Multiple character representations

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will display Aragorn on Brego with the rest of my collection, along with the other "Rider" statues. I do also have Elessar, but he is not on display with the rest of my statues, but is instead on a bookshelf in another room with my Tolkien books. Otherwise, I probably would sell him, since I do not personally want duplicate statues of the same character on display next to each other.

It just doesn't seem like the pieces were planned well at all. Even though I like a lot of the older pieces (mostly enivironments) being released now like Amon Hen, Weathertop, Buckleberry Ferry, Wounded Orc bust, Rohirrim bust, etc... why are they being released now? Rather than creating Faramir, Denethor, etc. to complete the line it just seemed like they grabbed things they had sitting on the shelf and decided to release them instead.

I do agree with too many Gollums as well. If they really thought they needed a Smeagol bust for SDCC, they should have made a Smeagol as hobbit bust so at least we would be getting a new representation of him. :gollum

Thanks Buzz for finding that CAPS LOCK key. I can now enjoy reading your posts. :clap

The only multiple Im pissed at is GTW. It really annoys me that I spend good money on this statue, only to find a better version as GoSF, that I had to buy. IMO the standing GTW AKA Moses should never have been made.

I quite like the 3 Ringwraith statues, as each is sufficiently different from each other.

I don't excuse the fact that sooooo many key human characters are missing and we got quite a few insignificant ones - Prologue busts?

I just reckon SSW dropped the ball at the end. If the same rate of production had continued throughout the license - rather than the big bloated ES - Im sure we'd have all the pieces we want.

Even though I like a lot of the older pieces (mostly enivironments) being released now like Amon Hen, Weathertop, Buckleberry Ferry, Wounded Orc bust, Rohirrim bust, etc... why are they being released now?

Because Weta has moved on from LOTR to work on Kong and Narnia. Therefore, they recycled many of the old sculpts as they didn't have as much time to create new ones.

To me it seems the lack of time should be the biggest complaint. Weta seem to have managed to secure another partnership, forsaking their previous commitments, like a sack of hardened concrete. What would have been wrong with extending their contracts till they finalised a few necessary pieces. Where did the love go?

Their inexperience has been proven. What hope for completion of Narnia and Kong? Hope for hopes sake, the future might see a renewal of the LotR licence, and a continuation of Sideshow as a partner. The future is unknown.

i have to agree
it seems silly to end such a wonderful line so uncomplete
although i will miss a faramir statue,and a gonorean soldier statue, etc
my biggest gripe by miles and miles is they didnt do a barad-dur, this almost makes me want to take my cave troll hammer to my entire collection (almost)..
i mean thta was why i spent 400 on orthanc, those two would have looked awsome.
oh and im not interested in banbury mint one even if it is in scale
:bang

I do agree with too many Gollums as well. If they really thought they needed a Smeagol bust for SDCC, they should have made a Smeagol as hobbit bust so at least we would be getting a new representation of him.

I fully agree with your statement leebgb ! Would have been great to have atleast a bust for the guy that made Gollum/Smeagol what it was . Great scene in the movie that was as well ! Who won't remember Smeagol strangling the Hell out of Deagol ? Awesome !

I disagree. Smeagol/Gollum is one of the greatest characters in the book and absolutely fantastic in the movies. He deserves more pieces than the Witchking does imho. The statue that came with the dvd is one of my favourite pieces so far in the LOTR line. Fantastic sculpt. Couldnt have been better!

Back