Mystique PF (not AH!)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Next AH Maquette is Mystique?

I think she sold out quickly because people are/were trying to ca$h in. Marvel seems to become quite popular with flippers. And by flippers, I mean those that by with only inetion of selling immediately at +$100 retail (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I would have to disagree. Flipping or specualting have brought us the housing and commodities crisis. When it continues eventually the underling products are destroyed. What is enough...$250 over retail? Because that is a distinct possibility if left unchecked. Thank goodness Sideshow tries to control it by limiting the number per customer and spreading them around the countries comic shops. If some wealthy jackass buys up all the merchandise and slaps $150 over retail on everything and screws you on shipping I believe your tune would change.

I would have to disagree. Flipping or specualting have brought us the housing and commodities crisis. When it continues eventually the underling products are destroyed. What is enough...$250 over retail? Because that is a distinct possibility if left unchecked. Thank goodness Sideshow tries to control it by limiting the number per customer and spreading them around the countries comic shops. If some wealthy jackass buys up all the merchandise and slaps $150 over retail on everything and screws you on shipping I believe your tune would change.

Trust me, when it comes to Marvel PF's, there are a lot of people that buy just to flip. given the success of Doom PF and IM Maquette and SIM, people see these and think they can do a quick buy and resell. To be honest, that's the reason I bought the SIM, my first PF of any line; I thought I'd make a few bucks. Once I had it in hand, I liked it too much to sell and have yet to unload any Marvel PF. But there are plenty out there that buy Marvel PF's just to sell.

Just watch, the Namor comiquette is on order next week. Even though the response has not been too favorable, it will sell out within a couple of days tops, and then watch how many get put on Ebay immediately afterwards.

Just watch, the Namor comiquette is on order next week. Even though the response has not been too favorable, it will sell out within a couple of days tops, and then watch how many get put on Ebay immediately afterwards.

I don't think he'll do too well with that face. But whats sucks is that they'll cancel and we're stuck with a much bigger ES than originally intended. Maybe he'll end up on the giftcard lot like both Mystique(s) will.

Trust me, when it comes to Marvel PF's, there are a lot of people that buy just to flip. given the success of Doom PF and IM Maquette and SIM, people see these and think they can do a quick buy and resell. To be honest, that's the reason I bought the SIM, my first PF of any line; I thought I'd make a few bucks. Once I had it in hand, I liked it too much to sell and have yet to unload any Marvel PF. But there are plenty out there that buy Marvel PF's just to sell.

So would you say that the Marvel segment of Sideshow is composed mostly of flippers or collectors? The main reason I joined this forum is to try and make that determination. Perhaps no one truly collects these Marvel items and they exist simply to be sold and resold over and over again and these forums serve as a means to generate interest where there is none. As I said before I'm a Marvelman and have been since I was five years old so these pieces are like a dream come true for me. But rest assured that there is no way on earth that I will be paying $1500+ for anything out there that has already been soldout. Just seems like Tulipmania circa 2008 to me.

^^^ So you joined SSF to do market research?

My opinion... collectors and fans are the majority. Flippers are here to and it's always going to be the case in all collector genres. BTW, being a Marvel head... what Sideshow items do you have currently?

^^^ So you joined SSF to do market research?

My opinion... collectors and fans are the majority. Flippers are here to and it's always going to be the case in all collector genres. BTW, being a Marvel head... what Sideshow items do you have currently?

I have Cap, Spidey, and the Goblin in PF and Emma, MJ, The Cat, and Magneto in comiquettes. This has been since June this year so I'm just starting. Though I paid modest premiums for most of them I am quite pleased with the end result.
You may refer to it as market research if you wish but a fool and his money is soon parted is a truisum that cannot be ignored. How can one purchase anything without knowing it's market value? I have Mystique and Rogue on the way(I love the ladies) and may grab the Skull at cost on Ebay next week. But it would appear that if one is patient you can find some excellent deals out there. Doom and the Hulk are long gone and not on my radar at the bubble prices I've seen around so I concentrate on what I can acquire. I am curious as to what value renters and homeowners insurance place on some of these items. Can you insure a Doom Ex for $1500 bucks? Or a Hulk for $1000?

