Maximus sculpt, V2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SovereignStudio

Super Freak
Reaction score
The WIP pics. This was the version everyone liked most....

DSC04793.jpg

DSC04797.jpg

Painted.

DSC04878.jpg

DSC04879.jpg

DSC04880.jpg

DSC04881.jpg

the first set of pics (just the sculpt) look amazing! he looks perfect

the second set (painted) looks off...sorry, something is wrong there. i can't even tell who it is.

but the initial sculpt pic were spot on....what happened?

the first set of pics (just the sculpt) look amazing! he looks perfect

the second set (painted) looks off...sorry, something is wrong there. i can't even tell who it is.

but the initial sculpt pic were spot on....what happened?

Dude, I don't know. :lol It's the exact same head. All I did was add his hair/beard. Sculpting can be weird that way. Somthing can look great unpainted and somehow fall apart painted. It's hard to take a living, flesh and blood human and reduce them to 2" of plastic and paint.

Of the three I did, this was and is my favorite.

DSC04889b.jpg

DSC04891b.jpg

DSC04893b.jpg

DSC04894b.jpg

And with regard to Crowe's eyes, they do droop a lot. It's one of his more prominent features.

russell_crowe_gladiator_008.jpg

crowe.jpg

maybe he needs more hair. it looks like his beard/mustache/sideburns/hairline are all larger on the photos you posted, than they are on your sculpt.

and that other sculpt, your favorite one, seems much better.

Your favourite one seems better, I agree. As well as more hair, I think the nose is possibly a little too wide and bulbous at the end on both versions? :confused:

I think the problem with the V2 painted is that the hair line is too high. The sculpt is still the same, but with that extra forehead it throws off the rest of the proportions. Hopefully that is an easier fix so you don't have to lose you mind on this project :lol

I think it looks good, Sean. You're right about the droopy eyes, but I think you've gone a little too far on that one detail. The bottom of the brow just above the eyes should be straighter and the top should be a bit more arched at the corners (if you're going for the pic you provided). Also, the nose looks a little big to me and the cheeks kind of puffy. I don't know. Maybe straighten out that line between the jaw and chin? Not sure. But you're on the way, man. Keep pushing it!

Back