Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had no idea stuff was cut from the game, makes sense since most games get a downgrade, I remember MGS4 looked quite different from demos as well.

Hopefully nothing like Watchdogs, but I guess I'll find out soon, I'm on mission 41, should be finishing up tomorrow.

Just a footnote, if you travel from one platform to another you do get a flyby of your base, you even go around the last platform 3 times which is kind of annoying, but MB does look a lot more lively in that demo, and it's on PS3 right?

This is a whole lot worse, probably even worse than Watchdogs. If you want to see the true ending to MGS V, you're out of luck, because even the final chapter, called "Peace", was completely cut from the game. It's on the Collector's Edition Blu Ray (or YouTube), with a cutscene that's 33% "complete". It even has voice overs with Kiefer and the rest of the cast. Either KojiPro ran out of time, or they blew their budget and couldn't include it... you can't just shrug this off as a typical downgrade - leave **** like that to Konami's PR.

Everything looks more lively in the game demo. Venom Snake even shakes the dust off his hands when he's climbing the crack on the cliff. I've never seen that before while I was playing. The waterfall looks a lot more realistic in the demo, too.

I think if Kojima had another year to work on this, it would've been perfect :lol.

Last edited:
Yup. There's a twist that happens later in the game, and as a minor spoiler, you're several missions away from seeing it. I won't call it an appropriate ending, but it's unfortunately the ending for MGS V. It's a shame that Chapter 3 never made it in the game, because it would've made for a truly epic conclusion.

God damn, now I have the urge to fire up MGSV again to see what's what. And I can barely type right now cause I'm sleepy :lol

My gut reaction tells me it really wasn't Kojima's fault, at least creatively speaking, Konami's plan to abandon gaming doesn't happen overnight, I imagine when Kojima was deep in development Konami told him, "we're leaving console gaming, you have a year and a half to finish the game, figure it out.... Oh I almost forgot, budget cuts".

As much as you don't like where the franchise was heading creatively speaking, Kojima isn't one to leave things unpolished and incomplete.

But that's my gut reaction to hearing this. I'm dropping dead now :lol

Yeah, it's very much unlike Kojima to leave things incomplete. Complaints about the storyline aside, when the man makes a game, he makes a beautiful game and he takes pride in it. There are even some parts of MGS V, that I doubt were even directed by him - like Skull Face's monologue, where Donna Burke just bursts out singing out of the blue. That was very awkward, to say the least, and it lacked the cinematic flare you'd expect from Kojima.

I think he did the best with whatever time he had left. But, he should've really been more attentive since 2010 when this game was being developed. Five years in development, and we've got an incomplete game... it's very disappointing.

Yeah I noticed that too.

Skullface was having his big exposition moment (in fact, probably the only one that wasn't in a tape) and then all of the sudden, Donna Burke :lol it was such odd timing, like filler while they reached Sahelanthropus location.

I think we missed the dialog where Skull Face said, "...Whhiirds can kill. In fact, I've even made a song out of it. Care to listen, Snake? Lieutenant, play my mixtape. Side B. Soon the entire whhhhirrrllld will understand these whiiirrrds"

For some reason, I disposed of a nuke yesterday and turned the game off. I booted it up again and I still have it :lol

I read your base looked nuclear for a little while after disposing, but this was 12 hours later and it said I could dispose of it again. I even went to my FOB and it was on the command deck.

Well I still got the trophy for it :yess:

Donald Plissken knows his real estate. His Mother Base is beautiful and YOOGE! It even has nukes. It's the best.

Now, let me tell you about that guy Gaspar Zizou. Nice guy, but low energy. I mean, loooooooooow energy. Who do you want negotiating with captured soldiers? Donald Plissken is always high energy. Gaspar can't even Fulton sheep.

Last edited:
There's so many rumors that you can nuke other bases... you can't. It only keeps people from under 150,000 Heroism invading you.

I really wish I could add you guys to my supported PFs. I had a bunch of supporters I didn't even know about, a good dozen. I supported them back, so whenever they're invaded I can join in and defend them. I did a few of those.

I'm building my FOB now, so I dunno, maybe we'll meet up at random some day. It's pretty retarded you can't even visit your friends.

Just stick to defense, and dump all your resources into it. Unless you're infiltrating a newb FOB, don't bother. Level 44 FOB platforms are next to impossible.

Cool, cheers.
I have only infiltrated 1 and I managed to do it. Only 1 has successfully infiltrated mine.
A few failed including some guy who knew what he was doing from the look of it (planting mines on both steps to objective until alarm stopped) but I was playing and got to him in time.
He killed me a few times but I clocked him hanging and grenade launched him all over the base till he died (felt like an age).
Proper exhilarating, don't think me poor heartses could take that again.

I'm just starting to get into FOB right now, so far I'm liking it far more than I expected.

Back