do well to publish reviews on their sales site? What kind of resourcing do you imagine that would take? And who would ultimately foot the bill for it?

At the end of the day...

If I want to get genuine reviews of a product, the last place I am going to use is the manufacturer's website.. which imho is for photos, specifications, price and availability.

:lecture

Back