Medicom Rocketeer 2.5 (1/6th Scale Figure)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Which body did you use? I still need to swap mine...

I used an X Series XP1 body. I was able to purpose it's neck adapter to work with the medicom head.

The process was semi complicated but here it goes for those who may want to do it.

- Removing pants and boots are relatively easy, but be careful with the Medicom foot joints if you plan to save the body for something else.

- The trickiness begins with the Jet pack. I am not sure if they are all like this, but the bottom belt was glued together. So I had to unbuckle the top harness and pull down the jetpack like a pair of pants down the entire body.

- I had the same issue with the jacket. Once you remove the front panel, the Jacket only zips down to the bottom but does not unfasten. You will also have to pull the jacket down like a pair of pants to be able to get it off. Once you get to the shirt its a piece of cake.

- So now onto the bodies! I used a Medicom Luke body because I did not want to break my Rocketeer body. I pulled out the neck barbell out of the neck by unscrewing it. The rocketeer does not have the ability to unscrew so if you use that Neck peg you will need to force it out with pliers.

- The neck peg actualy fits almost flawlessly into the neck peg provided with the X1 body! It just had extra room in the bottom. I was able to remedy this by stuffing just a little paper towel down there. Once you do that the ball joint fits nice and tight.

- Dressing is harder than undressing because you have to pull all the clothing up on a slightly bigger body. It also is harder because you have to tuck in the shirt, etc.

- The boots are tough to fit over the feet that came with the body, so I actually forcible removed the toes to make it a little easier. I heated up the Rocketeer boots with a hair dryer and was good to go!

- The hands just slip over the hand pegs. They were made to go over those weird Paddle type hands so it actually works nicely.

- I am convinced the X1 Series body is the way to go because of the construction of the neck. It is nice and short and fits well particularly with the Rocketeer sculpt. If you do not want to go through changing out the neck barbell.... it does come with a "neck plug" which you can rest the Rocketeer head onto if you needed to. I only did the mod so that I would get really nice solid neck articulation.

ROCK1.jpgROCK2.jpg

Thank you for the breakdown, I really appreciate it! :) What boots have people been using as an upgrade?

Yes, there are around 30$ on ebay. I was going to use them for my Rick O'connell custom but I sculpted my own.

Awesome paint job on those boots, McHaley! Would you mind sharing your technique?

Also, any shots of the full figure? :)

Last edited:
Awesome paint job on those boots, McHaley! Would you mind sharing your technique?

Also, any shots of the full figure? :)
It was some time ago, but I usually do several layers, varying between thickness, wet and dry-brushing techniques, until I have the way I want it.
I posted more photos, wayyyyy back in this thread somewhere with everything I did to this figure. I still haven't gone back to finish it. Working on replacing the wrist buckles and I have a couple different pairs of pants I will test fit him with at some point.
1209212447sml.jpg

I may have to go searching for that post because that looks great! Can I just ask what body it's on?

These were in the other Rocketeer thread, which is why I couldn't find them at first.
The Boots had not been upgraded at this point, but the body, etc. is the same.

Used a Soldier Story body, new boots, changed out the sleeve buckles. Took all the buttons & snaps off the shirt...too much bulk. Still want to add laces tot he boots at some point.
Feb0152.jpg
Feb0192.jpg

Feb021.jpg
Feb0222.jpg
Feb0242.jpg
Feb031.jpg

Feb071.jpg
Feb063.jpg

Nice upgrades guys! Man, I love this figure!

(still want to see a Rocketeer art piece someday Mark :)

Thanks for digging those up, McHaley, your work is inspiring!

I just ported my Rocketeer over to a Kumick body, the boots are temporary until the T1000 are repainted. Here are some quick pics next to my Indy for scale, so happy that he fits in with the rest of my collection now! :)

Back