Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cancelling my deluxe set. I was under the impression that the new pack would include more guns. Ill just get the WJL, because I dont care for motorcycle boss.

WJL makes junk,especially the head sculpt.you will see when you get it...

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

I first ordered the lim toys because it's the first decent 1:6 metal gear figure we had in ages . 2 days later I learned of the disguiser figure and pre-ordered this one as well.I can't cancel my pre-order on the lim biker but Ill pose the biker as snake and the disguiser as venom snake as he is.hell if the headsculpt isn't decent I'll just swap the extra one from the biker set.Dont see any reason to order the extra lim pack as well. anyway I'm glad of the upcoming releases and looking forward to more Mgs figures

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cancelling my deluxe set. I was under the impression that the new pack would include more guns. Ill just get the WJL, because I dont care for motorcycle boss.

I thought so too. I was hoping that this set will have a rifle.

But I do care about motorcycle Boss. It's the only look of real Big Boss from PP and it looks cool, why ? Because in no other game BigBoss wore civilian clothes ( I'm not taking of consideration edning of MGS4 ).

The cheapest I've seen for the additional pack is at kghobby.com; they're charging $99 ($96 if you pay the full amount instead of only a deposit). So, getting the deluxe set and the additional set would run you around $260 at the cheapest to have both figures (biker Boss and Venom). No matter the vendor, both can be had for $300 or less.

You make a great point about the total cost for two figures, but the comparison to Hot Toys is a bit apples to oranges. For example, compare the $260 - $300 that I quoted above to the HT Tarkin/Vader Star Wars deluxe set that'll cost about $480. Price wise, there's a huge difference. But in terms of screen accuracy, the standard that Hot Toys is expected to meet is not comparable. If there's a single button in the wrong place on a Star Wars figure, collectors/fans will go ape-**** (and I'm one of these collectors, so I'm not disparaging them in any way). The higher cost carries much higher expectations/demands. The HT movie figures are expected to photograph well enough to seem like cinematic screenshots. And, for the most part, HT cinematic figures pull that off. With the LimToys MGS figures, the standard seems different. As has been mentioned, the pouches for tiger stripe are green in the game (and smaller - at least as far as I can tell); the holster should also always be the same color as the pouches; the game model of Venom has a much stalkier body type; the shoulder pads are bigger in the game; etc. If HT released a Boba Fett with a $250 price tag that had numerous screen inaccuracies, there would be a revolt. Heck, even the HT MGS3 figures often get ripped for not being right on. Different price = different expectations/standards. Just my two cents.

I have to agree with you in terms of accuracy but in my opinion the main reason is the licence (there is no licence in this release), the second one is the price and the diffrences it makes as you mantioned.

About the accuracy - the robot arm - it's to big. You can see that in the picture from behind, too long and too massive.

Beside everything I cant wait to put them on my display :D

The role of licensing has been debunked to my satisfaction, so I don't know why HT prices are so high. Maybe high-end sculptors command high-end wages. Maybe making costumes that require intricate patterns like you see in "Man of Steel" or BvS cost significantly more than using off-the-rack fabrics. Or, maybe HT is just fleecing us because they're greedy. I don't know. But, since the prices are high enough to tick people off, the expectation is that HT better justify the cost by producing some really accurate (and sometimes incredibly ornate) costumes and sculpts. When they fail to be really accurate, the consumer gets disappointed and even more upset at the cost. Many won't buy the pricey HT figure if something is inaccurate about it. Conversely, if a less-prominent company makes a figure with some inaccuracies, maybe collectors see it as more understandable and forgivable because they're asking less of our money for it than HT does.

this...100%

I love hot toys, but their prices are too high most of the time.
and I especially get upset when these figures dont have all of the same quality or include enough accessories or completely accurate depictions of our favorite characters. Like the early prototype of Batfleck was terrible, but luckily they listened and changed it for the better.

$99 pretty pricey for the pack which doesn't come with body & head.

It does comes with a body. Here's the list of what comes with it straight off KG Hobby website.

LIMTOYS 003 The Phantom Legend V 1/6 Tiger Stripe Camo Suit Additional Pack
This accessories pack is for LIMTOYS The Phantom Legend V 1/6 Figure to make up of 2 different figure with this set
(Head is not included in this set)

PRODUCT LIST
1----1/6 Customized body
2-----Tiger stripe camo suit
3-----Bionic arm
4-----Bionic hands*2
5-----Leather glove hands*2
6-----Brown goggles
7------Precision watch
8-----Gas mask
9-----Military boots
10-- --Shoulder pad with logo*2
11---Olive-drab holster
12----Long cartridge bag*4
13----Short cartridge bag
14----Waist pack
15----Kettle&kettle bag
16- ---Knee pad&cover
17----Sand scarf
18----Weight belt
19----Leg elastic rope
20----Combat belt
21----Traction belt

This set desperately needs another gun. Not thrilled about having to share a silenced pistol between two figures

Yeah, Snake famously slings his rifle to his side now.

I would much rather a Venom only figure too.

Yea that sucks about the rifle as long as you hothead Hot Toys Raiden figure you're good. He's got the same exact rifle that venom snake mainly uses in the phantom pain. I've been using it for exactly that on my venom snake custom that I did but now that I'm getting this version coming out I'm going to use the rifle for that and turn this customer I have into a bloody version of venom snake after he had to put down his own men in "Shining Light". I think that's what the mission is called

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back