NECA Dark Knight Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am curious, though, with all of the people screaming about "quality," which is the more accurate sculpt with the paint stripped off. I think the argument that "NECA's paint apps are nothing compared to Enterbay's" is a bit flawed, for the simple fact that paint isn't the only factor. End of the day, you can paint a piece of **** gold, and it's still a piece of ****, but, if you paint a piece of gold brown...well, you get my point. I'm not implying that the EB's a piece of ****, it's not. However, while it's a decent sculpt, it's not perfect, but the "look down our noses at NECA" stuff makes me cringe.

Yeah how dare anyone look down their noses to the wonderful NECA products as of late....

NECA-Quarter-Scale-Iron-Man-Mark-VII-Battle-Damage-Figure-Close-Up.jpg

Attachments

• SDCC_2013_NECA_Friday-005.jpg
    SDCC_2013_NECA_Friday-005.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,417
I'm not saying that they don't have their own share of "misses," but, all I'm saying is, give the NECA Joker and the Enterbay Joker, I don't know, Silent Surfer repaints, and see which one would come out on top. We get caught up in the "pretty" factor of things, rather than the actual foundation. Naturally, the paintwork on a $90 action figure isn't going to match that of a $400 action figure, but, when it comes to sculpt, that's another thing entirely.

Ill only buy it if a Christian Bale Batman is planned. I wouldn't want him by himself.

They haven't confirmed Nolan Batman. They said they eventually plan on doing him but they wanted to stop with all the Batman figures since they had like 3 ('66, '89, Origins) and want to spread out to different characters (Ledger Joker, Burt Ward Robin).

I was never a fan of the EB sculpt. I think this is better. The paint is bad, but that's not a surprise. Cost of the figure has nothing to do with which has a more accurate sculpt. :dunno

The overcoat does look a bit short to me.

My thoughts exactly. Yeah, the overcoat could be a tad longer. Maybe past the knees right in the middle of the shins.

jokercompare.jpg

Other than that, I think NECA did a really great job. It supposedly comes with the Glock too, but if this turns out nice, I'll display it probably as it is.

Even in that pic, Ironman looks good apart from the paint smudges.

I don't see how anyone can say this is better than eb jokers sculpt,I agree it looks promising but until I see pics from every angle how can you fairly judge?the hot toys cop head looked great from a certain angle,but as soon as you look at it from the side you start to see all the flaws.once in hand pics start to surface then we can probly judge,I still think the only way to truly see how accurate yhese are is to see them without the makeup on.

I don't see how anyone can say this is better than eb jokers sculpt,I agree it looks promising but until I see pics from every angle how can you fairly judge?the hot toys cop head looked great from a certain angle,but as soon as you look at it from the side you start to see all the flaws.once in hand pics start to surface then we can probly judge,I still think the only way to truly see how accurate yhese are is to see them without the makeup on.

Paint or no paint... It is easy to tell the hair sculpting is not even close. I think this NECA figure is decent in the under $100 world.... But comparing the sculpt to the enterbay sculpt is just silly.

Enterbays Joker should look better, it's $300 more. For $90 this looks really good, hopefully it turns out well.

I just noticed it had cuts in parts where they generally have articulation (elbow and knees). I wonder how much more work is left on him. I hope the coat is a softer plastic so that's more malleable.

Still reminds me of the DX01 right here. Still, I'd be keen to see what's under the paint. The detals and the suit look good. Nothing I really need though, meh.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Yeah, this is a pass for me.

Still reminds me of the DX01 right here. Still, I'd be keen to see what's under the paint. The detals and the suit look good. Nothing I really need though, meh.

Sent from my SGH-T999L using Tapatalk

Might be in the minority, but I think this looks better than the DX01 sculpt.

Back