Medicom Venom problem, help?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoshi

Super Freak
Reaction score
Recently I was reposing this guy and his right shoulder popped out, this body is basically encased in the suit and I have no idea what's underneath. I don't wanna force the joint back in and break something. Any help?

His shoulder didn't pop out. It broke. The older medicom figures, especially the ones in red or black plastic might as well Been made of glass. They were EXTREMELY fragile. And they were prone to getting stuck. Couple that together, it means they break.
A lot.

It is fixable, but it's gonna be a pain in the ***. You've got to pull off his head, and unstitch the costume starting at the neck. Once you've got him out, you can then buy another figure, and swap out the shoulder joint.

Here is the problem. Venom uses special "huge" body, unlike every other figure medicom makes. Venom, punisher venom, and spawn all use the same body. So those are your only options for doner figures for the joint you need.

The newer medicom figures use a body made of higher quality plastics, so it no longer breaks apparently. But they have not done a new muscular character with them yet.

I there is any other way I can be of assistance, let me know.

Ah right, I didn't hear any snapping of plastic. Just thought it may have popped outta the socket or something to that effect. Thanks for the reply =]

You wouldn't hear anything. The joints on the older figures literally crumble apart. It had to do partly with the cheap materials, and partly the assembly process.

The shoulder was heald on by a pressure bolt. It's literally snapped together in the factory, instead of being screwed together like hot toys. This causes small stress points and cracks in the plastic of the joint. Put too much pressure on it, it crumbles apart.

I had it happen with my comic book venom.
My comic book spider man's joints disintegrated on their own. Left it sitting there for 6 months, picked it up one day, and he's a rag doll on all 4 joints.
Darth mauls legs went to pot.
Wolverine's shoulders crumbled to dust.

The list goes on and on.

Anyone else wanna share some medicom horror stories?

Wow, didn't know these bodies had such a reputation. Kinda disappointed a little being one of my first figures from Medicom but hey, still looks cool in display. Doesn't "look" broken.

And I can kinda hear something loose inside, like a broken part...if I shake it a little.

I do have the comic version of Venom as well, don't think I'm gonna handle that one as much xD

Wow, didn't know these bodies had such a reputation. Kinda disappointed a little being one of my first figures from Medicom but hey, still looks cool in display. Doesn't "look" broken.

And I can kinda hear something loose inside, like a broken part...if I shake it a little.

I do have the comic version of Venom as well, don't think I'm gonna handle that one as much xD

I had stop buying 12" Medicom figures for a long time. Their figure selling above $300 to $400 now. :horror

I used to collect ultraman, masked rider etc. But they started to deteriorate after a few years, especially those with PVC suit like my black spidey with broken arm & torn marks found on the suit. :mad:

Yep Medicom are on my list of figures to never buy again. I have owned 5 of their RAH figures and all bar one were shoddy. Had comic Venom and Punisher Venom both of whom had snapped legs right out of the box.

Comic punisher has a duff shoulder joint and my comic spiderman has a snapped shoulder and a snapped foot. Check out my collection video on my collection thread to see Spider-Man's shoulder joint.

Safe to say ill not be purchasing anything from medicom again.

Mind sharing pictures of these Venom figures?

I had this thing years ago. I just had to open the box, look at him, and his leg snapped! The bodies on this are absolute ****e!

Unfortunately,lerath is right about the shoulder!I had the Venom and the Venom as Punisher(or is it Punisher as Venom?) and both had problem with the shoulder.Both of mine had broken left shoulders which after gluing knocked out the forward movement off of it.The outfit is pretty tight which holds the arm pretty good so if it doesn't interfere with posing the figure,leave it be.Unless you're prepared to resew the suit and repair/replace the joint you're better off leaving it alone.GOOD LUCK MY FRIEND!^_^

Yep, sad but true. Got a lot of old medies....... they sit in a detolf and I prey every day that they don't fall apart!

New stuff is fine :)

Here's the pics. Right shoulder of the Spiderman 3 Venom is broken, doesn't look terrible on display just irritates me that I know it's broken. =P
IMG_0756_zpsd415ad12.jpg

IMG_0755_zpsbc95cc44.jpg

IMG_0754_zpsed04da16.jpg

His shoulder didn't pop out. It broke. The older medicom figures, especially the ones in red or black plastic might as well Been made of Playdoh. They were EXTREMELY fragile. And they were prone to getting stuck. Couple that together, it means they break.
A lot.

Fixed for accuracy :lecture

I LOL'd.

IT is about as sturdy as dried Playdoh.

I want to swap some of my old medi'si kept to the newer bodies.

I've got a Light and an L I'm afraid to touch.

I've also got a Darth Maul, Vader, and Luke who need new bodies...

Back