Mezco lost the license to friday the 13th and nightmare on elm street

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They did that with The Crow too. Same figure in 18", then in 7", then a 7" box set with the same figure TWICE! One just had no makeup or shirt or jacket but still the same figure. Then a mini bust of the same figure just from the shoulders up. Then a box set with Eric and Top Dollar that they then sold as a statue and sold the Eric seperately as a cult classics. Then they did the same figure again without a shirt and with makeup for a cult classics. :banghead :banghead

I was at the Mezco booth when a group of angry HEROES fangirls came up inquiring about the now-dead HEROES toy line. It was interesting, to say the least.

Sounds like Mezco puts all of their eggs into a single basket (Toys R Us). That's a shame. They should be modeled more like NECA.

Not saying HEROES was exclusive to TRU, but lack of interest from them alone in the future waves is what killed the line.

Ah, sorry... That's not exactly it, but TRU was a big buyer, and with them backing out the other retailers weren't enough to justify the series... but, if by some act of god season 4 rejuvenates the show, there could be a future for the line...

However, the last 2 seasons haven't given me much faith in the next season...

I personally thought Mezco did a pretty good job on there 7" figures especially there Jason pt. 3 and 4. Those are must haves. I mean for 7" figures the sculpts plus the amount of articulation gave you the best of both worlds. I cant say so much for there
12" pt.7...that thing is crap if you ask me. Top half is decent bottom half is vinyl and I hated it.

Im just praying for a pt 3 PF. That would be ideal and maybe some various 18" jasons from NECA.

I want a stylized Mezco 9" Michael Myers!

And an official Red Ryder carbine-action, two-hundred-shot, range model air rifle!

Back