NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now do i do a battle damage version or wait till neca does their version ah la BD iron man...hummm

Glad to see everyone getting them... awesome!
Now that i see actual in box photos Gipsy is rather battle damaged already.
Since the movie never had a "clean " version like iron man, maybe Neca wont do a 2nd run battled damaged unless they make it like the 7" version where its really really damaged with paint aps...
Glad i got one:)

Glad to see everyone getting them... awesome!
Now that i see actual in box photos Gipsy is rather battle damaged already.
Since the movie never had a "clean " version like iron man, maybe Neca wont do a 2nd run battled damaged unless they make it like the 7" version where its really really damaged with paint aps...
Glad i got one:)

You bet -- it's good to see that more people can dodge scalper prices. Seems that a lot of people want this figure more since the Blu-Ray came out though I think it's safe to assume that GD's got less quantities compared to the 1st Mark 7 figure shich NECA claims to have *only* 7,500 made.

I hope the paint apps would be as great as what we see on the photos, but I might end up adding more weathering/paint chipping effect on it. So excited for this -- I dig the simplicity and color scheme of the box too! :blissy

Strange on Neca's Amazon site it was 99 bucks yesterday when I ordered my two when it sold out. Back in stock today and its 109. Guess I got lucky.

I still won't consider their little mark-up true scalping. Iron Man still goes for a decent price on NECA's ebay store compared to other resellers. Personally I would consider it "non-preorder price" like what most of our local dealers offer: most figures (in case there are extra units apart from those pre-ordered) are sold at a non-PO price that is about $10-$20 higher (for HT figures this usually matches SSC prices), and both PO and Non-PO prices are always declared once a figure goes live for booking in their shops. Now since the item is ready to ship, it's being offered at non-PO price :)

I still won't consider their little mark-up true scalping. Iron Man still goes for a decent price on NECA's ebay store compared to other resellers. Personally I would consider it "non-preorder price" like what most of our local dealers offer: most figures (in case there are extra units apart from those pre-ordered) are sold at a non-PO price that is about $10-$20 higher (for HT figures this usually matches SSC prices), and both PO and Non-PO prices are always declared once a figure goes live for booking in their shops. Now since the item is ready to ship, it's being offered at non-PO price :)

Amazon also charges pretty high seller fees.

There is no reason for a store who buys wholesale from NECA to have a lower price on an item. The difference in price is quite substantial compared to BBTS, $84.99 opposed to $109.99. Oh and I don't buy the non preorder pricing excuse at all.

There is no reason for a store who buys wholesale from NECA to have a lower price on an item. The difference in price is quite substantial compared to BBTS, $84.99 opposed to $109.99. Oh and I don't buy the non preorder pricing excuse at all.

Why? A preorder is a guaranteed sale (in most cases... BBTS operates a little differently), and when an item ships directly out to a consumer, versus stock that they need to have warehouse space available for. Lower preorder pricing also offers an incentive for sales. There are reasons for it.

As for BBTS having a lower price, BBTS often offers a discount for preorders. They even say that the msrp is $100. Also, msrp is the SUGGESTED retail price by the manufacturer. So if NECA suggest $100, they are going to sell it for $100. If BBTS wants to undercut them, they certainly can. Few products are offered to retailers with a demand they set a certain price, but it does happen.

Many companies that buy wholesale from SSC offer their products for lower than SSC does. They have to otherwise ppl will buy from SSC. Other places charge more. It's up to the retailer.

To say "There is no reason for a store who buys wholesale from NECA to have a lower price on an item" is totally false. There are several legitimate reasons and it happens frequently.

I'm not asking you to, anyway.

Why? A preorder is a guaranteed sale (in most cases... BBTS operates a little differently), and when an item ships directly out to a consumer, versus stock that they need to have warehouse space available for. Lower preorder pricing also offers an incentive for sales. There are reasons for it.

As for BBTS having a lower price, BBTS often offers a discount for preorders. They even say that the msrp is $100. Also, msrp is the SUGGESTED retail price by the manufacturer. So if NECA suggest $100, they are going to sell it for $100. If BBTS wants to undercut them, they certainly can. Few products are offered to retailers with a demand they set a certain price, but it does happen.

Many companies that buy wholesale from SSC offer their products for lower than SSC does. They have to otherwise ppl will buy from SSC. Other places charge more. It's up to the retailer.

To say "There is no reason for a store who buys wholesale from NECA to have a lower price on an item" is totally false. There are several legitimate reasons and it happens frequently.

:goodpost: Well said, sir.

bring on the in-hand pics! looking forward to seeing if it lives up the hype.

Great movie! Easily my favorite of the year. I am happy the toyline is doing so well. How the movie wasn't a bigger hit in the US is troubling.

Was hoping they would ship yesterday. They did not. Here's waiting until Monday at the earliest. QQ

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

My 18" gipsy will show up at my door today. Whether someone is there to take it or not is a different question.

Back