NECA PENNYWISE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: NECA IT Movie Figures

I was kinda thinking we'd see the Tim Curry Pennywise, but I wasn't expecting to like it so much.

How'd they screw up the new version? It reminds me of when my Mom used to go work in the 80's and early 90's wearing suits with shoulder pads... The proportions are off - maybe because it's a 2-up? As is, I don't like it enough to buy. Tim Curry, though. Sold me there.

For the 2017 Pennywise, I was actually really diggin' Mezco's stylized version - as well as the Jack-in-the-box which is just perfect. So perfect.

Would anyone by the IT mezco versions

I wonder if Neca would do the children from the tv movie since they are doing the kids from the new version :dunno

I wonder if Neca would do the children from the tv movie since they are doing the kids from the new version :dunno

Too niche, wouldn't sell.

And I think you're talking about Funko, not Neca.

It's way better than that cheesy 90s version.
Nope. It's a mediocre modern horror movie and a bad film overall. I used to be in your camp after seein' it (no pun intended) on a big screen, but after the home watch it (no pun intended) became painfully obvious how meh the movie is.

The mini-series is cheesy and funny but still so much more faithful to the book and you can forgive it (no pun intended) for bein' what it is, all things considered.

I do like movie version of the Clown a lot more and the actor was very good, but... they didn't do much with him and that awful finale just destroyed his image for me.

Definitely getting both versions! I'm guessing Neca will unveil a quarter scale of both hopefully at SDCC if they sell well.

Definitely getting both versions! I'm guessing Neca will unveil a quarter scale of both hopefully at SDCC if they sell well.
Randy said on Twitter than if these sell, they will do them in QS next.

Curry looks excellent. Instant buy for me. I'll have to think about the movie version though. Depending on the final product, I might get both.

Out of the 2 Curry Penny looks better but will be getting both.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Yup, thr 90s version is crap.

Badly acted, very campy, Curry’s performance saves it.

The new version is far superior in most aspects.

The new penny wise is really good....but good does not compare with Curry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1FLSbDG.jpg

TdUHlQI.jpg

Certainly anything from the second half with the adults of the 90's miniseries is pretty bad. The stuff with the kids is okay, though. I'm curious to see how the second half of the new version turns out because I do think the part where they're kids is the best part of the story. Hopefully they can make it interesting.

As for the 2017 version figure, is that 1/4 scale?

So this is one of their small figures yeah?

Back