Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

2-130.png

Re: Mazinger Z & Super Robots (Shogun Warriors) and other Mecha - Official thread!!

Got the full review up for Sentinel's Riobot R16 Shiryu: https://kumastyledesigns.com/sentinel-shiryu-review/

This piece is pretty damned hot, but honestly the price is a bit over-the-top for a full plastic piece. The link goes in-depth with thoughts, but here are some pics from the gallery:

4-116.png

2-132.png

5-121.png

7-115.png

The full review for Sentinel's Metamor-Force BARI-ATION Baikanfu is up: Toy Review: Sen-ti-nel (Sentinel) Metamor-Force BARI-ATION Baikanfu - Kuma Style

The write-up definitely has a longer, more detailed breakdown but overall I feel that it's a good piece that has a few minor niggles that make it fall short of that bar set by pieces like Dancouga. Definitely check it out and let me know what you think of my thoughts.

Here are a few pics from the gallery:

22-27.png

16-64.png

18-51.png

11-100.png

12-96.png

The full review for Sentinel's Riobot R15 Oubu is up: https://kumastyledesigns.com/sentinel-oubu-review/

This piece is just incredible. Easily the most articulated Sentinel piece I've gotten to mess with to-date, and everything from its paint to its build is outright perfection. Full details are in the review, but here are some pics from the gallery:

14-84.png

3-129.png

2-135.png

6-121.png

10-105.png

Thanks! And it's been a while, man! I hope all's been well.

There's no Gundam thread?

1-187.png

There is over in anime I think, but it's been dead for a while. I tried starting a Patlabor thread a while back and it died too.

Maybe we should start a "real robot" thread as a catch-all for Macross, Gundam, Patlabor, etc?

There is over in anime I think, but it's been dead for a while. I tried starting a Patlabor thread a while back and it died too.

Maybe we should start a "real robot" thread as a catch-all for Macross, Gundam, Patlabor, etc?

Well, that was the purpose of this thread, I can add those guys to the title
Not sure what you mean by "real robot"...

A little off-topic but check this out:

Well, that was the purpose of this thread, I can add those guys to the title
Not sure what you mean by "real robot"...

A little off-topic but check this out:

Super Robot = Mazinger, Getter, Tetsujin 28, Giant Robo, Gaiking, etc.

Real Robot = Gundam, Macross, VOTOMS, Patlabor, MOSPEADA, etc.

The two genres are typically distinguished by whether or not they try to have a consistent internal logic and semi-scientific basis for how the mecha are used and why - typically "Real Robot" focuses on multiple units being mass-produced for military or law-enforcement applications as opposed to one lone kook somehow making an invincible giant robot and getting their son/nephew/other underage relative/attractive female assistant to pilot it.

I want to like the look of that new Mazinger Z movie, but I hate it when they try to blend raw CGI with 2D animation :monkey4

Back