Action Figure Mezco One:12 Collective - (1:12 scale) DC Comics Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived today from BBTS. Got the blue with yellow oval. Man, is it a perfect figure. It's so much fun to play with. It'll stay on my desk for quite a while before I actually display it on the shelf. Wish I ordered the Mezco exclusive version, too.

Here's hoping they re-release at least the black and gray when the Mutant Leader is released.

I'd even buy a mud-covered variant...

Yeah, I think at some point a lot of toy collectors cross that line into "hoarding." Army building is a little bit of a grey area, but I think that right there is a clear case of someone trying to quiet the demons in his head by buying so many of the same figure.

I just read on a Transformers website that a guy buys 5 of each Masterpiece release. One for robot mode, one for alt mode, one to keep MIB....and 2 more to keep MIB "just in case."

I actually felt kinda bad for ordering the Mezco exclusive cause in my mind it's rather redundant if you have the other two, but I went ahead and got it anyway. I'm glad I was able to stop at one of each.

Couple of years ago I dabbled in hoarding. My younger collecting self would have surely bought multiples of this Batman to cover each look option available along with the looks from the comic and a few extras "just in case". It really is a frivolous OCD when you think about it. Hell, I still have about a dozen of the rarer Kenner Batman figures (like Combat Belt Batman or the 1990 TDKC Batmobile) that I hoarded at the time.

Then one day I snapped out of it when one day I took a nice, long look at my collection and saw boxes and boxes of crap I had that were identical. It was a waste. I quit getting multiples to cover all the different options available. I picked my favorite look and left it at that. With these Mezco Batman figures, Mezco made the choice to get one and only one of each variation quite simple. The boxes are just like Hot Toys, they're collector friendly and unsealed. You can literally take it in and out of the box without it ever being "used" or open. I'd you want it to be brand new again, just pack it up and put it on the clear bag. The second thing they did was make it easy to switch out. The heads pop out easily, the boot pops out easily, ROTC. It takes a few seconds to change him from a gun carrying Batman with an ammo strap to a fisted brawler.

It also makes displays a helluva lot cleaner when you don't buy multiples.

Yeah, I think at some point a lot of toy collectors cross that line into "hoarding." Army building is a little bit of a grey area, but I think that right there is a clear case of someone trying to quiet the demons in his head by buying so many of the same figure.

I just read on a Transformers website that a guy buys 5 of each Masterpiece release. One for robot mode, one for alt mode, one to keep MIB....and 2 more to keep MIB "just in case."

I actually felt kinda bad for ordering the Mezco exclusive cause in my mind it's rather redundant if you have the other two, but I went ahead and got it anyway. I'm glad I was able to stop at one of each.

The only reason I will stop at one each is because I know this is just the beginning. Mezco knows now these are a hit. And now they know they can make more with improvements such as better ankle articulation, softer gauntlets to allow more arm bend, perhaps a more comfortable cape accessory etc.

Of course they can get away with a battle damaged mutant fight or armored Bats now that they know the formula works and collectors want it.

Of course having the base first run figures are always worth it. But at the price point, even though it's reasonable in the long run, I don't think it's worth it just yet to make it a " Army building " product just yet.

I'd still suggest waiting to enforce that idea until after the " Mutant leader " two pack comes out because that will determine if they will plan to come out with any other characters such as Supes, CK Robin and Joker.

Or a deluxe style redo of this Bats with improvements

Although I see at least a Supes, Robin and Joker coming out of this line, even with they say they won't go to extreme with the concept.:lecture

Somebody just asked on twitter if there was a chance for more Batman One:12 at SDCC and the reply was "I believe so." Not sure if that is more Batman himself or just more Returns characters.

Well we know a one:12 1989 Keaton Batman is definitely coming according to Mezco. Unless they mean more TDKR variants.

Somebody just asked on twitter if there was a chance for more Batman One:12 at SDCC and the reply was "I believe so." Not sure if that is more Batman himself or just more Returns characters.

At the moment, there's one more figure in development from the TDKR line that hasn't been shown, meaning: besides the mutant leader, after that they said they will definitely do more, but they didn't say when.

the base that came with the marvel select bucky cap works very well! also was a few that came with dif spiderman figs via toybiz over the yrs that work.

Yeah, I think at some point a lot of toy collectors cross that line into "hoarding." Army building is a little bit of a grey area, [...]

I can't speak for anyone else; for myself it depends on the scale. At 1:12 I can see 5-8 maximum of an army builder before the figures become visually meaningless for me.

I've discovered at 1:6 I can do 2-5 maximum, but 2-4 is more comfortable.

[...] I'm glad I was able to stop at one of each.

I actually bailed on this figure. I love it, but it's not *quite* the ultimate Batman for me so I decided I didn't want to head down this rabbit hole.

I'm watching this thread and this line closely however...chances are they'll come out with something I really want in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up this figure on ebay 78 bucks shipped. Steep price but this figure is awesome looking and I can't wait to have it in hand. Amazing photos guys! Can't wait to see what other figures this company has lined up

The grappling hook can hold him up if you finagle it correctly. :)

c53fe21cdd2b178d953242cfbcf309f3.jpg

At the moment, there's one more figure in development from the TDKR line that hasn't been shown, meaning: besides the mutant leader, after that they said they will definitely do more, but they didn't say when.

I'd love some batman year one if they did them.

Back