NECA 1/4 Scale TMNT 1990's Turtles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my set today (had to use a middleman in the USA to send to Canada). Overall is a nice set but can tell right off the bat I will need a replacement head for at least Leo. His one eye is half painted and there is a chip of paint missing from his bandana just above his eye. I am going to wait until I can spend some time with them this weekend and make sure everything is okay with the bodies and such before I reach out to NECA.

Just curious, what is the best way to reach them? Just an email? Should I send photos right off the bat? Also does anyone know what the email is or is there just a contact page?

Thanks for reading all of that and possibly offering advice.

Got my set today (had to use a middleman in the USA to send to Canada). Overall is a nice set but can tell right off the bat I will need a replacement head for at least Leo. His one eye is half painted and there is a chip of paint missing from his bandana just above his eye. I am going to wait until I can spend some time with them this weekend and make sure everything is okay with the bodies and such before I reach out to NECA.

Just curious, what is the best way to reach them? Just an email? Should I send photos right off the bat? Also does anyone know what the email is or is there just a contact page?

Thanks for reading all of that and possibly offering advice.

[email protected]
Send pictures and politely request a replacement head, all in your first email to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 1/4th aren’t unpleasant to look at but they are big and harder to pose.
not turtles. i meant scale in common. no way to see small intricate details and the whole figure simultaneously.
if they made small turtles with quality of 1/4 turtles, i'd choose small ones over big ones anytime with no look at the price.

[email protected]
Send pictures and politely request a replacement head, all in your first email to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much :) I just don't want to email before I make sure everything else is okay. I might post a few pics to see if I am being nitpicky.

It really is a fantastic set, glad I got one. It's weird I thought the box was going to be much larger and the figures much smaller.

Absolutely loving this set..............[emoji41]
ac1037608d2982506ac35a5a59e37908.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Would anyone be interested in a 1/6 Raphael from the teenage mutant ninja turtles live action film? I'm considering having an artist create one. We're aiming towards this being a statue with switchable head and hands. Making a fully articulated figure seems out of the cards at this point. It will also have a cool base. So essentially it will be a 1/6 statue. It's something I've always wanted so figured I'd check to see if any of my fellow board members would want in too.

Finally opened up my set. A few issues I hope Neca will be able to resolve, but a great set otherwise. I actually like the diorama more than the figures! The dio is so well thought out and executed. It’s very modular and easily lends itself to customization. I highly encourage everyone to pick up whatever retail version they have planned, you won’t be disappointed.

I like that they left room for accessory packs to be made to add on to this. Things like fire escapes, broken windows, broken walls, drain pipes, different backgrounds, etc could all easily be future accessories that could be plugged in. And this one from the front (since they moved that Foot graffiti) is just generic enough to work with just about any figures. I suspect the retail offering will be just as generic, it not more so.

It is large, but not ungodly. A couple of larger Lego sets take up as much room. Thankfully, vertical space is well utilized. That of course may be the issue for some, but the three levels could likely be assembled and displayed separately reasonably enough. This feels like finally owning one of their con display pieces, which I suppose it kind of is.

Yeah on one side I’m so greatful to have this 7” movie set of Turtles when so many missed out but on the other hand, Neca’s QC really annoys me .

I wish they would develop a new material for their figure bodies ��

I think a lot of these turtle sets where maybe too rushed in production of the final product made, maybe that’s why a lot of them are suffering major QC issues :slap

If anyone still needs a set hmu, selling mine with a few QC issues. I'm just not feeling this set over the 1/4 figures.

Yea tell me about it...i need a new leonardo head...smh :horror

View attachment 423508
That Leonardo head would look fine on the shelf you cant see the eyes in person on this set as much as last years animated set which was a lot worse. Its only when you take those macro photos you can really see but as long as there's no broken parts I think there fine. Being a UK collector I was just glad to get a set and in the UK we mainly have to buy NECA online anyway so we cant be too fussy.

I have some interesting information that not a lot of people realize about the scene where they use Mikey on the roof of the old barn, but Raphael's voice is coming from him, shouting "Splinter!!". Raphael was ADR dubbed in to try and cover up an entire deleted scene. According to both the original shooting script used for the movie, as well as the original Mirage comics's version of the scene that the movie adapted FROM those comics (as well as many of the plot elements that are in the movie) and some on-set photographs that also back up confirmation that the scene was shot... Mikey was actually hit hardest from the loss of Splinter, as he is in denial about the loss of his father figure, and starts to withdraw from the others. In the original comics, as in the deleted scene as well, Mikey starts attacking a punching bag really hard (A few seconds of THAT remains in the film), and then gets continually angry and goes to start wrecking up parts of the barn as well. In his anger and frustration, forced to cope with his denial, Mikey then makes his way up to the top of the barn and screams. Apparently, what happened is that because this scene was cut, I guess they tried to turn Mikey into Raph in that scene, hoping no one would notice, and probably becuase they already painted Raph as "The angry one" and either thought giving Mikey the development of being frustrated and in denial or also being angry and full of angst would detract from Raph's arc, or they just wanted to keep the story simple since Mikey also never really gets any resolution from that development as well. Either way though, Mikey does go berzerk in the comics, the script for the movie featured it and set photos exist, so it would make the most sense that this was the movie's best attempt to conceal that, while still including it. And just for the record, other deleted scenes feature an extra introduction for Casey Jones where he quips about "crazy punkers", the Turtles emerging from the water by the warehouse in their introduction, a scene in the fight at the antique shop that had April contributing to the fight by knocking out a foot soldier by dropping something on his head, an exchange of dialogue between Donnie and a foot soldier about getting hit in the balls being "a recommendation to join the Vienna Boy's Choir", the entire "farm crop training" scene in which they turn their bandannas around to cover their eyes as blindfolds to play "Hot potato" with an apple, that originally had more dialogue and character development (Funny thing is, I saw this movie in theaters and the theater I saw DID INDEED have this scene in it, that, as far as I know has never been preserved in any other print made since), and of course, the famous "extended ending", where April presents a comic book version to a publisher and gets rejected for being "too unbelievable".

Also, since then, Judith Hoag, who plays April also hinted in interviews about the existence of even more deleted sections of the film, that contained an element of eastern mystic philosophy behind the Turtles's connection to one another, that would have better explained their ability to sense Splinter's spirit around the campfire, but that was also cut, as well as her not being happy about it. The producer, according to her called it all "fluff without a purpose" and she strongly lobbied along with Steve Barron the director to keep it in the movie, since it would have made the movie more intelligent and go over better with critics. She said that the omission of these scenes as well as being lowballed for payment, a toxic set atmosphere between the director and New Line, and being lowballed again for the offer to appear in the sequel is why she didn't want any part of Turtles II.

Back