Melb/Aussie members

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sydney is an arrival/departure hub, so it's a convenient place to start or end a visit. It's a cosmopolitan city of around 5 million people, so it has a population that can sustain a diversity of restaurants, entertainment etc. The weather is great most of the year round, but is hottest around January. I'd go during the beach season, say October-March, Sydney has some great beaches.

The food is great. There isn't much by way of cuisine that can't be found in Sydney. It's a migrant city, so pasta, noodles, kebabs, steaks, curries, you name it it's there. Australian cuisine is often called 'Australian fusion', 'cause a lot of it is inspired by the ingredients and techniques of other cultures.

The critters and creatures though are sort of everywhere. In or around my suburban house there are at least two varieties of spider whose bite will instantly hospitalise you, and in the surrounding bushland there's at least one variety of venomous snake whose bite can be fatal - but like I said, don't go looking for them and you'd hardly know they were there :)

This is an old thread, but I'm quite curious to know as I am planning to go to Australia for school next year. I plan to go in May, but I'd like to learn as much as possible before my trip.

Like Furyan mentioned, they always have some sort of "deadliest animals or creatures" show here and the majority of the animals or creatures they list are from Australia, lol. Are you saying you could be sleeping soundly in your bed and you can have a poisonous spider crawl on you, bite and kill you just like that? How often does this happen? Jaysus... :panic: :lol

Back