My first Indy head painting work

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Restaurajones

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Newbie in this forum and this kind works. I am happy to be here with you . There are great artists among you and I'm also artist although I devote myself mainly to the restoration of Art works. I'm recently new at the custom works. My first custom was the corpse bride’s bench and now I'm starting to paint figures like that I am presenting today. It's a head adquired to undergroundstudio and I did my first attempts to paint such figures. My intention is to buy the 12” Indiana Jones figure from sideshow and put my painted head.

It's wonderful the art works that you make with the customs and repaints. Truly, it’s an amazing work.
I have used brushes and “modelcolor” from Vallejo with a layer of gray primer.
This is the head before the painting job:

And here the results:

My other custom:

Copse bride’s Bench ( made of wood and iron)

I hope that you like.

From now, I will try to learn everything I can from your wise counsel

Sorry for my bad english, I’m spanish.:whip:wave

Nice job with the pastels on Indy. Sometimes people can go overboard with that, but you got it just right.

The bench is fantastic as well.

That bench is fantastic and that Indy paint job is a great, great start to custom head painting!
Welcome to the board!

The head turned out nicely for your first paintwork...although his skin is a tad bit dark. But don't worry, painting heads is a process so keep at it.

Oh, and the bench is fantastic!

LOVE that Corpse Bride set-up!!:chew The Indy is great too. I like the skin tone. Suits him well. Seems like a lot of people forget Ford was really dark in RAIDERS. I think the lips and chin scar are too red, though. Very minor things, really. The rest looks great. Beard stubble is really difficult to capture, and you did a great job on it!

LOVE that Corpse Bride set-up!!:chew The Indy is great too. I like the skin tone. Suits him well. Seems like a lot of people forget Ford was really dark in RAIDERS. I think the lips and chin scar are too red, though. Very minor things, really. The rest looks great. Beard stubble is really difficult to capture, and you did a great job on it!

I agree with all of Shawn's points here. You did a great job on that Raiders Indy.

And DAMN!!! That Corpse Bride bench is TOP NOTCH!! :rock:rock:rock

Nice work on the indy sculpt, shame about the bubbles though. The bench is excellent, very professional.

Great stuff! And I think the bubbles add realistic texture to the sculpt (pores and pits and such). That doesn't happen often with bubbles, but I think it did this time!

Many thanks guys. I still lack a lot to learn, I lack a lot of technique. Try to learn the tricks that you use here regularly to obtain good results.
When my sideshow figure arrive I return to put more pics.

I agree about the bubbles in the head, in part would have been good to work more the head sculpt and also It can be seen as a detail that adds more texture.

You have right regarding tones, raiders skin is darker, he has taken much sun he he :lol:

greetings whip

Back