Must have Star Wars exclusive in 2006

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My Qui-Gon hasn;t worn his Jedi Robe since he was mailed to me. PONCHO ALL THE WAY! I laugh when I think about all the poncho-bashing that went on here. It's a wonderful exclusive, and with Maul, definitely worth shelling out a few extra dollars for (or picking up the Hasbro version).

Customikey said:
My Qui-Gon hasn;t worn his Jedi Robe since he was mailed to me. PONCHO ALL THE WAY! I laugh when I think about all the poncho-bashing that went on here. It's a wonderful exclusive, and with Maul, definitely worth shelling out a few extra dollars for (or picking up the Hasbro version).

The only problem I have with the poncho is that it shouldn't have been an exclusive item. Every Qui-Gon should've had it. He wears it for almost half the film.

Darth Loki said:
The only problem I have with the poncho is that it shouldn't have been an exclusive item. Every Qui-Gon should've had it. He wears it for almost half the film.

You're right, of course. But exclusive it was, and as such, is probably one of the best. Not sure what he'd have as an exclusive otherwise....

Fun thread...

"Must have" I'll stick with the majority here and go for the poncho...Qui-Gon would be incomplete without it. A close runner-up for me however is the stand that comes with Darth Vader Sith Apprentice. It just makes that figure "pop" on display...wish Sideshow would do more like it...

"Least have" I'm not too impressed with "Gummi-Sid" either. It's okay, but not essential.

Other good ones are Maul's battle-damaged saber hilt...really cool (c'mon Sideshow...bring on EpOne Obi!) and Obi-Wan's blaster (oh..a 12" scale Grevious would be so great)....

Customikey said:
You're right, of course. But exclusive it was, and as such, is probably one of the best. Not sure what he'd have as an exclusive otherwise....

Look at your avatar for that answer, Watto! A small sized character, and not much articulation would be needed, and how else are we gonna get thie slave-master? Maybe with a young Ani in the future, but it would be cool to have had him around early.

PosterBoyKelly said:
Look at your avatar for that answer, Watto! A small sized character, and not much articulation would be needed, and how else are we gonna get thie slave-master? Maybe with a young Ani in the future, but it would be cool to have had him around early.

Ah, yes. Watto would indeed be a cool exclsuive, but I'd want him to have full artiulation to take advantage of such an expressive character. I'd like him better as his own figure, with a couple of Pit Droids as exclusives...

In the meantime, I'm quite happy with my custom of the little junkdealer.

pa080005mv7.jpg

pa080009ab0.jpg

My favorite, the poncho. And it's the only one I have (by choice). Can someone explain the Sidious holo? Doesn't make sense. Also Bib is the 2nd best exclusive just for sentimental value.

Must have is a tough choice, I don't have my Maul yet and as cool a exclusive that severed saber is, he comes with enough sabers to float my boat.
So..
Must have would be Qui-Gon's Poncho.
Coolest is the Mynock.
I wouldn't call it the worst exclusive, the Hologram Sidious is okay just not very exciting or useful as anything else.

Customikey said:
Ah, yes. Watto would indeed be a cool exclsuive, but I'd want him to have full artiulation to take advantage of such an expressive character. I'd like him better as his own figure, with a couple of Pit Droids as exclusives...

In the meantime, I'm quite happy with my custom of the little junkdealer.

pa080005mv7.jpg

pa080009ab0.jpg
I'm not sure Sideshow could do one any better other then give him ball joints. Did you add articulation joints or was he like that?

screamingmetal said:
I'm not sure Sideshow could do one any better other then give him ball joints. Did you add articulation joints or was he like that?

I added all of Watto's arm/wrist articulation below the shoulders. Ball joints at the shoulders would have been nice, as well as something in the legs. At least the wings are ball-cuts.

Back