Medicom Toy Exhibition 09

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't think I could be more opposite in my opnions. The more I look at him the more I like and the more I feel like I won't be able to wait!!

Think the headsculpt is fantastic, esp if you compare it to the previous one. Has that sort of cocky expression like when he is trying to act cool in front of Kei.

I hope Ichabod means that the Headless Horseman is coming, with no likeness to worry about, that would be a very cool figure to have and I really want someone to make it in 1/6.

Don't think I could be more opposite in my opnions. The more I look at him the more I like and the more I feel like I won't be able to wait!!

Think the headsculpt is fantastic, esp if you compare it to the previous one. Has that sort of cocky expression like when he is trying to act cool in front of Kei.

I'm hoping I'm wrong... but something just isn't sitting right with me.

Ya know, the more I look at Kenada... the less I like him. Something about the style they've chosen doesn't seem to fit with how I think of the character.

I think the chin is too pointy and the expression doesn't really fit. I think I would have preferred something more stern or agressive. Everything else looks very nice... but (for now) I'm not really feeling the headsculpt.

the HS feels closer to the comic kaneda instead of the anime movie version. Which I think is what most are more familiar with. In any case, I hope medicom will continue with the akira license. Dont know why some artists are so against licensing their creation? Anyways, kaneda really needs to have a tetsuo to go with him.

BTW, seems medicom is upping the game on their anime figures yet again, the latest photos of their third figure in the jojo line 東方仗助 actually comes with a second HS and 8 hands. I have not seen a medi figure with second HS since their Lupin line. And the tailoring on his outfit is crazy, completely captured the look in the manga.

https://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-99703-1-1.html

Ah, good point about the Kenada sculpt... also buy going with something more in line with the comic they can avoid complaints from owners of the original figure.

With the unique bodies and great style Medicom is really knocking these anime figures out of the park.

Ah, good point about the Kenada sculpt... also buy going with something more in line with the comic they can avoid complaints from owners of the original figure.

I was wondering about the value on the original kaneda figure. Once this new one comes out, would that old one drop in price? (like I have ever seen that figure for sale in the first place....)

I've heard some crazy prices listed for the original... something about one selling for 3K. Don't know if its true as I never saw the listing... but people can be pretty crazy about their collectibles.

I watched one go for over $2000.00 about 3 years ago, at that point I realised it would never be mine. But now we are on version 3 of the Rocketeer I always thought Kaneda was just crying out for someone to do him again, I hope we get Tetsuo at least to go with him, two heads and interchangeable arm... gotta be done!

I have to disagree slightly, I'm getting more of the Anime style coming through than the Manga-
akira.jpg

otomo_kissakira.jpg

Not much in it though, and it might just be i always think of the Manga in B/W, wanna see more pics!

Harvey Dent looks really poor, heads too big for a start.
The rest of the stuff looks pretty good, but then so did young Indy and look how that turned out.
I like there Asian influenced stuff more

If 3PO and R2 aren't on the small side and $180 each I'll get them. They look pretty good, especially R2.

Man, hadn't though about them being over $360 for the pair... I couldn't pay that much. The Hasbro R2 is more than sufficient, C-3PO is harder to deal with... crosses fingers they are on the small side :lol

Those guys who shelled out $2000 for the old Kaneda would be mighty pissed.
But then again, it's predictable because it's medicom.

It's stupid to get pissed. Stuff is redone all the time. The other one was about 10 years ago. This is a whole new figure. A much needed and wanted update.

I definitely see the manga Kaneda in there. Hell, the back of the jacket even implies it's the manga version. It has "Good for Health Bad for Education" written on it. The anime version doesn't. I hope Toys2 offers this.

Hope they have more AKIRA figures lined up. The Colonel would be awesome, but Tetsuo has to be next.

Yes! the Colonel would be cool, but he'd have to TOWER over Kaneda... Tetsuo before any other characters.

Although, I'm not really excited about the character designs ( and how they would work as figures ) after watching the movie again the other day. Bit too "old school astro boy" like. But that's just me.

Back