Mordor Troll and Balrog of Moria Same Scale?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gondor59

Beacon Keeper
Reaction score
Based on the size of the Gondorian soldier being squeeeeeezed by the attack troll, I think the Troll and Balrog are to the same scale. What do you think?

There is a skull of a smashed orc or dwarf on the base of the balrog, maybe you can compare this skull to the size of the head of the squeeeeeezed Gondorian soldier?

goliath said:
There is a skull of a smashed orc or dwarf on the base of the balrog, maybe you can compare this skull to the size of the head of the squeeeeeezed Gondorian soldier?

They are similar in size, not much left of the poor orc though.

Thanks for the comparison pics, Gondor.

Here's another example showing how tiny the Original Balrog is. I always thought it was considerably bigger until seeing a pic of it next to a 1/6th scale figure statue. This pic only confirms it's dimunitive size.

Yeah, about the same size IMO. Just prooves cool stuff comes in small packages. The Original Rog is one of the best pieces from SSW and not to many people complain of it size.

Sorry if I came across as complaining, Josh. I only meant it as an observation from someone that doesn't have the piece and has not seen it in person.

I always pictured the statue as being bigger.

FlyAndFight said:
Sorry if I came across as complaining, Josh. I only meant it as an observation from someone that doesn't have the piece and has not seen it in person.

I always pictured the statue as being bigger.

No, I wasn't meaning you in anyway at all. I was just simply saying that cool statues can come in smaller packages.:D

Interesting! Now watch how quickly the battle troll will sell out, and ebay sellers will be listing it as 'the companion piece to the original Balrog!'

FrodoEyes said:
Interesting! Now watch how quickly the battle troll will sell out, and ebay sellers will be listing it as 'the companion piece to the original Balrog!'

You know that's gonna happen too.

If you look at Josh's signature picture, GTG only came up to the Balrog's knee. Nice try, but that Gondorian soldier is taller than the Balrog's knee. Also, if you recall the Cave Troll scene in Moria, the fellowship only came up to his thigh. So, the scale is off, unless you're looking at a short Balrog.

Calling Sideshow

Radagaster said:
If you look at Josh's signature picture, GTG only came up to the Balrog's knee. Nice try, but that Gondorian soldier is taller than the Balrog's knee. Also, if you recall the Cave Troll scene in Moria, the fellowship only came up to his thigh. So, the scale is off, unless you're looking at a short Balrog.

Good points.....hey Sideshow, can you settle this one for us????

I've got both pieces, and the Gondorian soldier in the grasp of the troll is pretty comparable to the orc corpse at the Balrog's feet. I like the two, displayed together. I might have to rearrange my display.. I currently have the cave troll bust & a pair of CT hammers on the same shelf as my battle troll. Hmmm.. such dilemmas!! :D

For me it looks like the same scale :banana
Will display them together...

re

Man, I never realised that the original Balrog was so small...
Can anyone give us a comparison pic of the Balrog and a bust please ? I would but I dont have a Balrog to compare :violin

Here is a pic of the Balrog, Sauron, and the CT all within close range you can see the size comparrison.

Just received the battle troll a few minutes ago. It is one sweet piece! I love it and have been waiting for months for it, while everyone was moaning over the size, I gotta tell ya, I think it's just great! Amazing sculpt and the base is really nice. I do believe it'll go very nicely with the baby rog. I don't think that you will appreciate this piece until you have it in hand, but I just love it and am not at all disappointed in it. :banana

FrodoEyes said:
Lol, any oppurtunity to show the big three hey Josh! :D

LOL Nah :D

Beruthiel said:
Just received the battle troll a few minutes ago. It is one sweet piece! I love it and have been waiting for months for it, while everyone was moaning over the size, I gotta tell ya, I think it's just great! Amazing sculpt and the base is really nice. I do believe it'll go very nicely with the baby rog. I don't think that you will appreciate this piece until you have it in hand, but I just love it and am not at all disappointed in it. :banana

I agree B. It really is very nice and over time it will be pretty well liked. I mean yeah I understand the size complaint, but if it's just looked at in the overall coolness it has I think it will be very liked.

Back