Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing, its just cool to “meh” at everything these days.

Yongyea’s videos are great, I don’t know how people can say he makes these videos for nothing when he figured out half the plot of GZ before it came out, and has given a lot of info on TPP as well.

Maybe thats why some people here got fooled by that horrible fan fiction fake leak the other day :lol

Yong data-mines his theories and information from other places on the net like "MGS forums", and compiles them into videos. Personally, I'd rather avoid being spoon-fed by guys like him (especially with possible spoiler material). I think it's better to shoot the **** and discuss things on a forum like SSF, with other like-minded fans.

Sometimes he does, I don’t care where he gets and cites his info from, his videos are a convenient way of staying up to date with all the info and rumors on the game. Strange someone doesn’t want the fun taken out of theorizing with fellow gamers by being “spoon fed” by Yongyea’s informative videos, yet they read a possible real script of the game as soon as it leaks, their would have been no more “shooting the ****” if that leaked script turned out to be real :cuckoo:

It's no secret YongYea's work is only compilation and re transmission, and it was beyond obvious he was going to make that video, he has not missed a single bit of information regarding MGSV and the videos are as long as it takes him to re transmit the information, I don't see a problem with that. :dunno

Yeah I like to discuss the **** here too, but let's be honest, none of the theories circulating the webs came from this place, we've been discussing the same theories Yong has been re-transmitting.

Sometimes he does, I don’t care where he gets and cites his info from, his videos are a convenient way of staying up to date with all the info and rumors on the game. Strange someone doesn’t want the fun taken out of theorizing with fellow gamers by being “spoon fed” by Yongyea’s informative videos, yet they read a possible real script of the game as soon as it leaks, their would have been no more “shooting the ****” if that leaked script turned out to be real :cuckoo:

I was intrigued enough to look it up. But, like I said before, there was a possibility that 90% of the material were pure conjecture, especially since KojiPro would have been foolish to not keep their entire script under close guard.

You are seriously the most infuriating person I've ever met on the Internet. And I'm not even kidding about that.

It's no secret YongYea's work is only compilation and re transmission, and it was beyond obvious he was going to make that video, he has not missed a single bit of information regarding MGSV and the videos are as long as it takes him to re transmit the information, I don't see a problem with that. :dunno

Yeah I like to discuss the **** here too, but let's be honest, none of the theories circulating the webs came from this place, we've been discussing the same theories Yong has been re-transmitting.

If that was the case, then we might as well just ditch the thread, and congregate over to YouTube to hang out in the comment section of Yong's videos :dunno.

So, we should ditch the thread because our discussions here didn't go viral? :dunno

We should ditch every thread in these boards then, **** everything.

That's not what I'm saying. But, this thread doesn't exist to just give credit to Yong and other guys like him. It's called a discussion forum for a reason.

I was intrigued enough to look it up. But, like I said before, there was a possibility that 90% of the material were pure conjecture, especially since KojiPro would have been foolish to not keep their entire script under close guard.

You are seriously the most infuriating person I've ever met on the Internet. And I'm not even kidding about that.

I get along with pretty much everyone here, but you seem to have it out for me, especially today trying to bait me into arguments in the collectibles thread, and constantly making passive aggressive statements, should I just ignore it?

Anyway, this is obviously a case of Yongyea’s videos getting very popular around the web, and the cool kids now have to “meh” at his videos.

Yeah, and we do discuss here.

I just don't see the problem with a dude on Youtube making videos about things we also discuss here, I mean, Yong's videos aren't the only ones we share here anyhow.

What does it really matter if somebody thinks the videos are lame though, honestly?

Other than the obvious reason to start something up because you have a problem with someone having a problem with something??

Ignorance is bliss. You should maybe try it if it bothers you.

I have no problem with anyone that thinks his videos are lame, we’re just discussing why that is.

I get along with pretty much everyone here, but you seem to have it out for me, especially today trying to bait me into arguments in the collectibles thread, and constantly making passive aggressive statements, should I just ignore it?

Anyway, this is obviously a case of Yongyea’s videos getting very popular around the web, and the cool kids now have to “meh” at his videos.

You'd be foolish to think that most people here "get along" with you, and that they've made their peace :lol. They'd just rather not talk to you, to avoid conflict for the millionth time. And what's happening here (again), and is a prime example of that.

But, if you are posting pictures in the collectibles thread, then at least clarify where you got the pictures from to avoid any misunderstandings. I don't see how I was being passive aggressive and baiting arguments by telling you that :dunno. And the fact is, that I think Jason should consider water marking his photos since they can be so easily lifted from Google.

Yeah, and we do discuss here.

I just don't see the problem with a dude on Youtube making videos about things we also discuss here, I mean, Yong's videos aren't the only ones we share here anyhow.

Whether you watch him or not is your prerogative, man. But, for the most part, I like to get most of my information from the games as my primary source and discuss things from there. It is fun reading theories and what not. But, it really defeats the purpose of a discussion thread if we're all just waiting for Young or some other reviewer to spoon feed us information on things all the time. Like I said, we might as well hang out on Yong's YouTube page and ditch the thread if we're just waiting for his compilations of data-mined theories.

