NECA - Pacific Rim

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Series 3 Axhead.

54zj5HY.jpg

"#PacificRim S3 sculpt reveal. Axehead! We said Axehead, not Tresspasser for a reason, there are more Kaiju to come!!"

Pardon me, but what's this supposed to mean exactly? I'm happy we're apparently getting more kaiju but isn't axehead and trespasser one in the same?

I thought one was quadrupedal and the other bipedal. There's the very first kaiju we see and then there is the one that Stryker takes down in australia.

My dream is seeing them do a 18" Striker Eureka.

On that note, is there anywhere that's still taking PO for the 18" Gypsy? Cancelled my PO from BBTS a while ago since I didn't think I would have the funds for it.

Yes they are...
actually his official name is Tresspasser... :dunno
Axehead was his nickname...

So why are they making it out like its a big deal that they called him one name and not the other?:dunno Unless the next 18 inch kaiju is axehead/trespasser, which would make sense cause again they can just reuse the knifehead body.

I'm actually impressed they took our complaints to heart and added articulation to the knifehead body, looks to be the most articulated kaiju yet outside of 18 inch knifehead.

Has anyone watched this yet?

https://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=139&itemid=21236

Skip to 28:50 for some pacific rim stuff

-18 inch gipsy is still slated for a late october/early november release

-we'll probably see 18 inch knifehead around new years or early january, apparently it's going to be close to 2 feet tall; much like the neca balrog from way back

-series 3 is looking at a febuary release date

-there may be two additional kaiju released around the same time as series 3, it's a little vague but i don't think they're actually part of the series proper; maybe a two pack or something.

-they're planning something along the lines of a sdcc exclusive or retail exclusive; so i'm guessing a variant of some sort.

On that note, is there anywhere that's still taking PO for the 18" Gypsy? Cancelled my PO from BBTS a while ago since I didn't think I would have the funds for it.

Expect BBTS to have more instock and for sale when they get their initial shipment. Sometimes they don't raise the price when they get their stock, but they do sometimes like the Hot Toys Hulk.

I would love to see them do an 18" Striker as well, but I'm getting the SS statue so I'll have one in my collection one way or another. Really hope the 18" line continues after Knifehead.

Also I'd say BBTS will get more once Gypsy is released. I'd check occasionally though as some cancel their preorder become available. Thats how I got my preorder in at least.

fingerscrossed wave 2 hits my rus this tues.... in WI.

lcs said it would be 3 weeks for them to get wave 2(alwys get there neca stuff late tho) and now nov for the 18" gips.

Just received my series 2. I'm a bit disappointed with how striker eureka
turned out - paintjob on it is bad; joint problems; and I feel that he's packing a bit too much meat, especially on the legs.

Leatherback is great, though. Easily the best in this series. Gipsy Danger is decent too.

Just received my series 2. I'm a bit disappointed with how striker eureka
turned out - paintjob on it is bad; joint problems; and I feel that he's packing a bit too much meat, especially on the legs.

Leatherback is great, though. Easily the best in this series. Gipsy Danger is decent too.

Agree on all points..
Leatherback is the best release thus far, its massive !
Strikers paint aps are appalling, sadly.

Back