Mondo "The First Turtle" Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yanquiuxo

Freaked Out
Reaction score
image.jpg

image.jpg

In 1983, Kevin Eastman and Peter Laird were doodling on napkins, playing around with an idea that initially began as a joke. Little did they know what started as a sketch, would turn into the phenomena known as Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

We're proud to honor the history of the Turtles with a figure based on the very first illustration of a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, as drawn by Kevin Eastman. Featuring 5 points of articulation, and illustration-accurate details, The First Turtle is perfect for TMNT and comic history fans alike!

This deluxe version features an all Black & White paint scheme, imitating the original pen and napkin illustration, and includes 3 interchangeable heads with different mask colors - white, red, and orange. This version also includes a 5" x 7" letterpress print of the original Kevin Eastman art.

Mondo

I personally think this is pretty awesome and put an order in for the deluxe B&W version. May get one of the colored ones down the road as they will most likely be around for a while since it is an open pre-order.

Yeah...some things should not be made into figures. Also, it seems like every version of the Turtles is being made except the ones everyone wants.

Not any worse than the NECA figures. Just a niche item not everyone will go for. But close to $300 for all four for just a 6 inch figure? No thanks.

Yeah...some things should not be made into figures. Also, it seems like every version of the Turtles is being made except the ones everyone wants.
That's because Playmates holds the license for most Turtles products; companies have to get approval from them to produce given items. For example, Playmates allowed NECA to make their Turtles, but they couldn't be sold in places that would generally compete with their product. That's why TRU was one of the only places that had both.

That's why we're getting all these obscure versions, they're "okay" to make for the most part. Things like the 3Z 1/6 Turtles don't compete with Playmates, so they are fair game.
Not any worse than the NECA figures. Just a niche item not everyone will go for. But close to $300 for all four for just a 6 inch figure? No thanks.
Not any worse? The NECA Turtles are widely regarded as some of the best TMNT figures ever. People ask regularly if they are getting a rerelease, and even the bootlegs go for a decent penny on eBay.

threezero are doin Eastman style comic style 1/6 vers..... hopeful the later comic style when they are in proportion. neca covered the initial look with the big feet, good with those.

threezero are doin Eastman style comic style 1/6 vers..... hopeful the later comic style when they are in proportion.

Dude, where is this news? I haven't been keeping up with that company and had no idea they were planning on doing comic figures. I would be all over those. I mean how hard is it to reuse the same body and swap out the weapons. I cannot believe this hasn't been done before. And Hot Toys needs to get on the 1990 movie turtles.

put branded name on any stuff + slap Limited edition on any stuff , it still sold:slap

I am happy for those who want this version of the Turtles.
I'm glad Mondo is offering them.
Not my cup of tea, but to each their own.

Not any worse? The NECA Turtles are widely regarded as some of the best TMNT figures ever. People ask regularly if they are getting a rerelease, and even the bootlegs go for a decent penny on eBay.

:dunno I'm well aware of the popularity of the NECA figures. So you got representations of the turtles from the original comics. Now you have representations from the original sketches. Nothing wrong with that.

Back