Media Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain & Ground Zeroes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Konami is doing this to bug Kojima. They are reselling HIS game!"

They're not HIS games. They're owned by Konami, the same way George Lucas doesn't own Star Wars nor James Cameron owns Terminator. I don't support Konami or MGSV so I won't buy it, but any studio has to make money off their properties.

"Waa waa Mission 51" :crying

Did people forgot that Kojima and any other game/film maker cuts content regularly? It's called CUT CONTENT, not supposed-to-be-released-content.

By that logic, waaa waa where's my Resident Evil 1.5, Capcom? :crying

Having another stupid Gundam fight was not going to fill some void whatsoever. It's amazing how delusional the fandom is.

This is literally not even effecting them in the slightest. They lose absolutely nothing, they don't gain anything, so I don't get all the hate. And who the hell didn't see this coming anyway? Compilations and re-releases are done all the time these days. They're that delusional, pitiful.

And yeah, Rook is right. Cut content happens ALL The time. Dungeons get cut out in Zelda games, entire areas and boss fights in the Souls games, story line elements in anything, characters...for films, I don't have to say much.

Some of the comments are from 'the new generation' of fans, and I just have to say 'WTF'. :cuckoo

"Waa waa Mission 51" :crying

Did people forgot that Kojima and any other game/film maker cuts content regularly? It's called CUT CONTENT, not supposed-to-be-released-content.

By that logic, waaa waa where's my Resident Evil 1.5, Capcom? :crying

MGSV was supposed to be 4 chapters. 3 was a revamped camp omega and 4 was soviet union. Only chapter 1 was complete, 2 was padded with repeat missions. The game didnt even have a real ending you had to watch it on youtube or the bonus dvd. We literally got like 40% of what they set out to make for us. Theres more cut content than there is content.

Theres a difference between cut content and an unfinished game. People who worked on the game have actually been less kind than some of the youtube comments.

But MGSV sucks anyway so im not too invested emotionally in it anymore. Biggest let down of the franchise.

All things considered, that was a fairly well-made ad trailer, with just cinematics from the game :dunno. These kids need to get on with their lives already...

This is literally not even effecting them in the slightest. They lose absolutely nothing, they don't gain anything, so I don't get all the hate. And who the hell didn't see this coming anyway? Compilations and re-releases are done all the time these days. They're that delusional, pitiful.

And yeah, Rook is right. Cut content happens ALL The time. Dungeons get cut out in Zelda games, entire areas and boss fights in the Souls games, story line elements in anything, characters...for films, I don't have to say much.

Some of the comments are from 'the new generation' of fans, and I just have to say 'WTF'. :cuckoo

Precisely, re-releases happen ALL the time. Plus, it's pretty good that people who've never played "V" will have a chance to pick up both TPP and GZ for $59.99.

I'll never get used to Rook :lol.

Yeah seriously, there's nothing to get that mad over. The whole fight with Konami and Kojima, it's stupidly obvious Kojima did something. Note that other Konami IP creators, like one of the Castlevania ones, left of their own accord, and was never threatened. But what's still stupid is Konami keeps doing stupid BS that makes the dumb fanboys believe even more that Kojima is innocent. I swear, they've never seen his statements or Twitter. That Twitter alone is warrant for being fired! Plus with comments like how Kojima owns TPP show that they don't understand jack about copyright and ownership.

And it's an ok price since TPP is still $30 (for some reason) and GZ was like $30 though that game should have been much cheaper. In terms of re-releases, I believe Bloodborne had a compilation for its DLC and base game in other regions. There's GOTY editions like the rumored Arkham Knight one....but no, the moment MGS V gets one, everyone loses their minds for the wrong reasons.

And I can't get used to Rook eiter :lol

Did fans really think they should give him another 5 years? And what, another eighty million dollars? Padding more chapters still based on the same plot would of just made it a taller pile of **** than it already was.

It wouldn't have added ****. And it's hilarious how despite all of this, they still think MGS V is a master piece :lol I swear they know MGS V is bad, but can't fully admit to it.

It wouldn't have added ****. And it's hilarious how despite all of this, they still think MGS V is a master piece :lol I swear they know MGS V is bad, but can't fully admit to it.

Because fans attribute whatever "flaws" the game had to Konami's meddling, which makes no sense since Kojima got his lavish studio, world tour and even an internet TV show complete with musicians singing to his honor. If Konami DID in fact interfered with development, it wouldn't pass bug checks and QC, something done at late development and at A LOT of under budget games don't have the luxury for, yet MGSV is almost bug free and has no technical issues. PROOF that the game IS COMPLETE.

Again, I sound like I'm defending Konami but I'm not. I'm not a game developer but I know how business works. The fact that fans say that Kojima "owns" the Metal Gear franchise is proof that the ones who say that either are 12 or never went to college and learn basic business.

The fact of the matter that Kojima was fortunate enough to have complete creative control over his work for more than 20 years is a miracle in itself. Name me another person who has such degree of freedom in the industry- no one. Konami gave him the luxury to create masterpieces like MGS1 and 2, probably riding on big financial gambles for years and years over his crazy ideas and this is how fans react.

The tenure is over, we all had a great run but don't pretend this franchise has more juice left after MGS3 already concluded the story. Don't pretend that Kojima's just getting started when in actuality the series was on a collision course with an iceberg for years.

Phew! #Ryan'sRant

Last edited:
Because fans attribute whatever "flaws" the game had to Konami's meddling, which makes no sense since Kojima got his lavish studio, world tour and even an internet TV show complete with musicians singing to his honor. If Konami DID in fact interfered with development, it wouldn't pass bug checks and QC, something done at late development and at A LOT of under budget games don't have the luxury for, yet MGSV is almost bug free and has no technical issues. PROOF that the game IS COMPLETE.

Again, I sound like I'm defending Konami but I'm not. I'm not a game developer but I know how business works. The fact that fans say that Kojima "owns" the Metal Gear franchise is proof that the ones who say that either are 12 or never went to college and learn basic business.

The fact of the matter that Kojima was fortunate enough to have complete creative control over his work for more than 20 years is a miracle in itself. Name me another person who has such degree of freedom in the industry- no one. Konami gave him the luxury to create masterpieces like MGS1 and 2, probably riding on big financial gambles for years and years over his crazy ideas and this is how fans react.

The tenure is over, we all had a great run but don't pretend this franchise has more juice left after MGS3 already concluded the story. Don't pretend that Kojima's just getting started when in actuality the series was on a collision course with an iceberg for years.

Phew! #Ryan'sRant

#brojimatears

#brojimatears

:lol

I'd also like to conclude that I would KILL to work for a company that allows me to do whatever the flip I want, pays for my lavish business trips, extravagant meals and crazy creative control demands and allows the media and fans to worship me and being the poster boy for such company for over 29 years. Who cares if I get fired in the 29th year? I'll just make my way. :lol

Phew! #Ryan'sRant
Thre's no other way to put this, honestly. The only thing is this applies to other companies making games under certain IPs. I don't think Platinum owns the rights for MGR exactly or the game. And the comments really don't seem to know jack. it's bizarre, how can they be that ignorant?

And no one else had as much control as Kojima did over a franchise. No one, period. Even anime and movie creators don't seem to have that much control.

I'm buying this, along with Survive just to make sure Konami recoups all that $$$ Kojima wasted on travel and weird, expensive lunches.

Back