Metal Gear Solid Customs Thread: SUBSISTENCE

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for the suggestion. I forgot to mention that the soldiers have different loadouts, so the chest pouches aren't as important as the shoulder straps by themselves. Here are some more references.

View attachment 203709
View attachment 203710

The straps join at the back into one strap. I'm sure I've seen something similar while browsing eBay, just have to keep looking, I guess.
Wouldn't mind dying them black either, if they're green or another color.

Great choice for the BDU.
And yes they had different loadout, both regular Spetznaz and Ocelot unit. Its depend on weapon that they carried. If you choose to build soldier who carried Ak47, just search Chicom chestrig from Soldier Story PLA. And for knife dont use modern Russian soldier part, search for Sideshow GiJoe Cobra trooper knife or from 21st century Ak weapon set.

Nice choice! I'm gonna do a MGS1 genome soldier for myself when I can get around to it.

Some harnesses are made from nylon which can't be dyed easily too so I'd keep an eye out for that.

Here's a wip of my MGSV Big Boss. It's not finished yet got a few more bits to grab and change but it's mostly finished. It's not the greatest photo either.

7593f9d2981559a2f8689b1695fcd713.jpg

Nice choice! I'm gonna do a MGS1 genome soldier for myself when I can get around to it.

Some harnesses are made from nylon which can't be dyed easily too so I'd keep an eye out for that.

Here's a wip of my MGSV Big Boss. It's not finished yet got a few more bits to grab and change but it's mostly finished. It's not the greatest photo either.

7593f9d2981559a2f8689b1695fcd713.jpg

looks nice, mate.

Has any one done a 1/6 custom of Big Boss from GZ?

IMG_7167.jpgIMG_7168.jpg

Here's my WIP Peace Walker Snake. I've got a bunch of parts to acquire, like the wetsuit and knee brace, but I'm pretty happy with what I've got so far.

IMG_7171.jpg

And here's his Sony Walkman® for listening to jams on the go.

id recommend looking for a naked snake ht part out and grabbing that. when i do mine im going to just buy the whole figure and use what i want from it.

There are harnesses out there bro. A lit of vintage figures you can use parts from or even have a go at making one yourself. There is one on ebay now lemme grab the link for ypu

Sent from my LG-V400 using Tapatalk

There are harnesses out there bro. A lit of vintage figures you can use parts from or even have a go at making one yourself. There is one on ebay now lemme grab the link for ypu

Heck out this on ebay. This the item code

Heck out this on ebay. This the item code

Yeah thats more like what im looking to get, I would make one, but finding the buckles might be tricky. The webbing is easy, its just 1/8" webbing. Might have to search a bit more for buckle sources. Thanks man!

c4effd9e4e7eae0ebaa283886ee7f1f9.jpg

Big difference between the hot toys and the metalboss head sculpt
uploadfromtaptalk1441351635897.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1441351527230.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1441351527230.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 155
Well, to be fair it is 2 different version of big boss, albeit inaccurate. Look at the pw artwork, hes much different than mgs3.

Sent from my XT1096 using Tapatalk

Finally completed my Naked Snake, It’s not much different from what others have done. Essentially it’s mostly of Snake from MGS3,the addition of the shoulder guard in reference of Peace Walker and a scarf as a nod towards Phantom Pain.

Special thanks to Gallo Negor for the patches,Playboy409 for the advice and to all the others modders like Elvis1976 who always helps to inspire projects like these.

Bash Kit Recipe

• HT Roadblock Hands
• HT Batman 1966 Gauntlets
• HT Dutch Shafer Boots
• Triad Toys Wetsuit
• X104-46 Scarf
• COO Model M14
• Kneepad cut from Naked Snake Sneak Suit
• Ace Vietnam Cowboy Tiger Stripe
• Shoulder pads cut from ZC World Padded Riot Armor
• HT Snake Body
• HT Snake Harness