My friend Sean, my mom, say I'm a freak

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChunkyZergling

Super Freak
Reaction score
...when they come in and see my statues. I love statues. I don't care what they think, though I think they are a little closed-minded not to see their beautify. They are just so turned off by the size and amount of them (I have 8) they can't look at the artistry that went into making them, the beauty of the sculpt. I've gone to the Museum of Modern Art in NYC and thought a lot of the artwork was ____, but when I say that my same friend tells me I'm uncultured and not metropolitan enough. But when he says the art I display is weird and looks terrible I can't say ____.

I'm moving out to my a place with a few friends in the city. I'm very sad to leave my statues. I'm definitely bringing at least one, Punisher Comiquette, maybe two, my newest one, Lara Croft PF. Going to have some girls over, will two scare them off? I really want to see my new Lara Croft some more. Dammit, why are people turned off by this!?

Dammit, so closed-minded. Do they not know brilliant sculptors worked diligently on these pieces!?

I'm too old to GAS what people think about my stuff. And if the girls you have over do or don't want to come back to visit anytime, it won't be because of the statues.

If you're moving to your own place, why would you only take 2 of your 8 statues with you?

Then Flosi zipped up his pants, dropped a $50 on the dresser and took off. True story. :lecture:lecture:lecture

f4bf6e3b.jpg

...when they come in and see my statues. I love statues. I don't care what they think, though I think they are a little closed-minded not to see their beautify. They are just so turned off by the size and amount of them (I have 8) they can't look at the artistry that went into making them, the beauty of the sculpt. I've gone to the Museum of Modern Art in NYC and thought a lot of the artwork was ____, but when I say that my same friend tells me I'm uncultured and not metropolitan enough. But when he says the art I display is weird and looks terrible I can't say ____.

I'm moving out to my a place with a few friends in the city. I'm very sad to leave my statues. I'm definitely bringing at least one, Punisher Comiquette, maybe two, my newest one, Lara Croft PF. Going to have some girls over, will two scare them off? I really want to see my new Lara Croft some more. Dammit, why are people turned off by this!?

Dammit, so closed-minded. Do they not know brilliant sculptors worked diligently on these pieces!?

who cares really?
try owning stuff like special edition barbies or Monster High Dolls, or Living dead dolls, people think my friend is gay and a serial killer, some people really act like he is Buffalo Bill from the Silence of the Lambs, is Just toys, yet people are all like wtf is that dude :slap

this is a hobby of love for the characters and the artistry that goes into making them.

Most of us collect because it makes us happy, make sure that you are collecting for the right reasons and you should have nothing to hide.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

But seriously, Some people think that collecting is weird. I have had nothing but positive reinforcement for my addiction. I have had a few friends come over and love my stuff. My father came over one day and out of the 50 + statues and figures I have the only thing he could talk about was my 1:1 big chap bust by hcg. My father has NEVER showed interest in my collecting but all of the sudden. BOOM "what the hell is that" next he says he loves it and can he take it home LOL. I think it depends on the people that are viewing your collection and what your collection consists of. If they dont find anything interesting they will shoot it down to weird or a waste of time. All in all WHO THE ____ CARES :gah:. its your life and your money....:peace

Firstly YOU ARE freak, even on a site called "sideshowfreaks" :lol

Secondly many-many times re-read this quote below:
Most of us collect because it makes us happy,
make sure that you are collecting for the right reasons and you should have nothing to hide.

I can't speak for anyone else, but everyone who has ever been over to my apartment has been "wowed" by my collection. I'm not a statue collector, but my Hot Toys Batman figures get the most compliments. The questions that I most often hear is "how much did that cost?!", and "where can I get one?". Nothing critical or annoying though.

My advice: dump your current friends and get some new friends.

I can't speak for anyone else, but everyone who has ever been over to my apartment has been "wowed" by my collection. I'm not a statue collector, but my Hot Toys Batman figures get the most compliments. The questions that I most often hear is "how much did that cost?!", and "where can I get one?". Nothing critical or annoying though.

My advice: dump your current friends and get some new friends.

seriously, that's why I said, at least this guy doesn't collect Barbies or Monster high dolls or something.
I find it hard to believe that people would be insulting about statues, or high end collectibles since they barely look like toys, they all look amazing,

those people are just weird

Back