I have Cap, Spidey, and the Goblin in PF and Emma, MJ, The Cat, and Magneto in comiquettes. This has been since June this year so I'm just starting. Though I paid modest premiums for most of them I am quite pleased with the end result.
You may refer to it as market research if you wish but a fool and his money is soon parted is a truisum that cannot be ignored. How can one purchase anything without knowing it's market value? I have Mystique and Rogue on the way(I love the ladies) and may grab the Skull at cost on Ebay next week. But it would appear that if one is patient you can find some excellent deals out there. Doom and the Hulk are long gone and not on my radar at the bubble prices I've seen around so I concentrate on what I can acquire. I am curious as to what value renters and homeowners insurance place on some of these items. Can you insure a Doom Ex for $1500 bucks? Or a Hulk for $1000?
Many insurance companies would not definitely give that on a regular policy, you would definitely need to get a personal property floater or in other words a policy specifically for your collectibles. Then you and the ins company may require a third party to appraise the items and agree on an insurable cost. There are some companies that specialize in this market to include comic books, baseball cards etc.

Thanks for the link. Anyone who intends to put thousands into these items and not have suitable insurance is asking for trouble. Katrina did a number on a lot of folks down this way so i intend to be prepared.

So would you say that the Marvel segment of Sideshow is composed mostly of flippers or collectors? The main reason I joined this forum is to try and make that determination. Perhaps no one truly collects these Marvel items and they exist simply to be sold and resold over and over again and these forums serve as a means to generate interest where there is none. As I said before I'm a Marvelman and have been since I was five years old so these pieces are like a dream come true for me. But rest assured that there is no way on earth that I will be paying $1500+ for anything out there that has already been soldout. Just seems like Tulipmania circa 2008 to me.

No, that's not what I said at all. Are you trying to be dramatic or something? :confused::confused: I'm just stating that there are people that will try and turn and quick buck off of SS Marvel items. Fortunately, they're a minority, but they still exist.

No, that's not what I said at all. Are you trying to be dramatic or something? :confused::confused: I'm just stating that there are people that will try and turn and quick buck off of SS Marvel items. Fortunately, they're a minority, but they still exist.

No Mesa. I was simply asking your opinion on the subject. Don't take it as a personal attack because it most certainly is not. The written word can be so easily misinterpeted sometimes...hard to get a persons intent right. Guess that why emoticons were created eh. :cool:

Ditto. This got the axe along with Asajj, Apocalypse LSB, and SIM LSB :( I had to think hard about how much I liked the character especially when considering how much it costs. Choosing between these pieces or Hellboy2, Indy, Thor, etc. is no contest.

Not enough $$$ to go around these days.

had to cancel this beauty, my first Marvel PF cancellation. Legolas LSB also got the axe.

Did you order Namor? It's like people cancel, BUT... they reorder another piece.

Did you order Namor? It's like people cancel, BUT... they reorder another piece.

Nope, didn't order Namor. Or new GR on throne. I haven't ordered anything for a couple of weeks. Wait, I take that back, I had the Aragorn LSB on order for about 2 hours. I'm being much more selective (or trying to be) as I've run out of space, even to just store boxes, let alone display the piece.

But my order page on SS website is still pretty long, and I don't want to get rid of any of those pieces.

The economy is not doing so well these days with the financial crisis, higher gas prices, real estate crisis, higher unemployment rate, etc... people are becoming more conservative w/ their money. I used to bid 1K on Dr. Doom PF or Iron Man Comiquette, but no more. I don't even bother looking at them on eBay these days. I'm still employed, but i'm saving the money for rainy days in future just in case i'm unemployed. The future is uncertain so I'll probably be cancelling this one and many others. I won't be surprised to see more cancellation on ALL future Sideshow releases; and also a decline in price on eBay. I'm sure we have already witness the price decline for awhile.

...for everyone that ordered then canceled for whatever reason...thank you for raising my ES...not that I care...just thank you. :monkey2:gun:monkey1

...for everyone that ordered then canceled for whatever reason...thank you for raising my ES...not that I care...just thank you. :monkey2:gun:monkey1

I seriously think SS had this edition size in mind all along.

Think about it, how could someone as popular as Thor have an ES of only 500 while a much less popular B character like mystique have an ES of 800? this was preplanned.

So, who's going to keep their Exclusive order?

I'm thinking of cancelling it and getting it on eBay with the live.com 30% off deal.

Back