Mystique PF (not AH!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Next AH Maquette is Mystique?

Her outfit is pleather. It just doesn't have the same hit for me after big guns like Red Skull and Thor. Not to mention the costuming isn't my favorite. I would have preferred the classic look:

mystique.jpg

It looks to me like its an actual material, like a fake leather. I hope thats what it is, it would look much better than sculpted on IMO.

The exclusive is a "leather belt" so its safe to assume its at least pleather.

Her outfit is pleather. It just doesn't have the same hit for me after big guns like Red Skull and Thor. Not to mention the costuming isn't my favorite. I would have preferred the classic look:

mystique.jpg

So her pants are pleather eh? That's good to know. Where did you read that? I read, and all I saw that was made of material, was the belt for the exclusive, which is leather.

I think what is wrong with this one is the concept. The reason the Sabretooth bust is so brilliant is because it really hits us with a hard dose of nostalgia. It's design is something we know and love already whereas this Mystique looks like she is from a crappy Marvel movie where they changed the costumes around. It's like getting a Wolverine Movie PF instead of a Brown costumed or Jim Lee Wolverine. :monkey2

I think what is wrong with this one is the concept. The reason the Sabretooth bust is so brilliant is because it really hits us with a hard dose of nostalgia. It's design is something we know and love already whereas this Mystique looks like she is from a crappy Marvel movie where they changed the costumes around. It's like getting a Wolverine Movie PF instead of a Brown costumed or Jim Lee Wolverine. :monkey2

I agree wholeheartedly with you Rory, and that's a rarity! I am shocked. I was so certain I was going to be disinterested in yet another LSB, and loving this PF. Yet I am left rather dissatisfied with Mystique and loving the Sabretooth LSB. Definitely this could end up being my first LSB purchase. We'll see.

I agree wholeheartedly with you Rory, and that's a rarity! I am shocked. I was so certain I was going to be disinterested in yet another LSB, and loving this PF. Yet I am left rather dissatisfied with Mystique and loving the Sabretooth LSB. Definitely this could end up being my first LSB purchase. We'll see.

I could have posted exactly what you just posted because I feel the exact same way. Who would have guessed that the Sabretooth LSB would trump a beautiful lady PF? I am shocked as well. The bust is just a masterpiece and so iconic that it's just shadowing over this PF.

Classic would have been the way to go.

Thumbs down, looks like a chessy wannabe TV version.

really not what you'd expect from a mystique pf. clad in black shiny leather, half shirt and big boobs holding a gun. would have liked to see a more film accurate version. where's her scales?

really not what you'd expect from a mystique pf. clad in black shiny leather, half shirt and big boobs holding a gun. would have liked to see a more film accurate version. where's her scales?

In the comics she doesn't really have scales. This PF is sort of like a hybrid between the comics and the movie. Sort of disappointing to both parties in my opinion.

the more i look at it the more i'm disappointed it doesn't have the true to comic outfit....the tradtional one anyway. i like the outfit and it looks really nice but i would rather have the traditional one.

In the comics she doesn't really have scales. This PF is sort of like a hybrid between the comics and the movie. Sort of disappointing to both parties in my opinion.

This PF has nothing on the films really, the pupils is artistic license but other than that its the modern representation that she has been shown with.

Its Mayhew's version alright

Mystique11.png

:emperor:emperor

actually the movie version wouldn't have been too bad....basically a naked Mystique. :naughty

i received this poster the other day....just noticed she is in this costume.

This PF has nothing on the films really, the pupils is artistic license but other than that its the modern representation that she has been shown with.

Its Mayhew's version alright

Mystique11.png

Mayhew knows how to draw the ladies IMO...he does a lovely Lady Death.

Back