Marvel Daredevil Premium Format Figure - Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are speaking to a structural engineer, so excuse me if I don't buy the gravity always wins argument...if it does then I'm in trouble! :lol

You guys are speaking to a structural engineer, so excuse me if I don't buy the gravity always wins argument...if it does then I'm in trouble! :lol

Yah, but SS isn't working with the same "foundation" of knowledge you have. :lol
And the Wolverine LSF is a huge mess. Maybe they need to hire an engineer...

Yah, but SS isn't working with the same "foundation" of knowledge you have. :lol
And the Wolverine LSF is a huge mess. Maybe they need to hire an engineer...

I guarantee you they have some form of peg stress testing. At least when it comes to the prototype. All bets are off for the factory shipped statues though.

Eventually it will m8 ... Gravity and water m8 .... We nly beat the for so long before they kick our asses..... Maybe not in our life time though

sdcc2014_sideshow_85.jpg

That's real boss!

The SDCC pics really do make this statue look that much awesomer

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Was always awesome, my man.
I love the sculpt bro you know that, you also know that i was disappointed with the artistic approach SS took. There was so much potential. Remember all those pics you posted for Alex, all those months of asking. The crazy poses and possible artistic take on this guy and we got him in a mid run. At least if it was him running to jump off the edge of a building or him on the precipice of a tower or something. Instead he looks like he could be mid trip on a broken tombstone. But if they do a yellow, I'll pick it up because i just love those colours. Love the sculpt on him though

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I think since this is somewhat of an interpretive piece they did what they could given the concept. The base is a fallen over Blind Justice statue. With a base like this they could've had him in a cool, pseudo museum pose, billy clubs out and ready to battle, similar to the Koto but with the legs closer together due to the smaller space. But then without increasing the size of the base he'd most likely have a foot on the Blind Justice's neck or head to make the pose work and that would certainly give this a different interpretation, lol. Running over top of it is pretty much the only thing they could have him do without enlarging the base or scrapping the Justice element altogether, something they were probably keen on keeping, especially since it represents and connects the themes of him being blind, a lawyer, and a superhero. When thought of like that, I can see how this works.

They nailed the concept...it's just not what some people want. Seems most people want their PF's in the exact same knee up pose. Sideshow tried to go outside of the box with this one, and it rubbed some people the wrong way.

Back