Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has to either be a variant or they are just going to show it officially but not have it read to buy yet.

Boy. I really screwed up by canceling my preorder for this. I knew I was gonna regret it, but can't believe how the prices have skyrocketed on these. Live and learn, I guess. Found one on eBay that wasn't too outrageous. Just preordered Dredd and I'm definitely not canceling that one.

I hope that the Mutant Leader isn't a exclusive. That would ruin the line for me right there. I want him to pose with Batman.

Given the fact we've had five variants of Batman already, I really doubt the only way to get the Mutant Leader will be through SDCC. It might just mean you can get him early if you pick him up at SDCC, or it might be a "muddy" variant, or a variant in prison clothes or with an alternate head with a bloody face from ripping out the mayor's throat. But I'll be shocked if Mezco doesn't milk a few variants out of it - that's the easiest way to make a profit off action figures these days. And the Mutant Leader is arguably even easier than Batman to make variants of since his fabric parts are negligible.

And given how little fabric he has, I'm curious to see how whether he's cheaper than Batman or comes with a lot of accessories to justify the $65 price tag. I have to guess we'll get the torch, a crowbar and at least one alternate head (with no glasses and a broken nose).

SDCC

The One:12 Collective Limited Edition Summer Exclusive The Dark Knight Returns Deluxe Boxed Set

Few thoughts ...

1. Can this be the only way to get the Mutant leader ?

2. The batman is beat up which is cool but WRONG COLOR... He was in black ( I guess that was the cover tho)

3. Not a fan of this set overall... A beat up batman and untouched mutant leader??? I am selling off my PX keeping my black and Grey and I'm out for the line... It's becoming a headache.... Frank millers batman is the black and Grey anyway... If they sell the mutant leader as a single id love to get it but I'm not paying $150

Damaged Batman should have the yellow oval I think. That was their first fight wasn't it?

Just as predicted, Mezco is getting pretty obnoxious with their variants and exclusives. Hopefully they have more to show at SDCC then just TDKR and Dredd. I don't want to sound cynical (I love my two TDKR Batman figures), but if all they have to offer for their ONE:12 line each year are 5 variants of one or two characters, I don't see the line lasting very long.

And given how little fabric he has, I'm curious to see how whether he's cheaper than Batman or comes with a lot of accessories to justify the $65 price tag. I have to guess we'll get the torch, a crowbar and at least one alternate head (with no glasses and a broken nose).

Well, seeing as they raised the PRCC Exc to $75 I am guessing Mutant Leader will be at least $65.

This will not be the only way to get the Mutant Leader. The website text states:

- Exclusive "first look” Mutant Leader with a variant dirtied up paint application to enhance the realistic battle in the junk yard, alternate hands and crowbar accessory.

That "first look" obviously means we will be getting more variants of the character.

Battle damaged Batman looks cool. Maybe I'll dump 1-2 of the others and try for this one. I don't think I need that many Batman figs.

They keep selling out and going for more on the secondary market so I'm honestly not surprised at the number of variants. I am going to try for this as I really like having the complete display with the base available in one set.

Not sure what other variant they could do after this, maybe a cowl-less sculpt with Bruce Wayne head? And of course a batman in armour ready to fight superman, I imagine that would sell really well.

Not sure what other variant they could do after this, maybe a cowl-less sculpt with Bruce Wayne head? And of course a batman in armour ready to fight superman, I imagine that would sell really well.

I think it would be awesome if they did a two-pack from the mud pits.

I'm going to order this tomorrow in case the supplies are super limited at SDCC.

Looks like a nice set, apart from Bats having the wrong colored suit (guess we know why the PX one was so readily available), not sure I will buy another Mutant Leader separate.

I'd love to see them do Bruno! :yess:

Not happy about yet another exclusive variant. I would much rather see Mezco move on to some other characters instead of pumping out variant after variant. Thought from what I gather this is a pretty common thing for Mezco to do.

Back