Momtoys 1/6 Scale Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you don't wanna go down that Price is relative type of path, people like you is the reason why HT is charging $100 extra for their figures compared to few years back. Since A is selling for $300, it's reasonable for B to sell theirs at $200 which is relatively cheap.

Bull. The reason Hot Toys charges $100 more than they did a few years ago is because of all of us. Every single person who bought a figure from them in the past few years drove the prices up. If no one had bought figures when the price jumped to $230 or whatever the average is then Hot Toys would have gone back to their older pricing. We all voted for the new pricing with our wallets.

Bull. The reason Hot Toys charges $100 more than they did a few years ago is because of all of us. Every single person who bought a figure from them in the past few years drove the prices up. If no one had bought figures when the price jumped to $230 or whatever the average is then Hot Toys would have gone back to their older pricing. We all voted for the new pricing with our wallets.

People like you buy it because you know if you don't, you'll have to pay $500 for it later on should you want to purchase it later, when HT refuse to make more of them, in order to keep their brand demands up.

So people like you compare the possibility of having to pay $500 instead of their retail price which even though is now $100 more, is still "Relatively" cheap compared to after market price, that you "voted" on the new pricing with your wallets, in fear that you might "lose out" in the future, as such people who actually wants to make the purchase & those that simply "not sure about it" decide to Buy now Regret later, as such creating an artificial demand to the market, coupled with production limit HT applied, encourage even further purchase of their products by people who might not even be interested in this hobby and simply making their purchase in hope of making $300 profit.

If people would come into sense and purchase items that they actually want, the whole market wouldn't be in such negative condition, there will be sufficient supply & demand, and less opportunity for scalpers to drive up the price, and giving companies more reason to charge more on their products, simply because:"Hey, why let resellers profit out of it when we can take a bigger piece out of the pie", this in return drives the resell market price even higher up, until one day it becomes totally unaffordable for majority consumers that the interest starts to fade off & the market collapse.

Sure by then there will be a whole new set of hobby emerging, maybe self moving figures with A.I installed that turns what we have currently obsolete. Just like how G.I Joes became obsolete. It's a miracle for Barbie dolls to survive until this day without much change though.

But remember consumers like yourself is a key part in driving the prices up, resulting insufficient supply to meet the demands, as such 3rd parties come in and fill in the gap, but at the same time the same consumers like you condemn such act, and blaming them simply because companies refuse to produce more, i'm not saying it's right to sell recasts, but you have to understand if not them it's probably someone else, consumers wants what they want, whether tru legal or illegal way, they will want to get it as long as they can afford it. This is human nature. Sure righteous person like you may refuse to participate in such illegal act by sacrificing your urge, or willing to pay more for the original product, but you don't represent the majority of mankind. But unless you say you've never downloadad any illegal mp3 or movie files, that doesn't make you any holier.

People like you buy it because you know if you don't, you'll have to pay $500 for it later on should you want to purchase it later, when HT refuse to make more of them, in order to keep their brand demands up.

So people like you compare the possibility of having to pay $500 instead of their retail price which even though is now $100 more, is still "Relatively" cheap compared to after market price, that you "voted" on the new pricing with your wallets, in fear that you might "lose out" in the future, as such people who actually wants to make the purchase & those that simply "not sure about it" decide to Buy now Regret later, as such creating an artificial demand to the market, coupled with production limit HT applied, encourage even further purchase of their products by people who might not even be interested in this hobby and simply making their purchase in hope of making $300 profit.

If people would come into sense and purchase items that they actually want, the whole market wouldn't be in such negative condition, there will be sufficient supply & demand, and less opportunity for scalpers to drive up the price, and giving companies more reason to charge more on their products, simply because:"Hey, why let resellers profit out of it when we can take a bigger piece out of the pie", this in return drives the resell market price even higher up, until one day it becomes totally unaffordable for majority consumers that the interest starts to fade off & the market collapse.

Sure by then there will be a whole new set of hobby emerging, maybe self moving figures with A.I installed that turns what we have currently obsolete. Just like how G.I Joes became obsolete. It's a miracle for Barbie dolls to survive until this day without much change though.

But remember consumers like yourself is a key part in driving the prices up, resulting insufficient supply to meet the demands, as such 3rd parties come in and fill in the gap, but at the same time the same consumers like you condemn such act, and blaming them simply because companies refuse to produce more, i'm not saying it's right to sell recasts, but you have to understand if not them it's probably someone else, consumers wants what they want, whether tru legal or illegal way, they will want to get it as long as they can afford it. This is human nature. Sure righteous person like you may refuse to participate in such illegal act by sacrificing your urge, or willing to pay more for the original product, but you don't represent the majority of mankind. But unless you say you've never downloadad any illegal mp3 or movie files, that doesn't make you any holier.
Every time I get a raise at work, Hot Toy prices go up. Every time I get a raise I think to myself I can more easily afford'em, haha nope!

You're talking straight out your ass. You know nothing about me or how I decide what to buy. You're whole post is ridiculous. Smarter posters will spot the problem and laugh off it but normal posters will just cherish it like you cherishing yourself.

You're talking straight out your ass. You know nothing about me or how I decide what to buy. You're whole post is ridiculous. Smarter posters will spot the problem and laugh off it but normal posters will just cherish it like you cherishing yourself.

you need to get it straight, you don't represent the majority of the people, yes you vote with your thick wallet but there are many new comers wanting to get a piece and couldn't even if they are willing to pay for the full price HT is asking, so 3rd parties come in and fulfill the demand, and from what i see here, they did a great job, you thinking it's ok to pay $1k after market price doesn't mean other people is willing or can afford, as such they just go for whatever that can suffice their needs.

i don't support bootleg or unlicensed products, but that is how the world works. if there is a demand, sooner or later someone's gonna try to fill in the gaps.

and if a company can but refuse to produce more simply in hope they can keep their brand Hype up, i say they deserve it by taking their customers as hostages.

if you felt purchasing recast is a shameful act, you should get the mods to remove this thread and also posts discussing about recasts in HT Vito thread.

I know the board forbids talking about Art Figures Dredd simply because it was an unlicensed product, despite it being a good figure, so i don't see why Momtoys can get special exceptions.

It helps if you actually read what others post before commenting. You said The Godfather kit was too expensive. I said the Hot Toys version is $1000 so compared to that this kit is reasonably priced. Where was I saying that people should buy the Hot Toys version? If you check near the beginning of the thread I said I own the MOMToys Godfather. It's sitting on my shelf right next to Indiana Jones and you know what? I really like it which is why I bought it! I wish I had the Hot Toys one but this one will do. Where you got the idea that I'm against recasts and some rich collector scooping up every release I don't know.

I have 14 Hot Toys figures bought or received as a gift over the last 8 months or so. To buy those figures I made a lot of sacrifices, not going out for dinner as often or holding off on buying a movie I wanted or whatever. Every single figure in my Detolf was bought after days, if not weeks of consideration. A standard Hot Toys figure is about $300 here. I don't make enough for these to be an impulse purchase, I don't make enough to buy every single figure I want, I buy only the ones I really want and I buy them for me, not to resell.

I have exactly one Hot Toys figure on preorder, Marty McFly and out of everything we know they're releasing this year I plan on buying one more figure, Avengers 2 Cap to finsh off the 4 main Avengers. If that makes me some wealthy collector destroying the entire community then the industry is doomed anyway.

But it's probably easier for you to just ignore everything I said and make up your own ideas about me, isn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back