Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This might be a little much to hope for, but I hope we see TDKR Green Arrow as well. Maybe as an exclusive or something.

This is probably the most overpriced 7" line of figures I've seen in my life .... Even with the fabric, it's just too much to justify paying almost $70 plus shipping for this tiny figure.

This is probably the most overpriced 7" line of figures I've seen in my life .... Even with the fabric, it's just too much to justify paying almost $70 plus shipping for this tiny figure.

The 12" Hot Toys are $230-350 so compared to that it's not too bad

And Hot Toys is overpriced in the 12" and 18" department compared to DC Multiverse and NECA, yes?

Some 6" figures are nearing the $25 price range -- with poor sculpts, sloppy paint, poor articulation, little to no accessories, and in blister packs you have to tear apart.

Mezco 1/12 has well-engineered body with articulation comparable to a Hot Toys True Type, very good paint job and sculpts, well-made tailoring, and premium packaging similar to Hot Toys.

You get what you pay for. You want cheap, then expect less :)

I do wish these were cheaper, but there's no real point of comparison—as far as I'm aware, nobody has attempted something like this before. The closest thing I know of is ThreeA's 1/12 figures, but those aren't from pop culture IPs.

That said, let's take ThreeA as a benchmark. The older retail 1/12 humans sell for $40–50 now, packaged on a blister card with no accessories and cloth clothes. The newer ones—that's Dredd and the other Judges—typically come with three pairs of hands give or take one, a couple of accessories and a cloth outfit, packed on a blister. The Mezco figures come in sturdier, collector-friendly packaging (as someone who doesn't enjoy waving a craft knife around my packaging, I appreciate this), with more than one headsculpt, at least three accessories, five or six pairs of hands and a stand.

So the $20 difference between the two is, on average: one or two additional heads, one or two additional pairs of hands, at least two more accessories, and a figure stand.

And Hot Toys is overpriced in the 12" and 18" department compared to DC Multiverse and NECA, yes?

Some 6" figures are nearing the $25 price range -- with poor sculpts, sloppy paint, poor articulation, little to no accessories, and in blister packs you have to tear apart.

Mezco 1/12 has well-engineered body with articulation comparable to a Hot Toys True Type, very good paint job and sculpts, well-made tailoring, and premium packaging similar to Hot Toys.

You get what you pay for. You want cheap, then expect less :)

I haven't seen any of the DC multiverse figures but the NECA stuff I've seen is poor quality. Maybe I've seen the wrong figures but their stuff is always underwhelming.

I think the Captain Marvel looks amazing. The Flash unfortunately needs a little more work. They need to come up with a better lightning belt and glove decoration. But otherwise very nice. I think these could make some regular DC Direct, Mattel etc. 6" figure collectors in to high end 6" collectors.

Back