Max Payne 3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the multiplayer on this any good? Thinking about picking it up for the singleplayer story but just curious if anyone's playing it after its over.

Is the multiplayer on this any good? Thinking about picking it up for the singleplayer story but just curious if anyone's playing it after its over.

Multiplayer is a lot of fun. But then you will have many instances where you empty an entire mag at someone and they kill you by shooting you in the knee :gah:

Hit detection definitely could of been improved.

I just got the pc version on max payne 3 and it is just amazing.

WOW WHAT A ____ING GAME.

I cant stop playing it.

visuals on pc are unreal.

running it all on very high detail directx 11 1080p and my comp runs it like a dream.

I am so glad I bought this masterpiece.

back to the game.

Those are the types of reactions I like to see, can't wait to pick this up for PS3 :rock

ohh yeaa dude saw the ps3 version and its totally crap compare to the pc version.

Yeah, I am not surprised to hear it......I am sure the 360 one looks nicer than the PS3 - not a PS3 v 360 comment, just the truth. My arse has gotta get a decent PC rig....it seems every console game now comes out on PC

For the game itself, it felt like Max Payne, which is awesome. Missed the character - love the voice actor so it was like 'going home'

ohh yeaa dude saw the ps3 version and its totally crap compare to the pc version.

:rolleyes2

Riiiiiiiight.

I wouldn't go as far to say "total crap", looks good running at 1080p.

I got to say PC is BS though for the long run, you pay out the ass for constant upgrades and latest video cards etc...i got no time for that BS.

That's what stops me from staying current with PCs - just the sheer cost of updating the video card and motherboard would get expensive, and for the most part my attitude is, 'console version looks good enough'

I got to say PC is BS though for the long run, you pay out the ass for constant upgrades and latest video cards etc...i got no time for that BS.

That's what stops me from staying current with PCs - just the sheer cost of updating the video card and motherboard would get expensive, and for the most part my attitude is, 'console version looks good enough'

Right there with you guys, that's why I got out of PC gaming as well. It was nice to be on the cutting edge, but I got so tired of the upkeep.

:rolleyes2

The initial start-up cost is higher, for sure. I have been saving money on the games, though, since I built my new PC 6 months ago:

Deus Ex: HR Augmented Edition $7.99
Crysis 2 $4.99
Crysis $9.99
Battlefield 3 $35.99
Skyrim $39.99
Witcher 2:EE $19.99
Sonic Generations $14.99
COD: MW2 $4.99
Mass Effect 2 $4.99
Dead Space 2 $5.00
Dragon Age: Origins: UE $7.49
Borderlands GOTY $7.99

...to name a few.

Now I purchased all of these on sale, and I realize console games go on sale too, just usually not to these levels.

I also enjoy having faster loading times, improved graphics, and all of my games on my HDD without having to pop in disks. I had fun building my PC as well.

As for updating the video card and components...if you are obsessed with graphics you may want to replace your card every year or so, but you don't have to. That's not too bad considering this is a collectibles forum where people easily pay for $250 figures.

Just my two cents.

You have a point for sure if you invest time browsing and figure out whats the most optimal,best value route to go when getting into PC gaming/PC purchasing/Upgrading or getting back into it, learning and saving some cash sure, i just find consoles are a cheaper and just as satisfying experience without the hassle(driver issues,vast selection of video cards to choose from can be a pain when deciding) of getting upgrades at any point during its existence until the next gen console comes out.

Most of my 360 games were $5 each copied, only the games i thought had good multiplayer options i would buy at retail but, i'm never going down that path ever again. XD

I use PS3 these days and i only buy the good games, take my time and read up reviews first and thats all the time i put into my gaming interests a side from actually playing.

You have a point for sure if you invest time browsing and figure out whats the most optimal,best value route to go when getting into PC gaming/PC purchasing/Upgrading or getting back into it, learning and saving some cash sure, i just find consoles are a cheaper and just as satisfying experience without the hassle(driver issues,vast selection of video cards to choose from can be a pain when deciding) of getting upgrades at any point during its existence until the next gen console comes out.

Most of my 360 games were $5 each copied, only the games i thought had good multiplayer options i would buy at retail but, i'm never going down that path ever again. XD

I use PS3 these days and i only buy the good games, take my time and read up reviews first and thats all the time i put into my gaming interests a side from actually playing.

It all comes down to preference. Some people don't like tinkering around with a PC, some do. There isn't a right and wrong.

I just want to make it known that PC gaming isn't as hard to get into (or as expensive) as it seems, as I have been able to do it myself, recently.

I treat it (my gaming PC) as a hobby. I admit driver issues can be extremely frustrating, but it feels good when you get it all running like a swiss watch.

Plus, I use mine as a complete entertainment package. Media center, stereo etc.

There isn't a right or wrong option IMO, just do what suits you.

Oh, yeah got this today as well - will give it a run on the weekend.

Back