Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am so pumped to play it tomorrow ! I don't care about all the negative comments about. still a metal gear game and I am playing it all.

Preach! Honestly it all depends on what you expect, I already got 10 hours out of the game, and I'm still excited to boot it up and play every night I get home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I am so pumped to play it tomorrow ! I don't care about all the negative comments about. still a metal gear game and I am playing it all.

Well, look who's back.

joker-clap-hq.gif

No seriously, where you've been Ray?

Last edited:
Toys r us has a promo giving a $10 Giftcard with purchase of this, however the ad only shows a picture xbox360 version. I wonder if that deal is valid for all versions.

Thanks for posting, Gasp. That's a pretty low score compared to what we'd expect from a MGS game, and I have to be honest, I'm pretty surprised about that. I guess it's all the more reason for why Kojima should have packaged this thing together with TPP.

No problem, yup, both gave it the same score and the weight of the story was the definitive factor for that score, which was in turn hindered by the length of the game, I think.

I'm kinda not surprised, a 10 would have surprised me, since I've had the lingering feeling this is a glorified demo, and it serves the purpose of "training" gamers for the actual full game.

Oh thanks IGN, now I know where Paz is! :mad:

They mentioned that the ending is more of a shock value approach, and keep repeating that this is the MGS for "modern tastes" which makes me intrigued if this the right direction for the series. Looking forward to play this and come up with my own verdict.

We have "known" where she and Chico are from trailers and stuff :lol but I still don't know where that place is, I didn't see anything in the review video, maybe I missed it.

I just hope that TPP feels like a "full" game with a substantial storyline, as the story is the main reason for why I even play MGS.

As for GZ, whenever I buy it, I'll probably play it once and give it a rest :lol. The side-missions don't really seem all that interesting to me, as I stick religiously to a stealth/non-lethal approach in any MGS game. That said, seeing Big Boss blow up buildings and going gung-ho in a sneaking suit looks incredibly weird.

Beat you! :lol :1-1:

:lol

I just hope that TPP feels like a "full" game with a substantial storyline. The story is the main reason for why I even play MGS.

As for GZ, whenever I buy it, I'll probably play it once and give it a rest :lol. The side-missions don't really seem all that interesting to me, as I stick religiously to a stealth/non-lethal approach in any MGS game. Seeing Big Boss blow up buildings and go gung-ho in a sneaking suit looks incredibly weird.

It's made to appeal to the modern gamer I guess.

Regardless, it indeed is Peace Walker 2. Peace Walker really pushed my patience for grinding the same levels over and over to the absolute limit.

I agree with both the scores, I think this game getting an 8 on gamespot is a testament to how great the gameplay is. There was one thing I hated about the ending, but it was very minor, and I doubt thats what IGN was talking about. I thought the ending was incredible, and I didn’t really find it shocking at all, but instead, well directed and incredibly intense.

I’m glad both sites appreciated the voice acting from Kiefer Sutherland, they understand this is a more grounded, realistic Snake, and I think KS nails the part. I think the scores given were fair, and pretty damn good for such a “small” game. I hope the rest of the scores remain solid.

Well, you could still blow **** up in MGS4 too, I don't mind the option of going full retard, as long as the game heavily encourages you to go stealthy, which apparently it does.

:lol

It's made to appeal to the modern gamer I guess.

Regardless, it indeed is Peace Walker 2. Peace Walker really pushed my patience for grinding the same levels over and over to the absolute limit.

This is like the emo Metal Gear Solid game. Much dark, so revenge, very little plot :rotfl.

The grinding in PW was annoying as heck. But, replaying the AI missions with upgraded equipment was kind of fun - in the sense, that I was farming for AI boards to upgrade ZEKE.

I agree with both the scores, I think this game getting an 8 on gamespot is a testament to how great the gameplay is. There was one thing I hated about the ending, but it was very minor, and I doubt thats what IGN was talking about. I thought the ending was incredible, and I didn’t really find it shocking at all, but instead, well directed and incredibly intense.

I’m glad both sites appreciated the voice acting from Kiefer Sutherland, they understand this is a more grounded, realistic Snake, and I think KS nails the part. I think the scores given were fair, and pretty damn good for such a “small” game. I hope the rest of the scores remain solid.

I haven't played GZ, of course. But, to chime in, I think Kiefer may sound more "realistic" because he provided motion captures for Big Boss's face, and the newly developed FOX engine allowed for a better cohesion of facial movement and voice delivery. So, I don't think it has anything to do with Kiefer's acting skills, as much how the technology now enables voice actors to sound and "look" more realistic. I'm sure it would have been the safe effect if Hayter was involved as well.

Well, you could still blow **** up in MGS4 too, I don't mind the option of going full retard, as long as the game heavily encourages you to go stealthy, which apparently it does.

In hard mode, stealth is necessary. Normal mode you can wipe out everyone.

Gametrailers gave it an 8.5.

CVG gave is a 7

https://kotaku.com/metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-the-kotaku-review-1544979401

psm gave it an 8.

Recommended the game, and also like KS as Snake.

Most of these reviews are pretty much the same.

I haven't played GZ, of course. But, to chime in, I think Kiefer may sound more "realistic" because he provided motion captures for Big Boss's face, and the newly developed FOX engine allowed for a better cohesion of facial movement and voice delivery. So, I don't think it has anything to do with Kiefer's acting skills, as much how the technology now enables voice actors to sound and "look" more realistic. I'm sure it would have been the safe effect if Hayter was involved as well.

Thats a fair assessment, but the VA isn’t perfect, some of the other characters still sound a bit anime-ish, KS on the other hand kept the same tone the whole game, even when he was delivering jokes. It’s totally subjective, but I thought he did a great job, I’m sure there are people who probably thought he didn’t.

Well, IMO KS's voice IS more realistic, maybe cause it's closer to his real voice, and Hayter's Snake voice is just cartoony, for audio purposes the motion capture has nothing to do with the end result.

Do I think Hayter could have pulled it off? Honestly don't know.

Back