NECA: Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's the NECA doesn't give a **** about the rambo line, so let's display him with the Jay Leno head sculpt holding the m60 in one hand and the rocket launcher on the other hand pose :lol

I agree with you, just look at how much better the Planet of the Apes line looks, they did an above average job on Rocky, but Rambo, for what ever reason is terrible, you have to wonder why such a piss poor effort was put into Rambo by Neca? If they don't won't to do it right why make a third Rambo figure? This head sculpt chin looks like Jay Leno lol Thanks for bringing it up. I guess it all comes down to you get what you pay for, this is a cheap six inch plastic figure that sells at toysrus and Walmart for around $15, so maybe the expectations are way to high by me and others here.

It's clear NECA put very little effort into the Rambo line, they're distracted with Aliens and Apes. This 2nd Leno version will probably hang around the pegs for awhile while the bow one will sell out rather quickly.

It's clear NECA put very little effort into the Rambo line, they're distracted with Aliens and Apes. This 2nd Leno version will probably hang around the pegs for awhile while the bow one will sell out rather quickly.

I agree with you, just look at how much better the Planet of the Apes line looks, they did an above average job on Rocky, but Rambo, for what ever reason is terrible, you have to wonder why such a piss poor effort was put into Rambo by Neca? If they don't won't to do it right why make a third Rambo figure? This head sculpt chin looks like Jay Leno lol Thank for bringing it up. I guess it all come down to you get what you pay for, this is a cheap six inch plastic figure that sells at toysrus and Walmart for around $15, so maybe the expectations are way to high by me and others here.

Yeah, Neca just doesn't care enough about the Rambo line, and it has to do with the sculptors working on the line. The guy in charge of the Apes line is a HUGE fan of the movies, and he said in a youtube interview that it was a dream line for him to work on, so clearly, the best sculptors are not Rambo fans or are not working on this particular line for some other reason. It's too bad that twice, the Rambo figures with the M60 machine gun have such poor quality. This is the kind of mistake that can kill a line of figures, and they have only themselves to blame for that if it happens, not the fans.

Lots of hands, cool he has the M60 but I was hoping for the bow since I have an M60. Knife should have black on the blade though, small detail to miss and I'm sure they just slapped silver on.

Lots of hands, cool he has the M60 but I was hoping for the bow since I have an M60. Knife should have black on the blade though, small detail to miss and I'm sure they just slapped silver on.

Yep, silver knife. However, you can tell that it's a new sculpt, so at least they aren't reusing the knife from the first film/figure. I still don't get how they missed such an obvious detail? I expect that from Mattel, not NECA.

Does anyone notice that the head sculpt in the package looks fantastic, the previous posts made him look like Jay Leno, I guess they might have tweaked the sculpt and what we saw was not the final version.

Does anyone notice that the head sculpt in the package looks fantastic, the previous posts made him look like Jay Leno, I guess they might have tweaked the sculpt and what we saw was not the final version.

Randy said on Twitter that the SDCC figure was a production figure.

It's just lighting.

This is a heavy flash shot and it still looks good.

DSCN44353_zpsc38525df.jpg

Package shot just looks a little better.

Well, that one may still look bad in the package. Time will tell, the original First Blood figure looked bad at the Cons and looks great in person so who knows. I'm getting this first on anyway so win for me.

I'll probably just use the M-60 from the N2 figure, no strap and has an ammo belt. I wonder why the strap is there, if NECA will use the M60 for other figures or something, because if it's just for Rambo, then they should go for accuracy, he took it from a helicopter mount.

Back