On a side, I just think that if Yong and his ilk were being judged by academic standards, he would have been cited for plagiarism on multiple counts :lol.

Last edited:
Nah, I don't have a problem with Solidus, he knows it, nor I want to start anything.

I just don't see the reason to hate a platform that re-transmits information, we basically get all the info in these boards from someone re-transmitting someone else.

Nah, I don't have a problem with Solidus, he knows it, nor I want to start anything.

I just don't see the reason to hate a platform that re-transmits information, we basically get all the info in these boards from someone re-transmitting someone else.

All I'm saying, is that if you're going the eee-yonn-gahh way, then it's best to do it in moderation - just for the sake of having a relevant discussion thread, instead of having it turned into an extension of Yong's comment page. I know that we've had a lot of discussions here in the past that have delved on some things conjured by ourselves. I can honestly respect that kind of information a lot more.

You'd be foolish to think that most people here "get along" with you, and that they've made their peace :lol. They'd just rather not talk to you, to avoid conflict for the millionth time. And what's happening here (again), and is a prime example of that.

But, if you are posting pictures in the collectibles thread, then at least clarify where you got the pictures from to avoid any misunderstandings. I don't see how I was being passive aggressive and baiting arguments by telling you that :dunno.

I’m talking about on all of SSF, obviously here I know most of your buddies don’t like me, but I also don’t insult them, or try to bait them into arguments.

I thought by my stating I don’t know where those figures were anymore, was implying the pictures were obviously not mine, but I was talking about before that with the “what collection” response you gave me. That was unnecessary, obviously you were trying to provoke me into and argument in that thread to prove I somehow am the problem here.

The same can be said for you by the way, you think I’m stalking you into every page you talk crap about me in, but really I get private messages from guys in those threads that give me the heads up. You’re not very liked here yourself. I’ve told you I’ve gotten plenty of messages about you in this thread.

Lets just ignore each other and leave it at that, stop with the subliminal insults, and trying to bait me into arguments, and we don’t have to ever speak.

Whether you watch him or not is your prerogative, man. But, for the most part, I like to get most of my information from the games as my primary source and discuss things from there. It is fun reading theories and what not. But, it really defeats the purpose of a discussion thread if we're all just waiting for Young or some other reviewer to spoon feed us information on things.

I just think that if Yong and his ilk were being graded by academic standards, he would have been cited for plagiarism on multiple counts :lol.

And so would everybody else other than the original source.

I actually dislike his EEEEYOOOONGAAAYEEAH and I rarely watch his videos about theories, I only watch his news compilations, I just don't see the problem on what he does.

No one waits for that guy's videos, nor anyone else's videos since Yong isn't the only source we share around here.

Honestly, almost none of our discussions are based nor start with Yong's videos, they all start with info from previous games and news for MGSV.

Anyway, apart from news and rumors, there isn't much to talk about MGSV, other than it's possible connection with previous games and the little story of GZ.

All I'm saying, is that if you're going the eee-yonn-gahh way, that it's best to do it in moderation - just for the sake of having a relevant discussion thread, and not an extension of Yong's comment page. I know that we've a lot of discussions here in the past that have delved on some things that weren't in YouTube vids. I can honestly respect that kind of information a lot more.

Yeah for sure, I mean, Yong's videos don't invite debate, when I play them I usually do it as background noise while I do other stuff :lol

I’m talking about on all of SSF, obviously here I know most of your buddies don’t like me, but I also don’t insult them, or try to bait them into arguments.

I thought by my stating I don’t know where those figures were anymore, was implying the pictures were obviously not mine, but I was talking about before that with the “what collection” response you gave me. That was unnecessary, obviously you were trying to provoke me into and argument in that thread to prove I somehow am the problem here.

The same can be said for you by the way, you think I’m stalking you into every page you talk crap about me in, but really I get private messages from guys in those threads that give me the heads up. You’re not very liked here yourself. I’ve told you I’ve gotten plenty of messages about you in this thread.

Lets just ignore each other and leave it at that, stop with the subliminal insults, and trying to bait me into arguments, and we don’t have to ever speak.

Okay, time to spill the beans. Who are these guys you keep mentioning, and why the hell would they message you of all people about me and others? :lol Let's have some names, so if there are any two-faced people on my friend list, I'll be sure to remove them. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I've been on SSF for six years, posted collectibles, discussed the games, and hosted MGS signing get-togethers where I've met other forum members, and it has been a very positive experience. With that said, arguments do get thrown (like in every other thread), but if I have ever made any serious enemies here (aside from your buddy with the Joakim Mogren avatar) then that's news to me.

The fact is, that you were following me around. If I visited a new thread, and refreshed the visitors page there's "pturtle" under the list of recent visitors. It didn't matter if it was Other Topics, The Sandbox, the Introduction forum :rotfl.

And to your last point, absolutely! :clap. Now you're talking my language. Although, I would have preferred if you would have just hauled your butt over to MGS forums, that'll cater more to your views on MGS V, and leave this place - since I really have no idea why you even hang out here in the first place.

Last edited:
Back