Musicians 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh Motorhead....
Lemmy.jpg

He would make a great VCD. he he

Re: Medicom 12" Glimmer Twins

Can't find Steven Tyler, but the Glimmer Twins are both up. Medicom uses small pictures, unfortunately. I've photoshopped both images for each figure -- both are setup to show a second angle when you hold a button down:

Glimmer1.jpg

Glimmer2.jpg

https://www.medicomtoy.co.jp/index1.html

Navigate to Real Action Heroes > the last selection on the RAH list (it's in Japanese) > scroll down, their names are in English.

Wouldn't be the first time someone confused Mick and Steven...

Imagine all the Beatles...living in one-sixth...

You may think that I'm a dreamer, but there've been a number of groups mentioned I either wouldn't want...or don't even know what they look like.

The Beatles, on the other hand, offer so many possibilities I don't know which I'd prefer. The teenage Hamburg Beatles with Pete Best and Stu Sutcliffe...the first Cavern Club appearance with a bearded Ringo, fresh from Rory Storm & the Hurricanes, the first Ed Sullivan appearance (probably the first we'd see, but those collarless jackets have already been done to death), the Sgt Pepper uniforms, the individual looks from the era of the White Album and Hey Jude, the Let It Be rooftop concert...this was musical history. It's the Star Wars license of the "Legendary Musicians" universe of possibilities.

Package these with a re-release of the "Anthology" DVD set and...woo...hoo...

12 inchers of Darby Crash (The Germs) and Ian Curtis (Joy Division) for sure. Robert Smith from the Cure. And these wouldn't sell in the states but they would in Europe, Liam and Noel from Oasis.

Other thoughts - The Ramones (as mentioned,) Kurt Cobain, The New York Dolls, Devo, Henry Rollins (circa Black Flag,) maybe Randy Rhoads. Motley Crue circa 1985 might be interesting as figures. Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix would also kick ass.

I'd also buy The Beatles (preferably moptop or Sgt Pepper versions,) the Rat Pack, Elvis etc.

Back