Need to fix Luke's belt

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Weezer

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi I scored ANH Luke off of ebay. It came today.
One little issue... the peg on the clip for the droid caller has been broken off. Any one have this happen and is there a quick fix?

I'm guessing I can't get a replacement piece from SSC?

Hi
Would anyone have time to post a close up image of the peg on the droid caller clip?

Here you go, I hope this helps...

001800x451.jpg

Thanks Chakaman. So its similar to the belt buckle "peg"? Sorry can I ask you how far the "peg" sticks out? Is it the same distance as the buckle?

I think I'm going to use a piece of styrene rod and dab the tip with epoxy and paint it silver.

You could even drill a small hole into the plastic and glue a cut-down pin in there, and the caller could hang on that?

Hey Brinn, Chakaman, thanks for the help.

I originally thought about using a straight pin... I couldn't find any around, so I opted to make the peg out of styrene. Which actually looks like a plastic straight pin. :rotfl

If that breaks I'll use a good old fashion straight pin.

Do you guys know how far the peg should stick out?

And if you have any tips on getting the belt back on without breaking the buckle's peg I'd appreciate it? It was pretty tough to getting it off. I was afraid the pin would snap right off.

Last edited:
I'd hang the droid caller on your pin and see how long you need it to be. Try stretch the leather a little before putting the belt on, then you'll be taking strain off of the belt hook. Yeah, those little plastic hooks freak me out too! They are so brittle! :monkey2

Tell me about it! I already had to fix the electrobinoculars.

I took the thing out of the box last Friday... went to attach it to the belt and the "hook/tab" was hanging by a thread. I had to redrill and set new pins.

Thank the maker for CA glue. ;)

Finally got around to finishing this. It will never be perfect, but it does the job.

Back