MR AT-AT Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that from the exhibit at the Huntsville Space & Rocket Center? I was there, and it was all I could do not to try and steal everything they had!

Yes it was. You and me both, loved it. I'd like to go again before they move it. Hard as heck to take a good pic since they wouldn't allow flashes to be used.

Loved this set up...I was expecting Wompa to stand up and bust out...looked eerie.

Last edited:
that looks awesome! reminds me of when the sw concert came to town...the security guards had to drag me out of there after the show.

Here are some detailed pics of the original ILM AT-AT models

at-at_-000.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a little late to this thread, LOL!!:rotfl

I just bought one of these behemoths on ebay and had it shipped to me without original packaging, I know:cuckoo:

It arrived in rather good condition with the exception of the two canons, under the head, the two shield pieces on either side of the "belly" and the spoiler looking piece on the back side of the AT-AT. They were broken off in shipping and seem to be pretty clean breaks. Can anyone recommend anything for fixing these items before I just take some super glue and piece it back together? Some kind of hobbyist epoxy/resin? Other than these issues, I'm loving this piece and it is a tremendous addition to my collection!!

Yeah, I do regret never getting one. I was always waiting for a good deal and somehow never managed to pick one up.

As for repairing the damage, if the pieces aren't too heavy, super glue could probably work. Epoxy is stronger, but is harder to work with and might be more likely to be visible when you're finished.

I'm a little late to this thread, LOL!!:rotfl

I just bought one of these behemoths on ebay and had it shipped to me without original packaging, I know:cuckoo:

It arrived in rather good condition with the exception of the two canons, under the head, the two shield pieces on either side of the "belly" and the spoiler looking piece on the back side of the AT-AT. They were broken off in shipping and seem to be pretty clean breaks. Can anyone recommend anything for fixing these items before I just take some super glue and piece it back together? Some kind of hobbyist epoxy/resin? Other than these issues, I'm loving this piece and it is a tremendous addition to my collection!!

Nice pickup! Hopefully the repairs go well. Seeing it in person definitely makes me appreciate the incredible detail. :clap

Congrats on your new AT-AT. A very impressive piece! I think superglue would do the trick, just add with moderation.

Yeah, I do regret never getting one. I was always waiting for a good deal and somehow never managed to pick one up.

As for repairing the damage, if the pieces aren't too heavy, super glue could probably work. Epoxy is stronger, but is harder to work with and might be more likely to be visible when you're finished.

Congrats on your new AT-AT. A very impressive piece! I think superglue would do the trick, just add with moderation.

Thanks for the help guys. Went to my local hobbytown and got some good recommendations on glues and/or epoxy, if I want to go the epoxy route. I think the epoxy is just a little too much, for what I need to repair, and any residue will be difficult to sand down or touch up when all is said and done. Other than fixing her up, I'm really digging this piece!!!!:yess:

Indeed the MR AT-AT is a great studio scale. Personally I never cared for the MR Falcon, Y-Wing or Snowspeeder, so the AT-AT is the only MR Studio scale I own and I love it.

Got one of these babies coming and I am stoked! It is missing an ankle piston though..

Anyone have ideas for a repair or replacing that part?

When it arrives, I'd look at how the pistons look in person and see if you can match it. Find a 'like' part and paint it to match.

Congrats on scoring this! It's an amazing collectible to say the least.

Yeah I was thinking that... might just have to MAKE a part. Painting it to match would probably be the hardest part.

Back