McFarlane: Rick Grimes Resin Statue (The Walking Dead)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even though I never got a shipping notice, UPS just updated me that this will arrive tomorrow! I would imagine that most people have theirs on the way too then!

Just got my shipping notice from them. Shipped yesterday so I'll have them Thursday. I'm hoping for no major issues since I'm guessing replacement parts will be out of the question.

Why are you trying to cancel Suicide? Did you order 2 of these too?

Just got my shipping notice from them. Shipped yesterday so I'll have them Thursday. I'm hoping for no major issues since I'm guessing replacement parts will be out of the question.

Why are you trying to cancel Suicide? Did you order 2 of these too?

I've been an avid reader of the comics, but never got into the collectibles. I figured it was a great time to take the plunge, but after mulling it over, I figured it was best to stick to what I love most (Batman). Not only that, but considering they use UPS, Canadians get hit pretty hard with fees.

Understandable. I wouldn't be interested in it if it wasn't as cheap as it will be once I unload the second one. Though eBay is gonna be flooded with these so I have to decide if I should hold onto it for a bit or let it go cheaper.

Yeah, right now would not be the time to sell. Even waiting a few weeks for the show to start up again could drive up the price and demand a bit. Just a few months ago, Michonne could easily be had for retail or less and her price is already starting to go up. If you can afford it, I think waiting a bit to part the second one off would bring in the most money.

I've been an avid reader of the comics, but never got into the collectibles. I figured it was a great time to take the plunge, but after mulling it over, I figured it was best to stick to what I love most (Batman). Not only that, but considering they use UPS, Canadians get hit pretty hard with fees.

Did you order 2 Ricks? Instead of canceling your order, I would gladly take that over. I can provide you with an US address if needed and can also take over the payment if somehow possible.

Hmmm... Got my Ricks today. The boxes are HUGE! :horror People back east are getting snowed in, but I could barely see my front door because it was filled with Rick boxes!

So far, not so good. Right off the bat I notice I've got the bend barrel issue. And its pretty bad. No way the gun and blast lines up with the zombie he's shooting.

Then there's paint flesh slop on the female zombie, presumably from the painting of Rick's arm around her. And there is a bit of flesh paint in Rick's hair too.

I can't for the life of me figure out how correctly place the axe zombie. I've spun him around in just about every direction and that peg really doesn't want to go down the hole. Had no problems with Rick's pegs.

And lastly, there is something rattling inside the base :lol

Going to contact their customer service and see if there are any replacements. I haven't even opened the second. Might just have to return the full order if they don't have any replacements or would be willing to refund half the price and have me just return the (hopefully only 1) defective statue. :(

I'm wondering on those bent guns can they be heated up and bent back to where they should be?

The paintwork on these appears to be pretty basic so I'm thinking any splatter or bad spots can be cleaned up easily enough.

Crack open that second box and let us know!

I'm wondering on those bent guns can they be heated up and bent back to where they should be?

The paintwork on these appears to be pretty basic so I'm thinking any splatter or bad spots can be cleaned up easily enough.

Crack open that second box and let us know!

I'm waiting to hear back from McFarlane. If they don't have any replacements I don't know what my options will be. Return both? Return one for a partial refund? I don't know. But if I have to send them both back, I really don't want to have to repackage a second one of these. There aren't really any clear cut out areas where the figures are supposed to lay unlike Sideshow packaging. Very odd. I'm surprised they arrived unbroken.

Heating up the gun might be possible, but I think the blast effect would detach as it doesn't feel very sturdy to begin with. That's my biggest issue. If they can get me a replacement gun arm, I could live with the other issues I think. As you said, they aren't difficult paint aps or in hard to touch up areas. I swear I always end up with these kind of issues with statues. I always forget why I don't collect statues until I get one again :lol

I think you are better off opening the second and dealing with any issues on that one at the same time. But I know there are a lot of pieces in there. You might have more options as far as a partial return or credit if you can show them how both turned out.

Does the gun blast part not come out? I didn't think it was all one part with the gun and arm.

Did you have to sign for your boxes? I get mine tomorrow.

I think you are better off opening the second and dealing with any issues on that one at the same time. But I know there are a lot of pieces in there. You might have more options as far as a partial return or credit if you can show them how both turned out.

Does the gun blast part not come out? I didn't think it was all one part with the gun and arm.

Did you have to sign for your boxes? I get mine tomorrow.

Yeah, the arm, gun, and blast effect are all one piece. The blast effect is a separate piece of material, but it comes attached and I'm pretty sure its not meant to be removable. Its almost like it was warped from the get go. Where it was packaged, there shouldn't be any reason it would get bent. It was one of the better packed items in the box. Its too bad whatever process they used for such a key piece of the statue didn't end up working out so well. I don't quite think they've mastered the high-end manufacturing process just yet. Its an issue I'd expect from a toy, but not a high end statue.

I didn't have to sign for my boxes, luckily, as I was at work. Just a mountain of packages on the porch :lol

Back