Movie Poster Collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am the same way with my prints. I have decided to begin framing and then cycle through so I have fresh pieces up all the time (except for my star wars wall :) )

Yeah that was my plan but it didn't quite pan out, but will definitely get Cap up soon.

I have a couple of the Star Wars Clone Wars animated prints on the other wall...

DSCF0169.jpg

Those were 30th birthday presents from the parents so whatever else I change they will stay.

The Supe one is great!

Thanks I've always been really pleased with that one :)

Neil

Since I got my Alamo picture in I will be grabbing a frame for it soon. I went last night and had my Snape (Harry Potter) picture framed 24x36. I took a photo of it but of course, you get a glare. When you look at it in person, you hardly notice the glare. But when you take a photo of it, it's bad. Any ideas why?

DSCN2155.jpg

Since I got my Alamo picture in I will be grabbing a frame for it soon. I went last night and had my Snape (Harry Potter) picture framed 24x36. I took a photo of it but of course, you get a glare. When you look at it in person, you hardly notice the glare. But when you take a photo of it, it's bad. Any ideas why?

I think it's just the light refracting off the plexiglass. every one of mine do that

DSCN2155.jpg

LOVE me some Hans Gruber !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just picked up a finding nemo DS and spent way more than I should have on it. Also got: Ramones end of the century, miracle, lotr fellowship, lotr fellowship teaser with frodo looking down at the ring and return of the king.

Recieved my John Carter, another Brave (first one had to many defects, and they are cheap right now), The Thing, and Tarantino's Hell Ride. The Thing is going to look great backlit.

Speaking of which, the Rise of the Planet of the Apes poster is kind of unique - it looks awful without backlighting, but great with it. Not too many they produce quite like that.

Oh, and another note on Brave, like I said, they are cheap right now. Pixar posters don't tend to stay that way, so now is the time to pick one up if you're thinking you like the look.

One new poster this week - Hunger Games. Not thrilled with the advance image, but not terrible either.

Also picked up a couple classics - Cat People and Escape from Alcatraz.

a friend of my Daughter who works for AMC Loews Marketing has just hooked me up with Rise of The Planet of The Apes Hologram Poster and a Cowboys and Aliens Poster. i see alot of poster goodness coming my way ...:wink1:

Thought I would bring this up here, since you guys would probably know. I have like 100 posters that I've gotten over then years from SDCC and I want to get the plastic coverings with the cardboard backs (don't want to frame them all...too much $$$). Then just have them all standing vertical in some sort of carrier case. Anybody know where I might get something like that...???

Just got a Captain America on his Harley Davidson....given out by a local Harley Davidson shop. I will post pics tomorrow.

Back