NBA

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also, everyone hating on Dirk is completely right. The man is paid millions of dollars to PLAY A GAME. He should be out there on the court with his team regardless of his leg situation. A buddy of mine who works in the coal mine with me tore something in his knee last year and didn't miss a day of work. If my coal mining buddy can work through the pain (in order to support his family at $22 an hour), so can Dirk.

But what about Kevin Love's Old Spice commercial? LOVE IN THE SHOWER!!!!!!!

the one where they had his jersey hanging over the shower and most of america still didn't know who he was? i think the wife even asked why kevin love was in the shower, lol

Also, everyone hating on Dirk is completely right. The man is paid millions of dollars to PLAY A GAME. He should be out there on the court with his team regardless of his leg situation. A buddy of mine who works in the coal mine with me tore something in his knee last year and didn't miss a day of work. If my coal mining buddy can work through the pain (in order to support his family at $22 an hour), so can Dirk.

i know what you are doing, gavin

i will stop following you on twitter if you keep this up

tickets are in hand for the mavs ring ceremony tonight. the mavs fan in me is pumped about that and the basketball fan in me is excited about seeing 2 of the most exciting unknown players in kevin love and ricky rubio.

I hope Dirk the quitter can somehow find the intestinal fortitude to somehow make it to the stadium to participate with his bad knee and all... :lol

I hope Dirk the quitter can somehow find the intestinal fortitude to somehow make it to the stadium to participate with his bad knee and all... :lol

me too!

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

just speaking in general...i just don't think love gets the respect he deserves and current all star tallies reflect that. he's currently in 5th place and should easily be in 2nd behind durant IMO. i guess that is what i mean by "household name". if he was a laker he would be right up there

is your buddy jumping around and constantly running back and forth all day long? Huge difference. I'm not defending Dirk, but that's not a good example you gave.

just speaking in general...i just don't think love gets the respect he deserves and current all star tallies reflect that. he's currently in 5th place and should easily be in 2nd behind durant IMO. i guess that is what i mean by "household name". if he was a laker he would be right up there

no, the tallies just show how stupid NBA fans are. They need to make it a peer to peer voting system.

is your buddy jumping around and constantly running back and forth all day long? Huge difference. I'm not defending Dirk, but that's not a good example you gave.

He did give an example from left field but I'm willing to bet coal mining is much more physically demanding than playing basketball. And I don't think basketball players "run back and forth all day long."

Yea, they don't run all day long, and I'm sure coal miners are really tough and all, but even a bruised knee makes it extremely difficult to contribute on the Basketball court in the NBA, and a torn knee would be impossible.

You know what? I'm not done. I hate D'Antoni. Like, seriously HATE him.

His rotation sucks.
He plays the Giraffe almost 30 mintues a game.
He never plays our bench players that CAN shoot.
He only runs one play a game on offense.
He doesn't care if his team chucks up covered 3's with 20 seconds on the shot clock.
He doesn't call timeouts until opponents already destroyed our confidence.
He doesn't motivate his guys to play better when opposing team is on a run.
He doesn't challenge bull_____ calls or work the refs unless we're up by 20+.
He calls his substitutions the SAME exact way EVERY game at the SAME exact time regardless of situation.

UGH, I can go on all day. This is just _____ from tonight.

The Nets couldn't move to Brooklyn soon enough...

few quick hits...

1. the ring ceremony was awesome. i will admit to a few tears when my mancrush dirk got his ring and cuban gave him a huge hug. those 2 will be tied together forever and it was a great moment in dallas sports history.

2. what an odd championship year this has been...fist the lockout, then we let key contributors walk away from the team for the sole reason of freeing up space for the upcoming off season, we don't get scheduled to go to washington and have to arrange our own white house visit, we get a finals rematch on opening day/banner raising and were thoroughly manhandled by a very pissed off and much better than we are heat team, we get trounced by the wolves on ring night...just a weird season over all.

3. kevin love is freaking amazing...he didn't have as many boards as i expected(only 10, lol) but that dude can fill up a stat sheet before you even realize it. rubio showed some flashes of greatness as well...some of his passes through traffic are mind blowing but he makes quite a few bone headed mistakes as well...all part of the learning process i guess.

4. lamar odom is a zombie out there...what a waste of a roster spot at this point. if yi can start hitting his jump shot on a semi regular basis lamar's playing time will continue to dwindle.

I'm happy Dirk showed up, what a warrior. I wasn't sure if he would be available to accept it last night or if he was gonna wait until he was in shape...

Lakers won a game last night:horror! Still look like crap doing it though. I have to question Mike Brown, he coaches Lebron and when the "team" is on offense they all stood around and watched Lebron. Now the same thing is happening with Kobe and that just doesn't work.

I really hope they jell this season and atleast make it interesting and stop looking to the moves they want make next off season. We shall see.

That was a great game last night. CP3 was acting like a little punk but that's par for the course with him. I did find it pretty funny when Pau patted him on the head like he was a little kid and set CP3 off...

Back