Premium Format Morgul Lord Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Witch-king / Lord of the Nazgul PF! Link to waitlist in 1st post..

I was lucky enough to find one of these at a local store brand new still in the brown shipper for 265 dollars. I am going to have it modded like some of the great ones on the board.

Hi all....What is the weight on this bad boy? Is he hollow and light or a solid figure?

Hi all....What is the weight on this bad boy? Is he hollow and light or a solid figure?

Overall, the statue has some heft to it, not heavy but not feather light if that makes any sense :lol

The ML himself should be semi hollow. the base is huge but hollow.

Anyone have any comparison pics next to the original ML or Sauron or Lurtz? Just want to see size and color etc!

And be honest...in person the awkward pose less awkward???

Anyone have any comparison pics next to the original ML or Sauron or Lurtz? Just want to see size and color etc!

I'm sure that depends on the perspective but for me it looks the same to me, just as awkward but not more so.

I can take a pic later tonight in comparison to the SSW Scout Swordsman or the Lurtz PF but I don't have the original SSW ML, Lurtz or Sauron.

To me though it looks just as awkward in person as it did in the pictures and not to actual scale compared to the others. He's about the same size as the others and I believe he should be taller.

Yeah, the ML should have been taller. I can deal with the pose cuz he's still one bad boy! Good weight and heft to the piece.

My ML PF purchase

Gotta wake this thread up I guess...! I'm a newb to the figure collecting world for the most part, just thought I would throw in my $.02 about this guy.

This is my first PF, as soon as I saw it on SS I knew I had to have it. However, I was not expecting the price tag on these figures! :horror But for all their imposing size and detail, and after reading & watching several rave reviews, it didn't make me hesitate for long. So since I was pretty late to this party, both the Exclusive and the regular edition had long since sold out on SS and it was then on wait list status. I got onto both wait lists, but really didn't expect much since it was so long after. So once those orders cancelled, I figured I would take my search to the aftermarket. It turned out that right at that time there was an ebay seller in the U.S. with a regular edition willing to ship to Canada, and he was asking the original price + shipping and he did not mark up the shipping at all. Most of the other sellers were asking all kinds of different prices, so that was providence for me! Also the item had no bids, but no buy it now either. I planned to watch it carefully and bid wisely, and hoped to have little or no competition.

Unfortunately though, I missed out on bidding, as the item ended while I was at work - on my first day at a new job, and I did not have a chance to check on it of couse. :(

Luckily though, no one bid on the item! I guess these aren't really flying out the door now.. but I don't really care about demand for them, I just wanted one to call my own. So I communicated back and forth with the seller a little bit. I mentioned my regret on missing out and asked if he would re-list it anytime soon. He said no, this was I think the second time he said he listed the item and it had ended without any bids. A little odd, that. But I asked if he would consider doing the buy-it-now thing if I committed to buying it. Lo and behold he did! :D

So in the end I did get my ML, and he is a wonder! Flawless statue, the seller just had it on display a little while but wanted to sell it due to space constraints. It all panned out well for me in the end! :yess:

Despite some of the criticisms I see nothing really wrong with this guy. The pose is fitting, considering the maneuver he is attempting, like in the movie he has to swing that hella-big flail. I guess they could have picked a more iconic pose, but I don't mind it. This guy is big, imposing, and utterly evil looking! He lends a great air of menace to a corner of my theater room. I'll have to add some pics of him in there soon and you guys can check it out if you're interested.

Next is the Vlad the Impaler PF, I managed to buy the last one SS had in stock. Now I'm just jumping through hoops for their insane international payment confirmation processes, :cuckoo: and soon I will have a second evil-doer for my lair of darkness!! :devil

Congrats on the purchase...It's a great piece to own and looks great on display......Welcome aboard......:nazgul

Congrats on another great purchase.

Hey starmartyr, where abouts in Alberta are you? I'm in Calgary.

Hey Fremen, nice to see a fellow Albertan on here! Not sure how many there are. :wave

I'm from Edmonton and I live in Sherwood Park at this time. I've lived in or around Edmonton my whole life.

I do have many relatives in Calgary, and in fact if it wasn't for my parents' need to go to the U of A, I probably would have been born & raised in Calgary myself! Which I certainly wouldn't have minded.. I can freely admit it's a great city. :clap

Hey Fremen, nice to see a fellow Albertan on here! Not sure how many there are. :wave

I'm from Edmonton and I live in Sherwood Park at this time. I've lived in or around Edmonton my whole life.

I do have many relatives in Calgary, and in fact if it wasn't for my parents' need to go to the U of A, I probably would have been born & raised in Calgary myself! Which I certainly wouldn't have minded.. I can freely admit it's a great city. :clap
Edmonton :rock

Fremen, I just checked out your collection on photobucket... :thud:

:bow

Wow, just wow! I feel like such a total noob. How long have you been collecting??

You poor Edmonton ppl. I hear it was -36.5 without the windchill up there not to long ago. Hahaha! crazy.

I've been collecting for around 15 years. Photobucket isn't a good place to look at my collection as there are a few albums and that one has a lot of my dragons in it.

Here's my collection thread here
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101320
This is stuff applicable to this board.

So, are you going to get any other of the Lord of the Rings PFs to go with you Morgul Lord?

Back