medicom rah ESB boba fett MODS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
v4sakm.jpg

Did u repaint his helm already? Looks wonderful!

Finally got to paint the earpieces on my Medi Fett.

He is now 100% screen accurate. I'm pretty stoked. Considering cutting out the visor and put in an actual visor, but not sure where I would get such a thing from.

Finally got to paint the earpieces on my Medi Fett.

He is now 100% screen accurate. I'm pretty stoked. Considering cutting out the visor and put in an actual visor, but not sure where I would get such a thing from.

PICS!? :panic:

I'm guessing that it's just the lighting that's making the ear piece look a bit green?...and not the light gold-like color? Good luck with the visor mod.

SO, I did it, removed visor, and replaced it with deodorant lid.

Before:
v4sakm.jpg

After:
rvk5d5.jpg

Also painted his red a lighter red, found it makes it * pop * a little more!

So, was not happy with the earpiece, thanks for the headsup, it was indeed too green.

Was also not happy with his grey parts, too dark. So redid that too.

Comparison pic with SS. Medi is a bit on the small size compared to it, but honestly, sculpting wise they completely outdid SS. Before SS even started. :lol

2cy1lyb.jpg

EDIT: Just noticed: SS didnt even sculpt the little triangles above his brow..

Last edited:
Absolutely - agreed!

While I'm not a mad Boba Fett fan - I do like the character certainly, & to date (apart from the ROTJ Medi) no figure in 1/6 scale has done him proper justice. This is why I don't own one yet - I want a brilliant high end ESB version.

Your custom is sensational McHaleyArt, well done!

Re-painted his shoulder and kneepads, touched up a few bits on the helmet, added some glossy metal parts, looks sweet. All I need to do now is wait to get it to dry, and then glue the visor in place.

t0p0ye.jpg

1znmoh3.jpg

So, was not happy with the earpiece, thanks for the headsup, it was indeed too green.

Was also not happy with his grey parts, too dark. So redid that too.

Comparison pic with SS. Medi is a bit on the small size compared to it, but honestly, sculpting wise they completely outdid SS. Before SS even started. :lol

2cy1lyb.jpg

EDIT: Just noticed: SS didnt even sculpt the little triangles above his brow..

Terrible looking bucket!.....Still want to get SS Fett though.

Referring to the SSC Fett Bucket. ^^^^^^^^^^

Wouldnt call it terribly, there are things they did better than Medi.

Paint apps looks better. Colors are off, but the apps are better.

Seperate visor piece. Really adds to realism.

But yeah overall shape is a bit too strethed out, needs to be more squashed.

Back